PDA

View Full Version : Walkway from Grand Floridian

WDWTEXAS
09-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Is there a walkway from Grand Floridian to the Magic Kingdom? They seem close enough together, but I can't remember if there is one or not.

Tygger7
09-13-2012, 01:16 PM
No, there is no walkway from GF to MK. The Contemporary is the only hotel with that perk. :mickey:

SBETigg
09-13-2012, 01:26 PM
There is not. They are pretty close, but there's a waterway where they store the Electrical Water Pageant that breaks up the potential connection from GF to MK. To make a walkway, they would need to find a solution to bridge the fair-sized gap.

Scar
09-13-2012, 01:58 PM
To make a walkway, they would need to find a solution to bridge the fair-sized gap.I know you know this Sherri, so I'm not criticizing, but the solution does exist. It's a matter of money.

And you can walk from The GF to MK. Heck, you can walk from The GF to Disneyland if you really wanted to.

Scar
09-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Oh... to clarify, if by walkway you mean some sort of paved walkway, no. There is a couple hundred yards of grass to walk on between the Ticket & Transportation Center and the aqueduct by The Contemporary. The rest is paved, although with the work at The GF, that could be a temporary disruption too.

Gator
09-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Just take one of the little jet boats across! Ok, maybe not the best idea. But no walking allowed. Besides the monorail takes you right to MK. It's the ride back that takes a while.

joonyer
09-13-2012, 04:08 PM
The is a walkway sort of ... only halfway from the MK down to the canal. It's a nice paved and lighted sidewalk. But no bridge across the canal. I don't really know why they built that walkway; it makes me wonder if they were considering building a bridge there at one time. On the GF side there's just a service road going down to the canal.

Granny Jill A
10-03-2012, 04:05 PM
There is not. They are pretty close, but there's a waterway where they store the Electrical Water Pageant that breaks up the potential connection from GF to MK. To make a walkway, they would need to find a solution to bridge the fair-sized gap.

I know, I know..... how about a zipline.

Wheeeee!!!!!!!

:silly: