PDA

View Full Version : DVC Members Getting HUGE Discount on Premium Annual Pass

DizneyFreak2002
09-12-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm beginning to really like this new DVC Senior Vice President Claire Bilby.... She seems to understand the DVC members need to be treated more like "family" instead of cash cows that Jim Lewis treated us as...

Beginning October 1 and ending December 31 2012, DVC members will be able to purchase a Premium WDW Annual Pass for only $399... That is a savings of $300 off the actual price...

Premium Annual Passes gives holders access to all four theme parks, both water parks, DisneyQuest, ESPN Wide World of Sports, and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course...

And the best part... You can purchase the pass during this time and it doesn't take affect until the first time the ticket is used...

NewDVCowner
09-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Does anyone know if this counts with upgrading an existing ticket and/or towards upgrading to a coast to coast ticket?

For example. I have already purchased a 7 day park hopper for my trip this November. When I'm there in November can I go to the ticket booth at some point and upgrade to a WDW annual pass for the difference in value between the ticket I have and the $399? In that respect can I then turn around and upgrade that annual pass to a coast to coast ticket?

VWL Mom
09-12-2012, 03:43 PM
dizneyFreak2002
And the best part... You can purchase the pass during this time and it doesn't take affect until the first time the ticket is used...

But it has to be activated by Dec 31, correct? I'm confused by MS post...it says, buy it, save it but then it must be redeemed by Dec 31?? In my case my pass expires in Feb so I'm not sure.
Insider's Tip: A Premium Annual Pass certificate is not activated as a ticket until it is used the first time. So, if you've already purchased an Annual Pass, you can still take advantage of this offer by purchasing it now (between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, 2012), but waiting to activate it until after your current pass has expired. Passes purchased on this offer must be redeemed by December 31, 2013.

Disney4us2
09-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Too bad it is only for WDW passes. We only get $20.00 off the price of a pass at Disneyland. :(

VWL Mom
09-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Does anyone know if this counts with upgrading an existing ticket and/or towards upgrading to a coast to coast ticket?

For example. I have already purchased a 7 day park hopper for my trip this November. When I'm there in November can I go to the ticket booth at some point and upgrade to a WDW annual pass for the difference in value between the ticket I have and the $399? In that respect can I then turn around and upgrade that annual pass to a coast to coast ticket?

I know with a regular DVC AP I was told to upgrade to the 2park ticket, I would have to pay the difference between DVC AP & AP, then upgrade to the Premier Passport.

DizneyFreak2002
09-12-2012, 03:59 PM
dizneyFreak2002

But it has to be activated by Dec 31, correct? I'm confused by MS post...it says, buy it, save it but then it must be redeemed by Dec 31?? In my case my pass expires in Feb so I'm not sure.

Looks like a phone call to DVC Guest Services is in order... I was always under the assumption that the ticket isn't activated until first use... Hmmm, I may have to call to verify...

EDIT: Looks like it has to be redeemed by the end of 2013, not 2012... Hmm, still going to call..

EDIT EDIT: Lynn, to answer your question, direct from member services, you can purchase the Premium AP between October 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012... You have until December 31, 2013 to redeem the voucher... So, not only do you get a Premium AP for less than a regular AP, you'll beat any price increases next year too!!!

Butters
09-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Is there any plan to discount regular AP's? Since this will make a premium cheaper than a regular?

Goofeygal
09-12-2012, 04:41 PM
WOW that is great!!!!

laprana
09-12-2012, 05:11 PM
We just renewed our Premium APs about 2-3 weeks ago. Got the voucher cards in the mail last week for the renewals. Would I be able to purchase new PAPs at the discounted price and activate them on our November trip, hold onto the renewal vouchers we just got, and then cash in those vouchers next year without having to pay for a renewal? Do renewal vouchers have to be exchanged within a certain amount of time after you purchase them?

Joannelet
09-12-2012, 05:16 PM
My hubby was planning on buying an annual on Monday upon arrival. Why are they only offering this starting Oct 1st? Geez....this is a really great deal! But it stinks we leave right before it is offered but are buying an annual pass. Ugh.

VWL Mom
09-12-2012, 05:32 PM
EDIT: Looks like it has to be redeemed by the end of 2013, not 2012... Hmm, still going to call..

:doh: Thanks, and to think I read it over and over and missed the year.

DizneyFreak2002
09-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Is there any plan to discount regular AP's? Since this will make a premium cheaper than a regular?

Nope... No other AP discount... Just whatever the current discount is... Only the Premium is being sold under this special offer...

:doh: Thanks, and to think I read it over and over and missed the year.

Eh, no worries... Just wanted to make sure, that's why I called... Wanted to make sure the 2013 date was correct.. it is.. I'm tempted... I haven't owned a WDW AP for 2 years now... My issues: I don't visit the water parks... But, still this deal makes it cheaper than the regular AP, and I won't be heading back til next year, so i can beat any price increases for next year... Really need to do some thinking about this...

faline
09-12-2012, 06:44 PM
They also announced an ongoing 10% discount on purchases.

2.October 1 will also mark the launch of a new ongoing Member perk – 10% off merchandise** at all Disney owned and operated merchandise locations at Parks and Resorts at Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney's Vero Beach Resort, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai'i.

dmallan
09-12-2012, 06:47 PM
My hubby was planning on buying an annual on Monday upon arrival. Why are they only offering this starting Oct 1st? Geez....this is a really great deal! But it stinks we leave right before it is offered but are buying an annual pass. Ugh.

I wonder if you could purchase non-expiring park hoppers for this trip and then after October 1, upgrade them to premium APs?

DizneyFreak2002
09-12-2012, 06:51 PM
They also announced an ongoing 10% discount on purchases.

Missed that... Kind of makes it even more attractive to buy this pass, doesn't it?? I mean, I know it is only 10% and covers the cost of the added tax, but 10% is better than nothing...

faline
09-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Missed that... Kind of makes it even more attractive to buy this pass, doesn't it?? I mean, I know it is only 10% and covers the cost of the added tax, but 10% is better than nothing...

I didn't think the discount was tied to the purchase of the premium pass but, rather, will be a perk just for being a DVC member. Did I misread it?

DizneyFreak2002
09-12-2012, 07:31 PM
I didn't think the discount was tied to the purchase of the premium pass but, rather, will be a perk just for being a DVC member. Did I misread it?

Hmm, me thinks another call to Member Services??? LOL... Does seem like it is not tied to the pass... I read the memo again... Your membership will get you 10%, not the pass...

Christine
09-12-2012, 09:35 PM
DH has a PAP & the merchandise discount is 20%!!

Thanks for posting this news! You made my night! Our passes are expiring 10/12 & now we ALL can get PAPs (currently just dh does for the golf and DD has a Fl resident after 2pm water park AP. This will be GREAT!

THANKS SO MUCH!!

Christine
09-12-2012, 09:55 PM
From DVC website:

From October 1 through December 31, 2012, Members will be able to purchase a Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass for just $399 (that's a savings of $300 off the regular price!)*. Premium Annual Passholders enjoy unlimited admission to four Theme Parks, a year's worth of unlimited access to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park and Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Parks, DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course (greens fees only) and more!
Insider's Tip: A Premium Annual Pass certificate is not activated as a ticket until it is used the first time. So, if you've already purchased an Annual Pass, you can still take advantage of this offer by purchasing it now (between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, 2012), but waiting to activate it until after your current pass has expired. Passes purchased on this offer must be redeemed by December 31, 2013.
October 1 will also mark the launch of a new ongoing Member perk – 10% off merchandise** at all Disney owned and operated merchandise locations at Parks and Resorts at Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney's Vero Beach Resort, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai'i.
Visit dvcmember.com on October 1 for more details!

January-2007
09-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Another great reason to join DVC, I am so ready!

VWL Mom
09-13-2012, 08:18 AM
DH has a PAP & the merchandise discount is 20%!!

I forgot all about that!

DizneyFreak2002
09-13-2012, 10:53 AM
So the PAP is a 20% discount... DVC members will discount... Yea, seems worth while getting the PAP after all with this deal...

azcavalier
09-13-2012, 11:06 AM

I want to know the answer to this, too. We're going in November for 8 days, going back in April for four, and then again next fall for 8 days. We were going to buy Annual Passes at the end of our trip this November (we were told to wait until the end, because if we bought them at the beginning, it would screw with our ADRs).

I know with a regular DVC AP I was told to upgrade to the 2park ticket, I would have to pay the difference between DVC AP & AP, then upgrade to the Premier Passport.

This just confused me even more. Is this a yes? They will take our 8 day park admission and apply it toward the purchase of an annual pass, which as we're DVC members, now would be applied to the discounted premium annual pass?

Disney Goof
09-13-2012, 12:36 PM
I am not familiar with Annual Passes or Premium Annual Passes.

Do you have 365 days of use from the time of your first use of the pass? So if we would buy this Premium Pass when we go in November 2012, could we use the pass until Dec 2013 or just until the corresponding start date in November 2013?

DizneyFreak2002
09-13-2012, 01:01 PM
I am not familiar with Annual Passes or Premium Annual Passes.

Do you have 365 days of use from the time of your first use of the pass? So if we would buy this Premium Pass when we go in November 2012, could we use the pass until Dec 2013 or just until the corresponding start date in November 2013?

When you purchase an AP, the ticket becomes valid on day of first use.. So, say you bought the AP today, September 13, 2012 but you didn't cash in the voucher until November 13, 2012... Your ticket is good until November 13, 2013, in which time you'd have to renew your pass...

Under this deal, as a DVC member, you can purchase a Premium AP for $399 any time between October 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012... You can cash in the voucher any time after purchase as long as it is before December 31, 2013... So, let's say you purchased the PAP under this deal on October 13, 2012... You have until December 31, 2013 to cash it in, thus activating your ticket... If you cash in the voucher on November 13, 2013, then your pass is good until November 13, 2014...

DizneyFreak2002
09-13-2012, 01:03 PM
I want to know the answer to this, too. We're going in November for 8 days, going back in April for four, and then again next fall for 8 days. We were going to buy Annual Passes at the end of our trip this November (we were told to wait until the end, because if we bought them at the beginning, it would screw with our ADRs).

This just confused me even more. Is this a yes? They will take our 8 day park admission and apply it toward the purchase of an annual pass, which as we're DVC members, now would be applied to the discounted premium annual pass?

Your best bet, AZ, is to contact member services and ask them directly... I was always under the impression that if you purchased regular park tickets then decided to upgrade to an AP, the price you paid for the park tickets would be applied to the price of the AP.. You'd then have to pay the difference...

And I never heard of a ticket affecting your ADRs... Your ADRs aren't tied to your tickets... They are tied to your name and vacation reservation...

azcavalier
09-13-2012, 01:39 PM
And I never heard of a ticket affecting your ADRs... Your ADRs aren't tied to your tickets... They are tied to your name and vacation reservation...

Someone on a different thread said that they had upgraded to the AP on the first day of their vacation, and for some reason that messed with (removed) their ADRs. I know that doesn't seem like it would, as they're not tied together. But then someone else confirmed this happened to them as well, and someone else even said that they were told by the CM when they inquired about upgrading to do it at the end of their vacations, because it may affect their ADRs.

So, we were just not going to risk it, as we wouldn't use the AP for this trip anyway (it's already paid for). We'll upgrade on the last day, and then activate it either in April or next November. Sweet!

VWL Mom
09-13-2012, 02:22 PM

It was a yes, I was referring to your question about upgrading to the 2 park ticket from an AP. Your credit towards that would only be $399 not the value of a full PAP>

So, we were just not going to risk it, as we wouldn't use the AP for this trip anyway (it's already paid for). We'll upgrade on the last day, and then activate it either in April or next November. Sweet!

If you're upgrading your ticket your PAP date will be the first day of your original MYW ticket. You could buy a new PAP and activate that in April.

DizneyFreak2002
09-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Someone on a different thread said that they had upgraded to the AP on the first day of their vacation, and for some reason that messed with (removed) their ADRs. I know that doesn't seem like it would, as they're not tied together. But then someone else confirmed this happened to them as well, and someone else even said that they were told by the CM when they inquired about upgrading to do it at the end of their vacations, because it may affect their ADRs.

Sounds like a computer glitch... Just have your ADR reservation number... That is all the proof you need...

TinkerbellT421
09-13-2012, 05:35 PM
DBF and I had four day park hours, first day of our trip we went straight to guest services in Epcot and upgraded to AP. the price of the worth of the four day park hoppers was applied to the cost of the AP, we had to pay the difference. Tickets are not connected to your ADR's what's so ever, so have no effect, at all, on dinning reservations. The only hiccup is if you already have tickets attached to your KTTW card, then you cannot upgrade to a AP, the park tickets have to be separate.

CosmicRay
09-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Such great news, we were debating to renew our AP's and this seals the deal! Our kids are going to love the extra perks!

tjstrike
09-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Anybody know if this is going to be a permanent offer or just a one time deal ?

DizneyFreak2002
09-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Anybody know if this is going to be a permanent offer or just a one time deal ?

One time deal, for now... No one knows if they will offer this ever again...

magicofdisney
09-16-2012, 07:14 PM
DBF and I had four day park hours, first day of our trip we went straight to guest services in Epcot and upgraded to AP. the price of the worth of the four day park hoppers was applied to the cost of the AP, we had to pay the difference. Tickets are not connected to your ADR's what's so ever, so have no effect, at all, on dinning reservations. The only hiccup is if you already have tickets attached to your KTTW card, then you cannot upgrade to a AP, the park tickets have to be separate.
Just last week I upgraded a 2day ticket on a KTTW card to an AP. And that wasn't the first time I've done this. However, we had used all our dining credits at the time of upgrade. Maybe that's the difference.

BluegrassDaisy
09-17-2012, 04:09 PM
I think this has been asked/answered, but just to make sure I understand: I am heading to WDW on 9/28 I have already purchased our 7 day PH passes; We have 2 trips planned for next year, one in February the other in October. I had planned to buy AP's before the trip in February - but now it looks like I will buy now. My question is this: will I be able to upgrade my 7 day PH at the end of the Octobcer trip? And if so, can I wait until February to begin using the AP? Therefore making it good for all of 2013?? Thanks in Advance:mickey:

VWL Mom
09-17-2012, 04:39 PM
I think this has been asked/answered, but just to make sure I understand: I am heading to WDW on 9/28 I have already purchased our 7 day PH passes; We have 2 trips planned for next year, one in February the other in October. I had planned to buy AP's before the trip in February - but now it looks like I will buy now. My question is this: will I be able to upgrade my 7 day PH at the end of the Octobcer trip? And if so, can I wait until February to begin using the AP? Therefore making it good for all of 2013?? Thanks in Advance:mickey:

When upgrading a PH, the AP will have an activation date of the first day the PH was used which in your case will be 9/28/12. The expiration date will be 9/28/13.

If you want to take advantage of the PAP promotion you could order a PAP voucher between Oct 1 and Dec 31,2012 and then activate it during your February 2013 trip, the expiration would be the following February 2014.

BluegrassDaisy
09-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Thanks Lynn - that makes perfect sense.

Yo Mickey!
09-17-2012, 08:28 PM
hypothetical question. we are going in oct under our current AP's but going back in dec for another week or so and plan to get the PAP's. those will only be good until next dec. 1 or so (first day of our trip). can i buy two sets and redeem the other set in dec. of 2013?

guessing not but this is a pretty great deal for us as we generally hit the waterparks a day each visit.

VWL Mom
09-18-2012, 07:34 AM
hypothetical question. we are going in oct under our current AP's but going back in dec for another week or so and plan to get the PAP's. those will only be good until next dec. 1 or so (first day of our trip). can i buy two sets and redeem the other set in dec. of 2013?

guessing not but this is a pretty great deal for us as we generally hit the waterparks a day each visit.

Interesting, in my head I'm thinking yes but am not positive. My pass doesn't expire until February but I can buy the voucher during the promo. If you buy the new pass in December and then order a voucher when you return home (prior to years end) wouldn't that be the same?

DH's current pass expires during our November trip and he will be getting the PAP. Now I'm wondering if he can get another one for November 2013. I'm sure there will be a list of restrictions will be available October 1st.

fanofdisney
09-18-2012, 06:24 PM
This is very exciting! I am looking forward to more surprises/perks :party:

mikmin
09-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Question I have is when you renew this pass when the year is up, how much is it going to cost you. This is a great deal but I'm curious on the renewal cost.

faline
09-28-2012, 01:05 PM
Question I have is when you renew this pass when the year is up, how much is it going to cost you. This is a great deal but I'm curious on the renewal cost.

I would imagine the renewal cost would be the regular renewal cost. Typically, though, I let my annual passes lapse as there are usually several months before my last use/expiration and my next trip so I usually buy a new annual pass several months after my last one has expired. This time, I will likely take advantage of the new discount offer and put the vouchers away until next year which will be well after my current passes have expired.

disneymom15
10-01-2012, 09:15 PM
I would imagine the renewal cost would be the regular renewal cost. Typically, though, I let my annual passes lapse as there are usually several months before my last use/expiration and my next trip so I usually buy a new annual pass several months after my last one has expired. This time, I will likely take advantage of the new discount offer and put the vouchers away until next year which will be well after my current passes have expired.

This is what I'm planning on doing. My AP expires the end of Nov, our first trip in 2013 will be in March. Going to order the voucher and save it til March to activate.

Christine
10-13-2012, 07:21 AM
Fabulous! My AP expired 10-11-12 so yesterday I purchased my PAP with this DVC discount! $424.90 with tax, and 20% discount on merchandise is indeed confirmed (used it to buy a pin! :) )

This is a huge savings & I am a happy DVD member!!!

TinkerbellT421
10-13-2012, 10:13 AM
DBF and I have our passes that expire in January we also are planning on letting them expire and purchase the new voucher and then go in December to activate :)

DizneyFreak2002
11-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Just curious, has anyone purchased the Premium AP under this discount yet?

TinkerbellT421
11-16-2012, 03:45 PM

Not yet for me. Planning on it. You curious about how it goes, or looking for some info in general?

VWL Mom
11-16-2012, 03:55 PM

We bought ours in October and will be activating them in June.

Christine
11-16-2012, 05:21 PM

Yep!

DizneyFreak2002
11-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Not yet for me. Planning on it. You curious about how it goes, or looking for some info in general?

Just wondering how many DVC members are taking advantage of this offer... If we take advantage of offers such as these, and this is successful, maybe more offers would be forthcoming...

DebK
11-17-2012, 07:19 AM
We bought ours at the end of October and activated them 11/8. I forgot about the 20% discount on merchandise instead of the 10% one gets with the regular AP. So it is an even better deal for me and all of the shopping I like to do!

azcavalier
11-20-2012, 10:20 AM
We were just at WDW this past week. We already had paid for our trip and had all of our ADRs booked when the huge discount was announced. We were told to wait until the end of our trip, as converting our package to annual passes would mess with the ADRs. So, on Saturday after the last meal, we went to Guest Service and upgraded. With the DVC discount and them applying what we had already paid for our trip, the grand total per person was....

$46.86.

Yep. We just got the Premier Annual Pass for less than $50 since we had already paid for a week in the parks. We had already planned a trip in April, and we always come back in the fall, so we could get two trips out of these passes. Even if we just use them the one time, that's a *cheap* trip. With these APs and using DVC points for our room, round trip flights for both of us bought this morning for $400 total...April is shaping up to be a really inexpensive Disney vacation.

