PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel Discounts?

Elias1901
09-10-2012, 03:56 AM
Can anyone advise me of any methods to find/acquire savings or discounts for stays at the Disneyland Hotel? I have heard some rumblings of guests finding ways to lower the room price, but I cannot seem to find anything myself.

BrerGnat
09-10-2012, 08:20 AM
Go in October, November, or early December, Jan, Feb, or early March.

They tend to run specials, although they are usually along the line of "Stay 3 nights, get 2 free."

AAA can get you a standard 10% discount on rooms. They can provide savings on packages as well.

If you have access to Costco, you can book through them for some savings, but it has to be a package deal.

You can purchase a DL annual pass, and be eligible for room discounts that way too (standard 10% all the time, but up to 35% during special offer periods).

If you know anyone in the U.S. military who wants to travel at the same time as you, military gets a 40% room discount and the service member can book up to 3 rooms in his/her name at a time.

Beyond that, I don't know of any other ways.

Elias1901
09-11-2012, 04:00 AM
Go in October, November, or early December, Jan, Feb, or early March.

They tend to run specials, although they are usually along the line of "Stay 3 nights, get 2 free."

Going next August (2013) and planning to stay 6 nights, so that may be a little too many days for discounts.

AAA can get you a standard 10% discount on rooms. They can provide savings on packages as well.

This may be possible but I will have to see if my friend's mother can use her AAA to acquire this as CAA is the Canadian version of AAA. Personally, I hold a CAA membership. Does Disney offer any discounts for CAA card holders? I heard that AAA and CAA are lopped into the same company/grouping.

If you have access to Costco, you can book through them for some savings, but it has to be a package deal.

We do have Costco stores in Canada, however I doubt they'd offer Disneyland discounts of any sort.

You can purchase a DL annual pass, and be eligible for room discounts that way too (standard 10% all the time, but up to 35% during special offer periods).

Again, another option here. The only problem with this would be my availability to travel to Disneyland enough times throughout the course of a year to make it worth the money. What other benefits does an annual pass bring?

If you know anyone in the U.S. military who wants to travel at the same time as you, military gets a 40% room discount and the service member can book up to 3 rooms in his/her name at a time.

Sadly, I know nobody in the U.S. military. :flag:

Beyond that, I don't know of any other ways.

Thanks for providing me with some info!!

BrerGnat
09-11-2012, 09:01 AM
August, don't expect ANY special offers on Disney's end. Summer is peak season there and they never offer resort or package deals at that time.

You would have to be a CAA member to take advantage of any sort of vacation discounts. Your friend's mother's membership wouldn't help unless she is going as well and can put the reservation in her name. CAA probably does offer package discounts, but it is through their own travel agency, not directly through Disney. You should look into that.

Also, same for Costco. Costco has a Travel department that does book discounted vacation packages. They do Disneyland over here, so you can look into it as well over there.

The AP would actually make sense (you only need to purchase ONE AP for the discount) IF you could get a really good discount. The hundreds of dollars you would save on a good hotel discount (30-40%) would more than justify the additional hundred fifty or so dollars that the AP will cost over a 5 day park hopper. Plus, AP holders get dining and shopping discounts in the parks and Downtown Disney as well, so you are looking at some very good savings over a 6 day period of time. However, in order to get an AP discounted room, you have to provide a valid AP number, which you don't get until you activate the AP, so not sure how that would work.

If nothing comes up, there are PLENTY of good hotels literally a stone's throw from DLR along Harbor Blvd and Katella in Anaheim. Search for "DIsneyland Good Neighbor" hotels to see which ones Disney themselves are affiliated with (in a partnership type situation).

Elias1901
09-11-2012, 04:13 PM
August, don't expect ANY special offers on Disney's end. Summer is peak season there and they never offer resort or package deals at that time.

You would have to be a CAA member to take advantage of any sort of vacation discounts. Your friend's mother's membership wouldn't help unless she is going as well and can put the reservation in her name. CAA probably does offer package discounts, but it is through their own travel agency, not directly through Disney. You should look into that.

Also, same for Costco. Costco has a Travel department that does book discounted vacation packages. They do Disneyland over here, so you can look into it as well over there.

The AP would actually make sense (you only need to purchase ONE AP for the discount) IF you could get a really good discount. The hundreds of dollars you would save on a good hotel discount (30-40%) would more than justify the additional hundred fifty or so dollars that the AP will cost over a 5 day park hopper. Plus, AP holders get dining and shopping discounts in the parks and Downtown Disney as well, so you are looking at some very good savings over a 6 day period of time. However, in order to get an AP discounted room, you have to provide a valid AP number, which you don't get until you activate the AP, so not sure how that would work.

If nothing comes up, there are PLENTY of good hotels literally a stone's throw from DLR along Harbor Blvd and Katella in Anaheim. Search for "DIsneyland Good Neighbor" hotels to see which ones Disney themselves are affiliated with (in a partnership type situation).

Thanks for the tips!

NotaGeek
09-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Can anyone advise me of any methods to find/acquire savings or discounts for stays at the Disneyland Hotel? I have heard some rumblings of guests finding ways to lower the room price, but I cannot seem to find anything myself.

Our official Travel Agency, Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/) can sure help -- contact them and they will help you find options that might work -- they will also monitor your booking in case sales come out in the time before you travel -- if your booking qualifies they get you the new price and you get the savings back!

You can find a link to Magical Journeys at the top left or click HERE (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/).