PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP and ride lines?

disneynarula
09-12-2012, 04:32 AM
How are the lines for the rides during the MNNSHP? We only have one day to spend with my MIL at disney and we were thinking about buying tickets for the MNSSHP instead of a park ticket for the day. We would see Hallowishes and the parade but not do the other events like the trick or treating. Mostly we would just be riding on the rides.

Strmchsr
09-12-2012, 07:46 AM
I think it depends on the night. I've been to some parties where many of the rides were walk-on, but the party I went to in 2011 in Sept had 20-30 min lines. Honestly, the party has gotten so expensive there's no way it's worth the extra money just for rides. If you're not into the whole experience I'd skip it.

Melanie
09-12-2012, 08:04 AM
Wish the character lines were as short as the ride lines. :unsure:

That said, I doubt I'd go to the party just for the rides. Like Chris said, it can be unpredictable. I certainly wouldn't do that if you are thinking about a weekend party.

lawgirl
09-12-2012, 09:20 AM
How are the lines for the rides during the MNNSHP? We only have one day to spend with my MIL at disney and we were thinking about buying tickets for the MNSSHP instead of a park ticket for the day. We would see Hallowishes and the parade but not do the other events like the trick or treating. Mostly we would just be riding on the rides.

I don't really like trick or treating either. But I loved going during the MNSSHP. It was just fun to be able to get dressed up and the atmosphere felt so much more festive. I went in Sept last year, and while it was more crowded than I expected, I still thought it was way better than going on a non-party night. While the ticket is expensive, if you go from 4pm-12am, that's a full 8 hours, which in my mind $60 a person for 8 hours at MK isn't really alot of money, in light of buying one park ticket. Of course, if you look at buying the 10 day pass with no expiration, I know it gets the days down cheaper, but $600 is alot spend at one time! So we are definitely going this year, not for the trick or treat but mostly for the parades, fireworks, and rides.

But I guess its really just a matter of opinion!

disneynarula
09-12-2012, 12:16 PM
The only thing we were really going to skip out on is the trick or treating. The decorations for the party look really awesome. My thought was that if we went in at four we would have a decent amount of time in the park. (As the pp pointed out)

We are going to the next week to Disney for a whole week with DH's stepmother. My MIL is joining us for the week before and we had not planned on WDW.

My MIL wanted to experience Disney with the kids and this looks like the least expensive option. Magic Kingdom would close early that day anyway. If we bought a one day hopper for that day we would only have eight hours in the park anyway.

I wish there was a way to add some days to our Magic Your Way Package before we check in. We only bought eight day hoppers and it would be so inexpesive to add two more days.

Strmchsr
09-12-2012, 12:53 PM
I wish there was a way to add some days to our Magic Your Way Package before we check in. We only bought eight day hoppers and it would be so inexpesive to add two more days.

You can. Your park hopper tickets aren't tied specifically to the number of nights you're staying. I can't remember exactly how to do it, but I think you can go to Guest Relations at one of the parks and have them add the extra days and pick up your tickets right then, even before your check in for your package.

awaggett
09-12-2012, 01:56 PM
I've gone both to the Halloween and Christmas parties, primarily for the rides. Both occasions were week nights and I was in Orlando for work. It was a great option (at the time it was $50 or so) for 8 hours in the park (I could really only go at night anyway--just snuck away from office early). I was able to ride everything I wanted (some more than once); eat dinner, see the fireworks and the late parade. It was definitely worth it for me.

joonyer
09-12-2012, 02:41 PM
During the parades the rides are almost all walk-on, no wait at all. There are two parades so you can miss one and ride during that "prime time". The later it gets, the shorter the lines get.

DisneyFr33k
09-12-2012, 02:46 PM
During the parades the rides are almost all walk-on, no wait at all. There are two parades so you can miss one and ride during that "prime time". The later it gets, the shorter the lines get.

:ditto: That was our experience. Big Thunder Mtn -- over, and over, and over again.... it was sooooo much fun!! :coaster:

BowTie7
09-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Last night (9/11/2012) lines were very short to none at all. Just remember that a few of the rides don't stay open for the party, so be sure to see them before the park offically closes for the day at 7:00pm.

lawgirl
09-12-2012, 06:23 PM
I've gone both to the Halloween and Christmas parties, primarily for the rides. Both occasions were week nights and I was in Orlando for work. It was a great option (at the time it was $50 or so) for 8 hours in the park (I could really only go at night anyway--just snuck away from office early). I was able to ride everything I wanted (some more than once); eat dinner, see the fireworks and the late parade. It was definitely worth it for me.

