PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass Questions...

wdwluv
09-14-2012, 01:22 PM
So here is a really dumb one to start off...

my AP expired a few months back, I don't suppose I can get the renewal rate if it's a bit old? I know - it's a totally dumb question and I'm sure the answer is no....but what the heck, worth a try.

So then my next question is regarding getting my hands on the pass. I plan to purchase it online. If I remember right, they send me a voucher that I have to activate to get the actual pass? I HATE to have to deal with guest services before I can get into the park. (my first opportunity would be on a park day when I want to get to the park early and in line to get in) Is that still the deal? Is that any faster than just doing Will Call on it? Can I get at guest services before park opening so that I can get it squared away and in line for the park opening? (and it looks like my first park might work out to be DHS, is that one any easier or the same?)

Thanks in advance! :mickey:

faline
09-14-2012, 01:26 PM
If you last annual pass expired several months ago, it's unlikely they would allow you to renew it though you could call Disney and give it a try.

If you are purchasing a new annual pass, you will receive a voucher which you will need to activate at Guest Services at the entrance to one of the parks. If you are arriving the day before, you could also go to Downtown Disney and activate it at the Guest Services Department there.

VWL Mom
09-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Unfortunately the renewal must be 30 days before/after in order to use the renewal rate.

If your staying on property you can now purchase a regular AP at your hotel. If you'd rather do it online, you will need to pick it up at guest services at DTD or one of the parks. I usually get mine at MK so I can't comment on the lines at DHS, sorry.

Disney Hungarian
09-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Dawn, I can answer the first question.
You can renew an AP up to 30 days after the expiration. The renewal will have the same expiration as the original.

Also the only dumb questions are the ones that go un-asked. :thumbsup:

wdwluv
09-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Thanks so much everyone!!!

And I love the sound of being able to purchase the AP at the resort!! Is that for sure? I don't get in till late the night before, so there is no hope of getting to DTD or a park that day. And I would like to hit the ground running on my first full day.

(oh - and just a duh...I'm assuming that means I can get the regular tickets - not AP - for my son at the resort too?)

Tigerinvestigator
09-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Thanks so much everyone!!!

And I love the sound of being able to purchase the AP at the resort!! Is that for sure? I don't get in till late the night before, so there is no hope of getting to DTD or a park that day.

Yes I bought mine at the Guest Relations desk at the WDW Dolphin a few weeks ago!:thumbsup: