PDA

View Full Version : Remind me again...

DisneyFr33k
09-10-2012, 11:38 AM
.....about the buses. How early do they run?
We need to be at MK for a tout by 8:15 on a day that it opens at 9am. Will the buses run from POP that early? We'd need to catch the bus by 7:30.

Ms. Mode
09-10-2012, 02:13 PM
They normally start running about an hour before the park in question opens. We went on the Backstage Magic tour a year ago and I just went to the front desk and told them we were on the tour the next day and asked about the bus running. WDW doesn't want you to miss your tour so you should be fine. Enjoy :)

Mfarquar
09-10-2012, 02:16 PM
If I'm recalling correctly, I have always known the buses to begin running 1 hour before park opening.

You may have to come up with an alternate plan - are there Extra Magic Morning Hours the day you are going? In the case, you would be all set.

DisneyFr33k
09-10-2012, 02:23 PM
They normally start running about an hour before the park in question opens. We went on the Backstage Magic tour a year ago and I just went to the front desk and told them we were on the tour the next day and asked about the bus running. WDW doesn't want you to miss your tour so you should be fine. Enjoy :)

If the park doesn't open until 9, but we have to be there no later than 8:15, what should we do? We're staying at Pop, so it is quite a long drive to the MK.

:confused:

Ms. Mode
09-10-2012, 02:47 PM
You don't need to worry, the bus will get you there on time. I'm sure you will have a central meeting place too, right? Just visit the front desk and let them know you are on a tour the night before. Actually, when we stayed at POP one year they let our daughter call the bus in...you really have nothing to worry about! :thumbsup:

Ms. Mode
09-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Also, there are people who have ADRs in the park restaurants well before park opening times and they go by bus...because the buses run early. :party:

SBETigg
09-10-2012, 02:55 PM
If you are really worried about the timing, you can grab a cab at the front desk, usually for under $20.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-10-2012, 03:08 PM
No need to worry. The busses do start running in time to get everyone to the early breakfast ADR's.

We have had many 8:05am ADR's at Crystal Palace, and haven't had an issue getting there via bus.

But, be at the bus stop earlier rather than later, in case you just missed a bus and have to wait a bit for the next one.

Gator
09-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Agreed with PP: be there early. If you miss the one bus running back in forth that early, you'll be pretty upset. Also, if you're still worried, just talk with the folks at the front desk of the hotel.

darthmacho
09-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Also, there are people who have ADRs in the park restaurants well before park opening times and they go by bus...because the buses run early. :party:

I was going to say the same thing. MK has early busses for early ADRs and tours. We also stayed at Pop, and when we had 8:10 ADRs at Crystal Palace, and later for Tusker House at AK, I had my family at the bus stop at 7, and soon enough a bus was there to scoop us up.

Nothing is ever a guarantee, but I think you can rest assured you will not have a problem getting to your tour on time.

On a side note, at first I thought you were going to be "touting" from the MK, lol. :mickey:

MickeysBestPal
09-10-2012, 05:16 PM
So much misinformation gets repeated about this.

Here is the real info:

The buses start running from the resorts to the parks every day of the year at about 6:30AM.

DisneyFr33k
09-10-2012, 06:02 PM
So much misinformation gets repeated about this.

Here is the real info:

The buses start running from the resorts to the parks every day of the year at about 6:30AM.

Great! Where do they post this info? It would save those worry-warts like me a lot of worry time!

MickeysBestPal
09-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Great! Where do they post this info? It would save those worry-warts like me a lot of worry time!

They don't post it.
What gets posted is the shopworn, "One hour before the park opens."

That info is simply wrong, but it gets repeated so often that it is taken by many as gospel.

The truth is, however, that the resort-to-park buses begin running every day at about 6:30AM.
These are often called "Breakfast Buses," as they are designed to get guests to early ADR's and such.

If MK's AM EMH begins VERY early (7AM, typically near major holiday events,) the buses will begin running even earlier than 6:30AM on those days.

DisneyFr33k
09-13-2012, 01:50 PM
They don't post it.

That info is simply wrong, but it gets repeated so often that it is taken by many as gospel.

The truth is, however, that the resort-to-park buses begin running every day at about 6:30AM.
These are often called "Breakfast Buses," as they are designed to get guests to early ADR's and such.

If MK's AM EMH begins VERY early (7AM, typically near major holiday events,) the buses will begin running even earlier than 6:30AM on those days.

That is so good to know!

Anyone ever catch the buses at 6:30?

Janmac
09-13-2012, 09:53 PM
On our April 2012 trip we had early - before the park opened - ADRs. We were at Port Orleans Riverside and had ADRs at each of the parks.

We left our room in time to be at the bus stop just before 7 am. A couple of days we waited until 7:20 for our bus to come, while busses for other parks came and went. Even the 7:20 bus got us to the park in plenty of time.

As for 6:30 am, I don't know - only 7 am. We saw all park busses.

If you call WDW-RIDE you can get maybe the most accurate information. CMs at resorts don't necessarily have accurate info.

Jan

CleveRocks
09-15-2012, 09:29 PM
They don't post it.

EXACTLY! I can't stand that "one hour before park opening" line, as it's simply untrue.

CleveRocks
09-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Anyone ever catch the buses at 6:30?
I've never caught one but I've seen LOTS of them.

Long story, but when staying in a theme park view room at Polynesian, I was directly across the lagoon from Magic Kingdom's bus area, and every morning I was out on my balcony reading. By roughly 6:45 a.m., I started seeing buses pouring into MK. I had my camera with my telephoto lens, and I could clearly see these were guests and not cast members.

Also, I should point out this was during a slow season when MK opened at 9 a.m.

CleveRocks
09-15-2012, 09:34 PM
If you call WDW-RIDE you can get maybe the most accurate information. CMs at resorts don't necessarily have accurate info.

In my opinion, the very very best way to get bus info is wait 'til you get to WDW and ask bus drivers. They're the only CMs who know all the facts about Disney Transport buses. Ask any ol' bus driver, they'll know.

But if you want THE most informed opinions, ask bus drivers you see in the morning ... job postings are bid on by seniority, and for the most part the mornings are the most sought-after posts and therefore the morning drivers tend to be the most experienced drivers.

Mfarquar
09-16-2012, 10:53 AM
In my opinion, the very very best way to get bus info is wait 'til you get to WDW and ask bus drivers. They're the only CMs who know all the facts about Disney Transport buses. Ask any ol' bus driver, they'll know.

But if you want THE most informed opinions, ask bus drivers you see in the morning ... job postings are bid on by seniority, and for the most part the mornings are the most sought-after posts and therefore the morning drivers tend to be the most experienced drivers.

That's cool - I didn't know that about the bus drivers' shifts. :)

DisneyFr33k
09-16-2012, 06:26 PM
:rocks: You guys are making me feel soooo much better!!