PDA

View Full Version : Who would be the best and worst at...

CosmicRay
09-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Who would be the best person you could think of and the worst person you could think of to be reading at the Candlelight processional. Not because of beliefs or background. Purely for their voice.

Best: James Earl Jones
Worst: Gilbert Godfrey

Dopey's Girl
09-11-2012, 12:00 AM
Best: Keith Morrison (The Dateline guy. I could listen to him read the phone book!)

Worst: Roseanne Barr. She has one of the most annoying voices on the planet. Not to mention she has a keen ability to be innapropriate.

missastrocat
09-11-2012, 12:16 AM
Best: Sean Connery
Worst: Kim Kardashian or anyone else in that family. I think Gilbert would be right up there too!

Great thread! Made the dh and me laugh!

Disney Hungarian
09-11-2012, 12:32 AM
I am undecided on best.
Worst: Fran Drescher

CajunDisneyDad
09-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Best: Walter Cronkite
Worst: Wallace Shaw (inconcieveable (sp))

TinkerbellT421
09-11-2012, 08:10 AM
Best: Denzel Washington (I love his voice!)
Worst: Fran Dresher (spelling?) Ugh her voice is like nails on a chalk board

Melanie
09-11-2012, 08:12 AM
I am undecided on best.

She was my first thought as well Sean.

So:

Best: Morgan Freeman

disneymom15
09-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Best- Tom Selleck
Worst- Rosanne Barr

Mousemates
09-11-2012, 10:25 AM
morgan freeman - best

gilbert gottfried - worst

JROriole8Fan
09-11-2012, 11:50 AM
I think is the person who is last this year (and in the past) Marly Matson (sp?). She signs the entire time while her assistant speaks the part. She can speak as she has done so in many TV roles. I would love for her to speak the part. Who wants to hear her assistant, certainly not me or my family.

SBETigg
09-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Best: Sean Connery (provided he show up sober) oh or maybe Ewan McGregor.

Worst: Roseanne Barr, tied with Fran Drescher and Gilbert Gottfried maybe. For a new one, how about Larry the Cable Guy.

PopPhan
09-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Best: Patrick Stewart (Captain Jean Luc Picard / Professor Xavier [X-Men])

Worst: Gilbert Gottfried is one; Rosanne another good (bad?) choice

Just wish I was able to go and see the event this year, no matter who the orator was!

azcavalier
09-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Every time I thought of someone who would be worst, the next poster had already listed them. How about:

Best: The Movie Trailer Narrator Guy..."In a world where..."

Worst: Bobcat Goldthwait (the voice of Pain in Hercules)

DizHawk
09-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Best: David Tennant, Patrick Stewart, or Samuel L. Jackson.
Worst: Larry the Cable Guy, Fran Drescher, or Jean Hagen (as Lina Lamont)

Wolf
09-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Best: Patrick Stewart, Sean Connery, Norman Reedus, Andrew Lincoln, Morgan Freeman for sure!! Neil Patrick Harris and Nathan Fillion would be fun to hear too!

Worst:Shattner, Fran Dresher and Rosanne for sure and the guy who did Jar-Jar's voice (Dont hate the character just a odd voice lol) Oh! And Christian Bale in his Batman growley voice.

CosmicRay
09-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Best: Patrick Stewart, Sean Connery, Norman Reedus, Andrew Lincoln, Morgan Freeman for sure!! Neil Patrick Harris and Nathan Fillion would be fun to hear too!

Worst:Shattner, Fran Dresher and Rosanne for sure and the guy who did Jar-Jar's voice (Dont hate the character just a odd voice lol) Oh! And Christian Bale in his Batman growley voice.

Wolf, by your signature, and one of your favorite voices being Nathan Fillion and Neil Patrick Harris. I would have to guess that you are a Firefly fan/ Joss W. fan.

Gator
09-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Best: Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Tom Selleck, Jeff Bridges.

Worst: Sponge Bob Square Pants :thedolls:

azcavalier
09-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Wolf, by your signature, and one of your favorite voices being Nathan Fillion and Neil Patrick Harris. I would have to guess that you are a Firefly fan/ Joss W. fan.

Man, who isn't?

Gator
09-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Man, who isn't?

Count me in that group! Firefly is one of the top series of all time - and it only lasted 1 season.

Wolf
09-12-2012, 09:56 AM
CosmicRay, Gator and AZCavalier-Absolutely!! I got to meet Adam Baldwin earlier this year at a smaller convention. FIrefly is my all time fav show, they filmed a 10 year reunion thing at ComicCon this year and it is supposed to be on the science channel sometime in Nov. Dr Horrible will be aired on CW sometime in early Oct, I think the 8th. :blush: Forgive me while I get my GeekGirl on lol

dizneydeb22
09-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Best: Julie Andrews

Worst: Agree with all of the above!

DisneyDINK
09-12-2012, 11:20 AM
My Best: Michael Clarke Duncan (R.I.P.), Kathleen Turner, Patrick Warburton and Kate Mulgrew (Janeway).

My Worst: Keanu Reeves, Rosie Perez, David Schwimmer and Woody Allen

Bad choices I'd like: Christopher Walken, Tom Waits, Joe Peschi, Holly Madison (her diction is flawless, but...), Peter Murphy, Antonio Bandaras, Samantha Brown (she'll probably be there anyway; put her to work!),Jean Reno and Chris Rock

azcavalier
09-12-2012, 02:27 PM
My Best: Michael Clarke Duncan (R.I.P.), Kathleen Turner, Patrick Warburton and Kate Mulgrew (Janeway).

My Worst: Keanu Reeves, Rosie Perez, David Schwimmer and Woody Allen

Bad choices I'd like: Christopher Walken, Tom Waits, Joe Peschi, Holly Madison (her diction is flawless, but...), Peter Murphy, Antonio Bandaras, Samantha Brown (she'll probably be there anyway; put her to work!),Jean Reno and Chris Rock

Michael Clarke Duncan would have been fabulous. I think I would have liked Antonio Banderas as well. Or Salma Hayek. Love that accent.

MissMaryPoppins
09-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Julie Andrews is a great choice! I have to say, I'd pay to hear Joe Pesci do it, that would be so hilarious.

I'm going to go in a different direction with news people.

Best: Keith Olbermann. He has a great voice.

Worst: Nancy Grace. I can't stand the sound of her voice! Ugh!

Wolf
09-13-2012, 11:15 AM
[QUOTE=azcavalier;2301208]Michael Clarke Duncan would have been fabulous. QUOTE]

Ohh man I just imagined that and got chills!! What a fantastic actor with an amazing voice!! R.I.P. Sir, gone way too soon.. :(

darthmacho
09-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Best: Darth Vader

Worst: Jar Jar Binks

Wolf
09-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Best: Darth Vader

Worst: Jar Jar Binks

*high five*

CajunDisneyDad
09-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Man, who isn't?

Apparently not enough people to get it a second season :P (awwwww oh I;m sorry, too soon :)
J/K guys!

CajunDisneyDad
09-14-2012, 12:38 PM
since we are going sci-fi...

Best: Majel Barrett Roddenberry

Worse: Jabba the Hutt (ahhh, Mary mo bookie)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Best: James Earl Jones or Barry White (do we have to choose people still alive or can we name people we would have liked to have done it?)
Worst: I have to agree; Bobcat Goldthwait or Fran Drescher or Cindy Lauper.

Wolf
09-17-2012, 09:53 AM
Apparently not enough people to get it a second season :P (awwwww oh I;m sorry, too soon :)
J/K guys!

Excuse me while I go rally a horde of Browncoats to sign angry petitions in your name :cool:

MNNHFLTX
09-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Best: Gary Sinise (who I've always wanted to see but am never there at the right time!)

Worst: Nicki Minaj (I know I mentioned this in the American Idol Thread in the other forum, but I really, really can't stand her voice).

azcavalier
09-17-2012, 01:50 PM
J/K guys!

Hard to get people to watch it when:

1. You don't advertise it.
2. You don't give it a time slot for more than two weeks in a row.

I didn't even know the show existed until the movie came out.

I don't get Fox...they won't relinquish the rights to Firefly, but they don't want to do anything with them, either.

Wolf
09-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Hard to get people to watch it when:

1. You don't advertise it.
2. You don't give it a time slot for more than two weeks in a row.

I didn't even know the show existed until the movie came out.

I don't get Fox...they won't relinquish the rights to Firefly, but they don't want to do anything with them, either.

*hugs* I am on your team fellow Browncoat, once upon about a year ago, they asked Joss if he would add onto it and he said "No, that everyone was at different places than back then" but Fox is evil, I'm not argueing that fact at all. At Dragoncon a few years ago there was a guy in a suit that was all beat up looking and had a sign "I'm the Fox Exec that cancled Firefly" :blush: I wanted to join in on the beatings :)

RedSoxFan
09-17-2012, 03:25 PM
BEST: Al Michaels
WORST: Sarah Palin

CajunDisneyDad
09-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Excuse me while I go rally a horde of Browncoats to sign angry petitions in your name :cool:

Lol please understand I am with you guys. Seems sometimes networks cancel shows for no logical reason. I enjoyed firefly and the movie. I felt the same way when USA canceled The 4400... right when it was getting good...and didnt even attempt to tie up loose ends and all that.

DisneyDog
09-20-2012, 04:11 PM
Best: Seth MacFarland (that guy can do ANYTHING), Kelsey Grammar, Alec Baldwin, Kathleen Turner, Bill Clinton

Worst: Kinda hard to compete with any one the ones already named...although I found it ironic that the "rules" said it didn't matter about their religious beliefs, just their voices, yet most of the people named don't celebrate Christmas. Sigh. But, since we are heading in that direction, I will nominate Julie Kavner for worst possible choice.

azcavalier
09-21-2012, 09:52 AM
But, since we are heading in that direction, I will nominate Julie Kavner for worst possible choice.

Marge Simpson doing the Candlelight Processional. That's pretty good. Though, I think I would pay to see her, in Marge's voice, along with Dan Castellaneta doing Homer. That would be awesome. Not very reverent or awe inspiring, but awesome.

Wolf
09-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Lol please understand I am with you guys. Seems sometimes networks cancel shows for no logical reason. I enjoyed firefly and the movie. I felt the same way when USA canceled The 4400... right when it was getting good...and didnt even attempt to tie up loose ends and all that.

HBO did that with Carnivale...Broke my heart

ryca1dreams
09-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Best: Liam Neeson

Worst: Honey Boo-Boo

squijee
09-27-2012, 03:29 PM
If we are gonna dream about the best ever...how about Walt Disney?

Gator
10-03-2012, 07:02 PM
WORST: Sarah Palin

No way. She's pretty easy on the eyes. I could definitely look at her for 75 minutes.