PDA

View Full Version : Leftover cake??

disneykidsince1970
09-12-2012, 03:48 AM
hi guys - I am ordering a rockin' birthday cake for my sister's 40th. There is no way we will eat it all. The cake will be served at Citrico's and we are staying at BLT.

After dinner, we are headed straight to Jellyrolls...any ideas about how to get the remainder of the cake back to BLT w/o having to bring it ourselves before we go to Jellyrolls?

Will the GF do it perhaps? Also, there will be 14 of us and I had the thought to carve up the remaining cake, put into take-away containers and hand out to our 14 guests at the Grand Fla cafe brunch the following morning. Everyone will be driving abt 2 hours home from there. Do you think the restaurant will give me 10 to-go containers? Any other ideas?

thanks!!

buzznwoodysmom
09-12-2012, 02:39 PM
I've never heard of them delivering it back to your room after you eat off it. Not saying it can't be done, but I've never heard of it happening. We have ordered custom cakes twice and both times were given a take home container to transport it back to our resort, but we brought it back to our room ourself.

Kind of off topic, but when we stayed at BC and I ordered a cake for me and DH's anniversary dinner at Yachtman's steakhouse, we had an odd experience with our cake later in our trip. I took the leftover cake to our room and we had cake for breakfast a few mornings. The kids might have had a piece for a snack once or twice, but we still had about half the cake left when we moved from BC to the Poly several days later. We left the cake intentionally, we didn't feel like worrying about it going bad if it had to sit in the car for a while if our room at the Poly wasn't ready. The cake had a fresh strawberries and custard filling that had to be refrigerated. Anyway we ended up forgetting a few things in the nightstand drawer. About an hour after we left the room we returned and our room key still worked. When we entered the room we saw the cake on the counter above the refrigerator. I knew I didn't take it out, neither did DH. When I opened the box, almost the entire cake was gone, and it was very apparent someone had been eating it (dirty plastic for in the box, crumbs on the counter). The kids said they didn't eat it, and neither DH or myself saw them messing with it. I'm convinced housekeeping was munching on our cake thinking we were gone for good. Imagine if we had forgotten the cake and had come back for it! We hadn't "officially" checked out. Sure all our bags were gone, but we didn't call or go by the front desk to check out, and our key cards were still working. We had packed up the car, had a character breakfast, then we were going to check in at the Poly. I was shocked!

If you want to keep that cake you better make sure you don't forget to take it with you when you check out. You might come back to an eaten cake! LOL.

AgentC
09-12-2012, 03:01 PM
My guess would be they would not deliver the remaining cake to BLT because it is not a resort they service for cake service.

We had our cake at 1900 Park Fare. They gave us the cake box to take the remaining cake back to our room. I didn't think to ask for a smaller container since we were at a buffet, but I would ask Citrico's. They must have them for regular leftovers, so it couldn't hurt to ask for them.

ElenitaB
09-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Service is good but not THAT good. One member of your party will have to get the cake back to BLT.

FYI — The Contemporary has its own "cake service" (I've ordered cake from the very talented Chef Brian more than once).

disneykidsince1970
09-13-2012, 12:02 PM
well... I was talking to Pat about the cake and told her how I wanted to be able to give it to guests in to-go containers after our brunch at Grand Fla Cafe the following morning. She checked with the bakery and they said they would store it overnight for us and bring it to our table at brunch and I could then carve it up and put it in the to-go containers for people to take home (most people are w/i a 2 hr driving distance and will leaving right after). And... we can have some for breakfast! YEA PAT!!

PERFECT SOLUTION!!

Fingers crossed that it all comes together this way!

btw - gross story about catching Mousekeeping chowing on your cake Denise! not surprised really but sheesh...wait until your key card doesn't work, huh? :)

AgentC
09-13-2012, 12:07 PM
That is awesome.

ElenitaB
09-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Nikki and Carolyn, that's fantastic! I love when a plan comes together!