PDA

View Full Version : March weather vs. October weather

green ranger
09-14-2012, 03:03 PM
We've been to DW in October and absolutely loved the weather. We have never been there in March and was wondering how the weather compared in March to October. Does anyone have experience with going in both of those months? I know we were there once towards the end of April and it really was unbearable so that is why we were thinking of March.

AgentC
09-14-2012, 04:16 PM
March is usually cooler than October though the weather can be quite variable at the time of year.

April is usually very nice. Was it too hot when you went? We went at the end of last April and it was lovely.

After living here for awhile I find that the hottest months tend to be June through late Sept /mid Oct. Some years it does get hot earlier but you can't really plan for that.

green ranger
09-15-2012, 09:15 PM
March is usually cooler than October though the weather can be quite variable at the time of year.

April is usually very nice. Was it too hot when you went? We went at the end of last April and it was lovely.

After living here for awhile I find that the hottest months tend to be June through late Sept /mid Oct. Some years it does get hot earlier but you can't really plan for that.

I remember it being very hot and humid. Do you know what the average day temperatures were when you were there in April? Now you have me thinking that maybe we just hit a really unusually hot week in April the year that we went.

AgentC
09-16-2012, 12:47 AM
I remember it being very hot and humid. Do you know what the average day temperatures were when you were there in April? Now you have me thinking that maybe we just hit a really unusually hot week in April the year that we went.

I live about an 1 1/2 west or Orlando. We are usually a couple of degrees cooler than Orlando but have very similar temperatures. Most years April is very good, but we have had some where it gets hot early. Tends to be more a problem in May than April. I think the temperatures were high 70's when we went in April last year.

Buttercup
09-16-2012, 01:39 AM
Every time I've gone in March, it's hit or miss. Some years we're wearing shorts and going swimming, other years we're wearing jackets and pants. So you never know.
I would say October is more guaranteed to be nicer weather.
April has never been unbearably hot for me -- usually mid-80's weather. Maybe you hit an unusual heat wave when you were there?

buzznwoodysmom
09-16-2012, 11:38 AM
The weather in both October and March can vary year to year, and even week to week during those months. October can have nice cool fronts or still be very much on the warm side. March can still be fairly cool, or it can have some warmer days. The weather where I live is much like Orlando, and you sometimes just never know what you'll get anytime of the year other than summer, when you know it's going to be HOT.

That said, I've been to WDW once in Oct. and once in March. We were there the very last week of Oct. and the second week of March. The weather was very similar on those two trips, with Oct. being a tad bit warmer. In March I found the mornings and nights to get a bit cooler than we expected, but the temps during the day were absolutely perfect on both of those trips.

Melanie
09-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Humidity tends to not be so brutal in March. That's a huge difference maker to me!

disneymom2000
09-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Amen sister. I am from Texas and it gets hot but never too humid. The humidity in Florida is nuts. I went once in June and never again. I stay in the far outside months of summer. I love going anytime between October and March.
However, I watch when Spring Break in spring and when the foreigners are in around beginning-mid October. 6 of one - half dozen of the other.

green ranger
09-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Thank you all for your responses. I appreciate it.

PlutoPlanet
09-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Every time I've gone in March, it's hit or miss. Some years we're wearing shorts and going swimming, other years we're wearing jackets and pants. So you never know.
I would say October is more guaranteed to be nicer weather.
April has never been unbearably hot for me -- usually mid-80's weather. Maybe you hit an unusual heat wave when you were there?

I agree. We have gone twice in March. The temperature was quite variable.

DisneyDawgette
09-18-2012, 03:08 PM
However, I watch when Spring Break in spring and when the foreigners are in around beginning-mid October. 6 of one - half dozen of the other.

I would definitely take European guys in the speedos (shudders) in October than hoards of college kids in March. And I am a college kid. :P

But we actually have a tentative trip scheduled for October, but it's looking like there is a chance it will be pushed to March... So needless to say, I've also benefitted from this thread! :)