PDA

View Full Version : Could Fantasyland Be Open?

alliekat
09-15-2012, 11:39 AM
Hi everyone I'm going to WDW on 11/9-11/14. I know that the offical soft openings date for Fantasyland is a few days after I leave. I was just wondering if anyone thought even though it's not the offical date that some things might be open.
Any thoughts are appreciated.:mickey:

Strmchsr
09-15-2012, 01:02 PM
It's possible, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Soft openings and AP previews begin Nov 19 and the official opening isn't until Dec 6. So, while it's not out of the realm of possibility, I would go expecting the answer to be no and be surprised if that changes.

Gator
09-15-2012, 03:01 PM
It's gonna be close. Like the PP said, don't expect it. But if it does happen, that's a bonus for the trip.

alliekat
09-17-2012, 01:17 PM
Thanks guys and hopefuly it will be.

disneygirl87
09-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Like everyone else said, it is possible.

Being a Fantasyland CM has it's benefits:
What I've seen looks like they are proceeding right on schedule for the soft opening and grand opening. That being said, I also know a few other things.

One of the castle walls leading you into the expansion has had it's construction walls taken down and is a functioning part of Fantasyland (functioning meaning you can walk through it towards Pinocchio's Village Haus or towards Winnie the Pooh). There is also a tentative opening date for The Big Top merch location of this Saturday (9/22) and Pete's Side Show meet and greet is said to be opening soon as well.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the soft opening going live before it's official date--I'm tired of staring at the walls from Peter Pan. :mickey:

AXOAlum
09-20-2012, 09:54 PM
Hi everyone I'm going to WDW on 11/9-11/14. I know that the offical soft openings date for Fantasyland is a few days after I leave. I was just wondering if anyone thought even though it's not the offical date that some things might be open.
Any thoughts are appreciated.:mickey:

We'll be there the same week (through the 17th) so we are hoping too!! :mickey:

Thanks for the info, disneygirl87!