PDA

View Full Version : Canon EOS Rebel T3 - battery life?

Maleficent_vf
09-13-2012, 07:26 PM
Are there any Canon EOS Rebel T3 users out there that can tell me about the battery life I can expect from it while at WDW?

For my non-Disney life, it sounds like having a single battery will be sufficient for most of my photo needs, but we all know Disney is different. I tend to take tons of pictures and use flash and zoom without thinking about their drain on a battery.

This is my first DSLR. Since I'm new to this camera, any advice about it is welcome.

Thanks!

Altair
09-13-2012, 07:42 PM
The battery will last all day, but I always carry a spare just in case. Video will drain it faster. I never have "live view" on, that also drains the battery.
If it gets low at the end of the day, go to manual focus and don't use the flash.
If you charge it every night you shouldn't have a problem.
:photo:

GA girl
09-13-2012, 08:42 PM
I have a T2i, which has a different battery, but my niece has the T3 and they have the about the same battery life. You should be fine if you charge it every night and do not use live view.
I purchased an extra battery from Amazon for under $15.00 and it last longer than my original Canon battery. I think it is a Photive. I would carry an extra battery or a small point and shoot camera just to be safe.

Maleficent_vf
09-13-2012, 11:05 PM
Thanks! I will plan on having 2 batteries with me.