PDA

View Full Version : Downloading digital pics to CD

tinka
09-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but have a question.
Is there a place at WDW where you can have your digital pics transferred to a CD if you run out of memory card? I thought I read that somewhere else a while back but couldn't find the thread again.

CanadianWDWFan
09-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Not sure where you can do this, but it might be cheaper/easier to buy another memory card. I always travel with more than one card for these kinds of emergencies.

Strmchsr
09-09-2012, 12:30 PM
I think (but am not 100% sure) that you can still do that at the Kodak area to your right as you come in MK, at the photo place at Epcot (to the right of the entrance for SE) and at the Darkroom in DHS. However, Brian's answer is quite correct. It's a LOT cheaper to just buy a second memory card. If I remember correctly on the prices to do a CD I could easily buy a 16 GB memory card for the same price at Wal-Mart or Amazon.

brownie
09-10-2012, 10:31 AM
It's also good to have a back-up memory card in the event your memory card fails.

JPL
09-10-2012, 11:08 AM
I wouldn't recommend using the Kodak CD services. I know some of the kiosks are set to lower the resolution of your photos to maximize the space on the CD. Memory cards are cheap just invest in a larger card or another card. I usually travel with a a laptop so I just upload the pictures to it when I am running low on space.