PDA

View Full Version : Need Ideas for home Disney Theme nights

disneysmiles
09-11-2012, 04:38 AM
We're planning a multi family trip for next October (2013). To make the time go a little faster and get people more involved in the planning, I want to host a Disney dinner/movie night once a month at my house.

The first time I plan on showing for the "movie" some of the Disney planning dvds I have and serving a buffet of Pop Century food court choices from the recipies I got off the web. Yes, I am attempting to make the tie die cheesecake! We will all be staying at Pop.

I am looking for some ideas for other nights. I will be doing each park for 4 more of the nights with a movie for a character in that park, but what to serve for food?

So I have themes for 5 of the nights, but need 7 more ideas...Has anyone done this or have any suggestions? We are 10 people right now with possibly another 8 who will tell me for sure after the holidays.

Elias1901
09-11-2012, 05:15 AM
I am looking for some ideas for other nights. I will be doing each park for 4 more of the nights with a movie for a character in that park, but what to serve for food?

Look into purchasing a cook book (online) my mom purchased at WDW many years ago called, "Cooking with Mickey and the Disney Chefs". It is an excellent overview of many favorite dishes from a wide array of WDW restaurants.

Some of my favorites are the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup from Le Cellier, Cob Salad from the Hollywood Brown Derby and Cheddar Breakfast Potatoes from the Crystal Palace. AWESOME BOOK! PERIOD. Now I am hungry, I'm going to cook something from it right now at... 3:15 AM. :cool:

Jillirose
09-11-2012, 07:09 AM
I saw a Dole Whip recipe on pinterest :)

brownie
09-11-2012, 07:19 AM
We used to do themed dinners when Disney animated movies were released on VHS/DVD. We'd have foods related to the movie and a themed cake. You could show movies related to attractions and theme a dinner around the movie.

For example, for Lilo & Stitch we made the Cocount Almond Chicken from the Polynesian (we have a couple recipe books with recipes for popular items from the parks) and a cake decorated with and island and Lilo & Stitch surfing on it.

TinkerbellT421
09-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Could do food choices based on the movies like Brownie suggested.

I.E. Lady and the Tramp can do an Italian type dinner with spaghetti and meatballs.

Princess and the Frog could do a cajun type style dinner

Those are the two I came up with right now but if you like this idea I could think of a few others. :mickey:

Great idea! And can always play a game too like the Disney version of Scene It!

dobby2010
09-11-2012, 08:33 AM
In honor of the new fantasyland expansion how about a beauty an the beast night with French food?

You could also find episodes of sitcoms filmed at wdw or dl and show those. I know modern family did a really cute episode last season.

SBETigg
09-11-2012, 12:31 PM
You can find the cheddar cheese soup from Le Cellier online, and maybe a recipe for pretzel bread? Do one night for each of the World Showcase countries maybe and try to find a movie that fits with each somehow. You can find lots of Disney recipes online now. You can also buy Disney cookbooks from the Disney Store online. I bought last year's Food and Wine cookbook from the Disney Store online because I forgot to pick one up while I was there.

disneysmiles
09-11-2012, 02:33 PM
All great ideas! Thank you!

Starting to make a running list now so feel free to keep them coming!

Mousemates
09-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Ratatouille seems to be a obvious option :thumbsup:

badkitty
09-11-2012, 06:49 PM
For Animal Kingdom, I would go for an African and Asian food theme. I would suggest seafood but Nemo might be offended. :secret:

Kenny1113
09-11-2012, 07:08 PM
You can find a lot of recipes from Boma online :thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
09-11-2012, 07:31 PM
You could do Mickey ice cream sundaes... scoops of ice cream with Oreos as the ears.

For Toy Story, you could do pizza (Pizza Planet).

For an Epcot themed party, you could serve caramel pop corn to tie in Germany, pizza (Italy), frozen dumplings/ egg rolls (China), gourmet fish sticks (England), tarts or special pasteries (France), gelato (Italy). (Maybe salmon cream cheese for Norway?) Play some Off Kilter or serve some Canadian beer to tie in Canada.

For Animal Kingdom, I'd BBQ some chicken and serve beans to represent Flame Tree BBQ.

For DHS, you could invite people to dress like they were walking the red carpet.