PDA

View Full Version : 1st week in December

Kaps
09-14-2012, 09:10 AM
Well we will be there first week of December. I was unaware of the parade taping and now fantasyland opening on the 6th. Just looking for opinions on crowds during this week. I will be there from 11/29 through 12/9. Any thoughts on previous crowds during the parade week and the opening of fantasyland? Hope it will be manageable :mickey:

Disney Hungarian
09-14-2012, 09:35 AM
I have avoided that week of December since 2005. I have decided I like the 2nd week of Dec. better. It really wasn't that bad crowd wise. The weekend of filming clogs up Main Street and the hub. The rest of the park and other parks were fine. With the FLE grand opening I would expect the MK to be packed on Dec.6th.

Strmchsr
09-14-2012, 10:08 AM
:ditto: Crowds have increased significantly the first week of December from what they used to be, but it's still manageable. You will definitely want to avoid MK on the Saturday of the parade taping (Dec 1). The Friday and Sunday taping times usually don't foul things up as much. From what I hear from my friends at WDW it seems a lot of folks have put their vacations this year in December instead of going in the summer or fall as usual (bookings were very slightly down in July and August, but are up considerably in December) because of everything (FLE, new Test Track, etc) all opening around the first of December. So, I would expect crowds to be higher than usual, but you should be able to get around fine with a plan and a lot of fastpasses.

steamboat willy
09-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Our countdown clock has hit 86 days and we are looking at the week following yours. I had hoped on seeing some of the parade taping. It's always a "must see" on our Christmas Day! Guess we'll have to wait till we get home.
I'm sure with the new Fantasyland opening, Be Our Guest is going to be busy beyond busy!
See you in December! :santa::tree::santa:

Gator
09-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Let's hope together that the crowds are down, but I think they'll be up as they have been for the last 6 or 7 years during that week.