My thoughts exactly!

lawgirl
09-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Last night (9/11/2012) lines were very short to none at all. Just remember that a few of the rides don't stay open for the party, so be sure to see them before the park offically closes for the day at 7:00pm.

I haven't really researched too much. Do you know offhand which attractions / rides close at 7?

kbean
09-13-2012, 07:19 AM
There's a list on Disney's site that says which ones are closed. Usually rides that require a lot of CMs and audience to function. Jungle Cruise and Monsters Inc closed when I went two yrs ago.

lawgirl
09-13-2012, 09:14 AM
There's a list on Disney's site that says which ones are closed. Usually rides that require a lot of CMs and audience to function. Jungle Cruise and Monsters Inc closed when I went two yrs ago.

Ok, I'll just chalk it up to having a 3 MO and little to no sleep most of the time....but where is that list on the website? I'm usually alot better at researching and finding information like this, but Im stumped, and I'm sure its staring me in the face. Please Help!

JMTStone
09-13-2012, 09:29 AM

As it gets later, the lines get shorter. We're going on a Thursday night instead of a Friday night. I'm sure that makes a difference as well.

Strmchsr
09-13-2012, 10:06 AM
We're going on a Thursday night instead of a Friday night. I'm sure that makes a difference as well.

It does make a big difference which night you go on. But, sometimes you never know. I hit a Tuesday night party once that was jam packed. No idea why. So, it seems hit and miss. Some nights are great, some nights are packed.

joonyer
09-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Ok, I'll just chalk it up to having a 3 MO and little to no sleep most of the time....but where is that list on the website? I'm usually alot better at researching and finding information like this, but Im stumped, and I'm sure its staring me in the face. Please Help!

Here's the link to the event guide at the Disney website. It's a .pdf file, but you can zoom in to see which attraction are open in each Land.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/Media/InternetMediaType/Event/MickeysNotSoScaryHalloweenParty/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-2012.pdf

phlo8810
09-13-2012, 10:32 PM
We are going on Halloween! Can someone please tell me I'm not crazy for doing this. I know the kids will love it but I'm afraid of the crowds.

JMTStone
09-14-2012, 08:50 AM
Here's the link to the event guide at the Disney website. It's a .pdf file, but you can zoom in to see which attraction are open in each Land.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/Media/InternetMediaType/Event/MickeysNotSoScaryHalloweenParty/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-2012.pdf

You have made my inner-planner so very happy! Thank you!:cloud9:

disneynarula
09-15-2012, 04:01 AM
You can. Your park hopper tickets aren't tied specifically to the number of nights you're staying. I can't remember exactly how to do it, but I think you can go to Guest Relations at one of the parks and have them add the extra days and pick up your tickets right then, even before your check in for your package.

Guest Relations is where???? At any of the parks? At the resort where we will be staying? I would rather not pay to park.

That would we awesome. That way we could add two days on.

I am going to post my question in the vacation planning section and see if I get any help there. Thanks for letting me know. That is why I love intercot!

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-15-2012, 02:12 PM
You don't have to pay for parking, or do anything special.

When you're at the park, there is Guest Relations at the front of each. Simply go there and you can add on the extra days to your ticket. You don't have to do it before you check it, just before you use all of the days on your ticket, so you could add the extra days on the first day, or at a later point in the trip.

If you want to add to a package "early", there is a Guest Relations in DTD, where parking is free.

disneynarula
09-27-2012, 05:21 AM
We decided to do the MNNSHP. I bought the tickets last night. If we can do early pick up we will just tag on one day and take MIL to Epcot.

Any tips for how to tackle the party? We are going to skip the trick or treating and the character experiences. We want to see the parade and Hallowishes of course.

joonyer
09-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Plan on trying to ride the most popular rides during whichever parade you are not watching. Lines get short then and you can ride your favorite over and over. And it's worth getting a prime spot for Hallowishes. It's a fabulous fireworks show. Try to get somewhere in the middle of the MK to get the full effect of the "surround the park" portion of the fireworks.