PDA

View Full Version : POFQ buildings?

Gator
09-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Are there particular building at POFQ that are better than others? I know my kids will want to go to POR for their awesome water slide, but it still seems like a long walk from one of the north buildings. Let's gets some feedback!

mgmnut
09-11-2012, 02:02 PM
POFQ is such a small resort, no building really felt too far from anything if you ask me. We stayed a few years back in the building in the farthest right hand corner of the resort right along the river (building 1) and we loved it, it was nice and quiet.

I think you could always hop on the boat launch and take it to the next stop at POR to use the pool if the walk is too far. The POR Marina is right near the main pool I think.

Although I don't think the walk from Building 7 or 6 at POFQ and the pool at POR looks that bad looks like a straight shot right up along the river.

Capt_redshirt
09-11-2012, 02:27 PM
mgmnut is right PO:FQ is small and easy to get anywhere on that side of property... we were in building 3 and the longest walk on property was to get to the boat launch for DD. i will say this walking over to PO:R is a little bit of a hike but you can take a boat to that side easily..(just keep in mind at certain times of the day that line can be quite long)

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Yes, POFQ is small and easy to get around, but it most certainly can feel like quite the hike over to POR.

But, many of the busses will pick up at FQ first, and then head over to POR, so you can hitch a ride on the bus. To get back to FQ you can take the boat, take a DTD (which usually go to POR first) or walk.

It isn't far, but it is a bit of a walk.

Wolf
09-12-2012, 10:11 AM
This is very relevant to my interests as well! 16 days!!!

Kairi_7378
09-12-2012, 07:01 PM
My favorite building is 7. I think that is also the closest to POR.

buzznwoodysmom
09-12-2012, 08:01 PM
While POFQ is a very small resort, the walk to POR is a bit far. I see a few mentions of either taking the bus or boat to get to Riverside, but I'm wondering if that's always an option.

I say that because when we stayed at French Quarter in October of 2010 we never went to Riverside on the boat. The boat picked us up at FQ and went straight to DTD, not once did we pick up at Riverside after we got on at FQ. I'm not sure if the boat picked up at Riverside first, and that's why we never went there?

And we never once shared a bus with Riverside while we were there. If the resorts aren't sharing a bus to the parks then I'm not sure you could get there by bus. As far as I know there is no dedicated "internal" resort to resort bus that runs between the two resorts.

The one day my kids wanted to go swim at Riverside we drove there.

WDWCrazyKaren
09-17-2012, 09:25 AM
I would think it would depend on your family members mobility! My DH and I make that walk when we stay at FQ as we enjoy a quiet night at Boatwrights, or Piano Bob. We're certainly not as young as we used to be, but it never took us more than 10 minutes, and it's a beautiful walk. If you've got young, healthy, active kids, it would probably take even less time!