JMTStone
11-20-2012, 12:00 PM
$46.86.

Yep. We just got the Premier Annual Pass for less than $50 since we had already paid for a week in the parks. We had already planned a trip in April, and we always come back in the fall, so we could get two trips out of these passes. Even if we just use them the one time, that's a *cheap* trip. With these APs and using DVC points for our room, round trip flights for both of us bought this morning for $400 total...April is shaping up to be a really inexpensive Disney vacation.

You Are My Hero

Yo Mickey!
11-23-2012, 01:48 PM
quick question:

do i need to order these ahead of time or can i just get them upon our first entry into a park? or can i buy them at beach club? do i need to show my dvc card?

thanks for the help!

DizneyFreak2002
11-23-2012, 02:34 PM
quick question:

do i need to order these ahead of time or can i just get them upon our first entry into a park? or can i buy them at beach club? do i need to show my dvc card?

thanks for the help!

You'll have to show your DVC member card to prove you are a DVC member... You can always buy your tickets ahead of time... I'm not sure if they are selling APs a the resorts anymore, someone else can come here and verify that....

VWL Mom
11-23-2012, 03:11 PM
quick question:

thanks for the help!

Not sure when you'll be traveling but these need to be purchased before Dec 31 2012 and can either be done in advance, DTD guest services, or at a park. I was told that DVC AP's cannot be purchased at the resorts. You will need your DVC card and a photo ID for each adult.

faline
11-23-2012, 04:26 PM
We bought ours at Guest Relations in Downtown Disney while we were there in October. We did have to show our DVC member cards to get the special rate.

TinkerbellT421
11-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Just to clarify. If we purchase these ap's while we are there, we don't need to officially activate them until December 2013 right?

azcavalier
11-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Just to clarify. If we purchase these ap's while we are there, we don't need to officially activate them until December 2013 right?

It depends. Since we applied the money that we had already spent for the vacation we were on, they were obviously activated retroactively to the first day of our vacation. If you're just paying straight up cash for them, I think you're OK holding on until you want to activate them next year.

DizneyFreak2002
11-23-2012, 11:38 PM

You better check that... I say that only because my friend bought his AP at Guest Relations one year and the ticket was activated the day he purchased it... We thought the ticket is only activated after first use, but that wasn't the case in his situation... I know the AP activates the day you cash in your voucher if you purchase online, not the day you actually purchase... But in person, I don't know... Better to be safe than sorry and ask Guest Relations...

VWL Mom
11-23-2012, 11:55 PM

As DF2002 said, I would double check. I believe if you are purchasing it at the window they will issue your AP with the date of purchase date as the activation date. If you want to hold on to them to activate next year I think you need to order a voucher from MS.

DizneyRox
11-24-2012, 06:58 AM
As DF2002 said, I would double check. I believe if you are purchasing it at the window they will issue your AP with the date of purchase date as the activation date. If you want to hold on to them to activate next year I think you need to order a voucher from MS.
True... I tried this years ago and was told they do not sell vouchers at the ticket windows.

TinkerbellT421
11-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Thank you guys!! so...

I think DBF wants to wait and purchase it online after we return then.

So if we order online, or over phone? We get a voucher, which we don't need to activate until the expire date of December 2013. Do I have that right?

DizneyFreak2002
11-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Thank you guys!! so...

I think DBF wants to wait and purchase it online after we return then.

So if we order online, or over phone? We get a voucher, which we don't need to activate until the expire date of December 2013. Do I have that right?

The voucher has to be redeemed prior to December 31, 2013... So, if you order now, you have until the end of next year to redeem it, which will then activate the pass...

faline
11-24-2012, 04:30 PM
We already have active annual passes which expire next month. When we were there in October, we purchased vouchers at the Guest Relations Window at Downtown Disney. We do not plan to activate these until next year some time. The cast member at the Guest Relations window was well aware of the promotion being offered to vacation club members. In fact, she spent a considerable amount of time explaining the special deal and the savings to a couple of gentlemen in line in front of us. They declined to take advantage of the offer and walked away without making any purchase.

