PDA

View Full Version : Chefs De France or Boma (twice)

disneynarula
09-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Looking for thoughts on Chefs De France. Or should we just do Boma twice? I have an ADR at Chef's but am having second thoughts.

We are also eating at
Sanaa
Marrakesh
Captain's Grille
Boma
Grand Floridian Cafe
Kona Cafe

We are going in about a month and are going during free dining so we need to make a choice soon.

I am open to other suggestions as well. I would like something in the Epcot area or a resort. We like unique dining experiences and are more into the food than the atmosphere. We are on the dining plan and looking for a one credit place. No O'Hana!

TheDuckRocks
09-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Try Chef de France. We have found the food to very good and whenever we take newbies with us we have always included it in our ADRs with good results.

SBETigg
09-15-2012, 10:52 AM
With so many good places at WDW, it's hard for me to eat at the same place twice in one trip. And when you read trip reports when people do so, there's the inevitable "the first time we went, it was amazing, but on our second visit..." So I would go once and leave on a high note (and keep the thrill alive for a next visit on a next trip). Chefs de France is one of our favorites. It has had its ups and downs through the years, but I wouldn't miss it. Most recently, for us, it has been very good.

buzznwoodysmom
09-15-2012, 11:22 AM
We loved Chefs, one of our best meals in Epcot. We did not care much for Boma, so there is no way we would have it twice in one trip. I don't think there is a single place, not even my beloved Ohana's, that I'd want to do twice in one trip. There are too many other wonderful places to try.

If you're having second thoughts on Chefs de France, how about trying Via Napoli? As much as we loved Chefs de France, Via Napoli was even better! Both are in Epcot so if you can get an ADR it would be a good switch off.

Gator
09-15-2012, 11:37 AM
I would never do a table service twice on a trip. Even if it were my favorite. I like lots of variety on my Disney trip, and trying French food would be a good start. The only place I'll hit more than once a trip is the food court at my resort. That's why it's so important which resort I go to. The Value's food courts are blah, but the moderates and deluxes tend to be a lot more fun with lots of variety.

disneymom2000
09-16-2012, 12:28 PM
It took me 10 trips before trying Chef's and I loved it. This trip I am doing both, Boma and Chef's along with Sanaa and my first time to try Garden Grill. I am excited.

darthmacho
09-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Wow. Tough choice. Boma is a restaurant worth eating as many times as you can fit in, but Chef's de France was a pleasant surprise of our 2010 trip. I love both restaurants, so I'm going to say do both. However, whatever decision you make, you should end up having two great meals. The important thing is, that no matter how many times you visit Boma, be sure to eat as many Zebra Domes as you can! :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
09-16-2012, 12:40 PM
If I had to choose between Chef and Boma, I'd take Boma... But, since you are already eating at Boma during your trip, give yourself some more variety... Go with Chefs...

Kenny1113
09-17-2012, 08:55 AM
If I had to choose between Chef and Boma, I'd take Boma... But, since you are already eating at Boma during your trip, give yourself some more variety... Go with Chefs...

:ditto:

WDWCrazyKaren
09-17-2012, 09:54 AM
DH and I love Chefs! We've always had excellent food and excellent service. I know there have been others that haven't had the greatest experiences there, but we've never been disappointed. We are now making it a must-do on every trip. Give it a shot!