PDA

View Full Version : Child Swap

CzepielCrew
09-14-2012, 08:49 AM
I have 11 year old twins. 1 likes thrill rides, 1 does not.
Does child swap apply to children their age and for that reason? Both me and my husband would like to ride Space Mountain, but I think they are way too young to leave them alone for too long.

Mickey'sGirl
09-14-2012, 09:32 AM
It's called Rider Swap, so there is no age restriction. Your 11 year old is too young to be left alone for a long period, therefore the Swap would be ideal for your family. :mickey:

CzepielCrew
09-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Yes, thank you :funny:

I really don't want to swap my child

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-14-2012, 12:56 PM
It's called Rider Swap, so there is no age restriction. Your 11 year old is too young to be left alone for a long period, therefore the Swap would be ideal for your family. :mickey:

I've only used it on one trip, and it worked slick, but I thought it was designed for parents who had children who due to height restrictions could not go on a ride. So as long as you presented to ineligible rider to the CM you were given three up to 3 fast passes for the other adult to come back and ride again with the kids.

I didn't realize that you could do it for any reason.

Do you know, my understanding is that the fast pass system now requires you to use them by a specific time, will the rider swap be the same? Or will they remain open ended?

CzepielCrew
09-14-2012, 01:17 PM
I can see why the rules would be for height restrictions.
Maybe fast passes are the way to go. Last I knew, you do have a time restriction.

Main Street Jim
09-14-2012, 01:36 PM
You were given three up to 3 fast passes for the other adult to come back and ride again with the kids.

I didn't realize that you could do it for any reason.I have to correct this statement.

You are not given "three fastpasses for the other adult"; what you *are* given, is a single "Rider Switch" pass that's good for UP TO three people at a time.

And yes, you *can* ask for them (Rider Switch pass) even if you have a child/children of eligible height but are afraid to ride.

Do you know, my understanding is that the fast pass system now requires you to use them by a specific time, will the rider swap be the same? Or will they remain open ended?This *is* correct - for the FastPasses. You DO have to use them within your window. However, the RIDER SWITCH passes (at least when we worked there) *are* "open-ended" with no "printed time" on them. However, these *do* have a DATE printed on them. They could be used any time during the day (in the same park, on the same ride). If this has changed for the Rider Switch passes, I'm sure someone will let us know :)