What we received are two cards that look just like regular annual passes. On the back, however, it says "Premium Annual DVC Exchange Certificate - Must redeem by 12/31/13"

Yo Mickey!
11-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Not sure when you'll be traveling but these need to be purchased before Dec 31 2012 and can either be done in advance, DTD guest services, or at a park. I was told that DVC AP's cannot be purchased at the resorts. You will need your DVC card and a photo ID for each adult.

okay, another follow up question. we are headed down nov. 30 for 8 days at bcv. i have my dvc card but my wife cannot find hers. do we need to get her a new card (not even sure where but I will call dvc in the morning) or can she just show her ID for me to buy her a premium AP at the international gate at epcot?

DizneyRox
11-24-2012, 07:44 PM
You'll only need one Membership card, provided you both live at the same address.

Yo Mickey!
11-24-2012, 09:52 PM

You'll only need one Membership card, provided you both live at the same address.

thanks for the info!

TinkerbellT421
11-25-2012, 02:14 PM
We already have active annual passes which expire next month. When we were there in October, we purchased vouchers at the Guest Relations Window at Downtown Disney. We do not plan to activate these until next year some time. The cast member at the Guest Relations window was well aware of the promotion being offered to vacation club members. In fact, she spent a considerable amount of time explaining the special deal and the savings to a couple of gentlemen in line in front of us. They declined to take advantage of the offer and walked away without making any purchase.

What we received are two cards that look just like regular annual passes. On the back, however, it says "Premium Annual DVC Exchange Certificate - Must redeem by 12/31/13"

Okay, so, we CAN buy the "voucher" in person, without activating it? Cause we too have already active annual passes that don't expire until January.

faline
11-25-2012, 02:30 PM
okay, another follow up question. we are headed down nov. 30 for 8 days at bcv. i have my dvc card but my wife cannot find hers. do we need to get her a new card (not even sure where but I will call dvc in the morning) or can she just show her ID for me to buy her a premium AP at the international gate at epcot?

You can get a replacement card at the DVC Preview Center at Saratoga Springs. My husband's card was in poor shape so we replaced it during our last trip - took all of 5 minutes (Of course, it was easy to pop in since we were staying at Saratoga Springs).

faline
11-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Okay, so, we CAN buy the "voucher" in person, without activating it? Cause we too have already active annual passes that don't expire until January.

Yes. Just be sure to let the cast member know you want to buy the Vouchers under the current DVC promotion and do not want passes that are activated!

TinkerbellT421
11-25-2012, 07:35 PM
Yes. Just be sure to let the cast member know you want to buy the Vouchers under the current DVC promotion and do not want passes that are activated!

Excellent! Thanks!!

DizneyFreak2002
12-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Glad I didn't get suckered into this deal... Starting January 1, all Premium Passholder and Premiere Passholder discounts on merchandise will be reduced from 20% to 10%...

faline
12-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Glad I didn't get suckered into this deal... Starting January 1, all Premium Passholder and Premiere Passholder discounts on merchandise will be reduced from 20% to 10%...

Even with this change, the discount in the ticket price alone was well worth taking advantage of the offer. I don't at all feel I've been "suckered" in any way. Besides, I don't buy all that much Disney merchandise during my visits any more.

Trev&Ev Mom
12-29-2012, 06:45 AM
If this has been asked, sorry for the repeat...

We live in NY and wont be down at WDW until Feb. Can I order the PAP online or thru DVC? I can go to a Disney Store if necessary, but not sure if they sell park tickets anymore.

Hopefully I can do it either online or by calling DVC and will order them today!!

VWL Mom
12-29-2012, 07:38 AM
If this has been asked, sorry for the repeat...

We live in NY and wont be down at WDW until Feb. Can I order the PAP online or thru DVC? I can go to a Disney Store if necessary, but not sure if they sell park tickets anymore.

Hopefully I can do it either online or by calling DVC and will order them today!!

It can be ordered through MS and they will mail the voucher to you, no problem.

