PDA

View Full Version : X Factor 2

PirateLover
09-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Anyone watching? I kind of bailed on X Factor midway through the first season, but I decided to watch some clips from the first two episodes on line, and I'm liking it so far. Britney Spears and Demi Levato are MUCH better judges so far than Paula and Nicole were last season. I'm surprised The Voice is beating it. Britney has a lot of fans and I thought for sure she'd bring a bigger audience. I'm already tired of The Voice and I'm not watching it anymore.

SBETigg
09-14-2012, 12:26 PM
I haven't watched the Voice in the past, but I watched once this season. Then, I didn't watch X Factor last time except for once, but I've watched twice so far this season. Britney is a bit of a surprise for me. I haven't been much of a fan, but I like her as a judge on the show. She seems to have her act together and she's a decent judge, not all giggly praise. Demi Lovato has been good, too. I watched because a) nothing much else was on and b) curiosity factor at the new judges.

I'm no longer a fan of singing shows and probably won't watch much more unless nothing much else is on again. The same with American Idol when that starts. I'll probably tune in just to see how it goes, and then not watch again this time. I'm just pretty well over the whole singing competition thing. But not enough to not tune in at least once, apparently. I do find X Factor with Britney more interesting than the Voice.

Disneymom4ever
09-17-2012, 08:52 AM
I had never seen the show before, but we actually got free tickets to be in the audience in July when they came to Greensboro, NC. It was exciting, and fun to see the judges. We were sitting right by the tunnel where they enter into the coliseum. I have to say, Demi was so cute, she was always giggling and talking to Simon during commercials. You could tell they were close. Britney, on the other hand (sorry all you Britney fans), was useless the day we were there. She had nothing really to add, and we just felt like "Why was she there?" Just no personality. Very different from what we've watched so far. And Simon was really nice! He kept giving audience members hugs and signing autographs during commercials. I was surprised by that one. I can't wait to see that show, hopefully I'll find my family! I do find the show itself entertaining so far, so we'll see.

TinkerbellT421
09-17-2012, 08:55 AM
All I know is, be sure to watch the next couple of episodes involved with Providence. Living ten minutes away from where the auditions took place, and having several friends that went.....they make for interesting (for lack of a more dramatic term) television! I heard some CRAZYYYYYY stories! Some weirdos definitely showed up, so hopefully they show those clips because they had me laughing out loud when my friends went.

Dsnygirl
10-11-2012, 09:23 PM
I am a new fan of the show... never really got into American Idol, or any of the singing shows before, really.

But a friend here at work showed me the auditions on YouTube for a number of the really good singers in the first round, and I got hooked... Carly Rose, Jeffrey Gutt, Jason Brocc, Paige... the list goes on!! So I got my DH to start DVR'ing it for me (I work most Wed/Thurs nights) and I confess... I am hooked!!

I really like Simon and LA... they're great... but the biggest surprise for me was how much I'm enjoying Brittany & Demi! I really wasn't sure what to expect out of them, and have been pleasantly surprised - I like their personalities, how they interact w/ the singers (esp now at the judge's homes) and it's been funny to watch their reactions to both the good AND the bad.

How are you guys liking it, now that it's gone this far into the season??

PirateLover
10-12-2012, 02:29 AM
I'm still enjoying it! I am blown away by how good so many of the younger contestants are. Hopefully Demi and Britney can really help them out, as they were both exposed to stardom at a young age and went through tough times. That is the only thing that makes me stop and think- some of these kids are just so serious for being so young. I mean, to be so career focused at 13! Sometimes when you don't get that chance to be a kid, it comes back around to bite you.

TinkerbellT421
10-12-2012, 08:28 AM
I am pleasantly surprised with how much I love Britney and Demi. I was kind of eh with their announcement, but then again, I never watched till this year anyway and it was Britney signing on that swayed me to be intrigued. Still loving it so far! :mickey:

PirateLover
11-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Well much like last season I've totally lost interest now that we are in the competition rounds. I have just been watching clips of performances online. I think Demi has no clue how to mentor her group. They are the worst! Britney is marginally better. I like her group the best but they are so young.