PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP treats

retiredfigment
09-15-2012, 10:56 AM
I thought I read somewhere that after you trick or treat at the party, you can go to City Hall, (I think) and exchange your candy for healthier options, gluten free, etc. Now I can't find the info. Anyone else hear or read about this?

Christine
09-15-2012, 01:14 PM
I thought I read somewhere that after you trick or treat at the party, you can go to City Hall, (I think) and exchange your candy for healthier options, gluten free, etc. Now I can't find the info. Anyone else hear or read about this?

I dunno about that but there were healthier options out there last night Bananas for example. Of course my DH said those were to aid in muscle cramps while running from one treat station to another. ;)

Pirate Granny
09-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Been going for ten years and never heard of that...we did get apples, grape packages, craisins, raisin, etc.

retiredfigment
09-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Okay, found it. Feel much better knowing I have not lost my mind LOL. I hope I can post this link, since it is a Disney site: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/09/the-most-magical-trick-or-treat-celebration-in-the-world-at-walt-disney-world-resort/
The paragraph regarding treats is right above the pictures of Mickey and Minnie on pumpkins.

Pirate Granny
09-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Learn something new every year...I think I'll stop by to see what they offer.

And if sugary candy is not your thing, there will be healthy options, too. You can exchange all your goodies, collected at the treat locations, for candy that fits your dietary needs, such as sugar-free candy, treats without nuts and healthy options too. Simply bring your candy to City Hall, and they’ll exchange your goodies for treats that meet your dietary restrictions.

Melanie
09-15-2012, 04:11 PM
I dunno about that but there were healthier options out there last night Bananas for example. Of course my DH said those were to aid in muscle cramps while running from one treat station to another. ;)

That's his kind of 5K, huh? ;) RUN JOHN RUN! :D

Christine
09-15-2012, 04:53 PM
That's his kind of 5K, huh? ;) RUN JOHN RUN! :D

You hit the nail on the head!! He even got an event shirt! (No medal though ;) )

Dopey's Girl
09-16-2012, 04:14 PM
I have always wondered about this..very cool. I have a friend with a son who has a pretty serious peanut allergy, so it's good to know Disney is thinking about this stuff!

Joyollie
09-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Do the adults Trick or treat? even if they dont have kids with them?

Christine
09-17-2012, 06:33 PM
Do the adults Trick or treat? even if they dont have kids with them?

Absolutely!!!!

And WELCOME to INTERCOT!!!