Trev&Ev Mom
12-29-2012, 07:39 AM
Yay!! I will call them this morning!

Trev&Ev Mom
12-29-2012, 07:41 AM
Oh, one more question...

Is there a discounted DVC PAP child rate for children under 10?

VWL Mom
12-29-2012, 07:54 AM
I believe the rate is the same for adult or child.

Trev&Ev Mom
12-29-2012, 08:18 AM
Thank you!! Either way, still a great deal!

Trev&Ev Mom
01-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Did anyone who did this get an actual voucher? When I called MS, they gave me a reservation number and said they would be waiting for us at will call whenever we arrive.

VWL Mom
01-01-2013, 07:00 PM
I did get a voucher but I think it depends on the MS CM you talk to. Last year when I renewed my AP they just gave me the confirmation number. I took it guest relations and didn't have a problem.

faline
01-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Did anyone who did this get an actual voucher? When I called MS, they gave me a reservation number and said they would be waiting for us at will call whenever we arrive.

We got vouchers but we bought in person when we were there at the end of October.

MarkC
01-02-2013, 11:45 AM
I called and just got a reservation number. However, I just got them and we are leaving on Janauary 25th so they may have been concerned about the time.

We have ordered them this way in the past, and no problem going to any guest services location to pick them up. I have our reservation number but I'd be surprised if that was a necessity.

I will say, this deal made the difference for us in deciding whether or not to vacation at Disney this year. We had already booked for Orlando but thought about doing other things. However, there are so many restaurants DW and I enjoy we decided to spring for the passes. That also means we'll probably do a 2nd trip later this year or next January before they expire.

zeller
01-08-2013, 01:44 PM
I totally missed this!

Anyone know if this will be returning?

David

DizneyFreak2002
01-08-2013, 10:20 PM
I totally missed this!

Anyone know if this will be returning?

David

Cannot tell ya if something like this will be returning... if sales continue to lag and DVC members continue to leave property, or selling off their ownership, then possibly...

dmallan
01-09-2013, 07:04 PM
I just received a survey from DVC and the questions were all about my purchase of the discounted PAP. The last question was if this discount is offered to DVC in 2013/2014 would I take advantage of the offer?
So, sounds like they are accessing things at this point.

tomatoe pie
01-29-2013, 11:37 AM
i did take advantage of that great offer. i think dvc owners deserve that. after all we are the people who come to disney all yr and every yr and support disney by spending our money there instead of some other vacation area.

i love that offer. i usually buy 4 aps a yr and would do it again in a minute. :thumbsup: thank you.

do you think they will make that offer again this yr?

ANG
05-16-2013, 08:24 AM
REALLY REALLY hoping they offer this again. We've never had 2 trips so close together to need an AP.

MyDisneyworld
05-16-2013, 08:54 AM
We are also hoping this comes back soon. We are going in Sept and would also like to go for spring break and august next year so it would work out perfect. 3 trips on one pass equals huge savings and would love the bonus of the premium pass.

fanofdisney
05-16-2013, 12:16 PM
This would be good news!!! Anyone have any speculation on whether this might happen or not? If so do you think they will wait until Sept to announce it?

ANG
05-16-2013, 02:59 PM
I JUST called and they said the current price is $452.63.

Isn't that an awesome savings too?

fanofdisney
05-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Thanks for calling. I checked the web site but they don't post it, I wonder why?
What is the regular price?

ANG
05-16-2013, 08:08 PM
For a non DVC AP:

Annual Pass
1 x Ages 10+ ($574.00/pass)
$574.00
Tax
$37.31
Subtotal
$611.31 USD

tjstrike
05-18-2013, 09:14 AM
For a non DVC AP:

Annual Pass
1 x Ages 10+ ($574.00/pass)
$574.00
Tax
$37.31
Subtotal
$611.31 USD

That price is for a regular annual pass, not premium. I think the premium is around $700.

ANG
05-18-2013, 09:50 AM
That price is for a regular annual pass, not premium. I think the premium is around $700.

Correct