PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to BLT lately?

PETE FROM NYC
09-08-2012, 06:57 PM
We had our onlt trip to BLT 9/10. We had a 1 BR lake view. DW and I fell in love with the place, and we are returning on 9/18.
That trip the only complaint we had was the bathrooms. The floors in there were very slippery, which we blame on the place being brand new. Has age given them better traction. I did make an informal complaint at the front desk in BLT lobby, but I don't know how the floors are now.

faline
09-09-2012, 08:12 PM
We stayed in a studio in the summer of 2010 and noted this as an issue as well. In February of 2011, I stayed in a 2-bedroom lake view unit and did not notice any slippery floors.

Aurora
09-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Had a 1-bedroom in June 2011. We had some room issues, but a slippery floor in the bathroom wasn't one of them.

disneykidsince1970
09-12-2012, 03:09 AM
We were there in April in a 2 bedroom and def noted the slippery floors. I wrote a long review of the resort - should be here somewhere but ...I don't know how to do the link thing. sorry.

Unfortunately, age hasn't helped the slippery floors - or the upkeep of some of the furnishings (imho).

having said that - we are booked there again the first week of November. :)

MinnieMommie
09-18-2012, 06:05 AM
We have stayed in a studio, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom and have not experienced slippery bathroom floors. I have been careful though because of reading some posts about this. :mickey:

dixielandings
10-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Ok - I haven't posted in a long time. Hi, everyone...

I was coming online to post about our recent 5-night stay at BLT when I saw this thread. So here are my comments.

For the most part, we really liked it. Mostly because of the INSANE location!:mickey: However, we weren't bowled over. The building is beautiful on the outside and the views from the balcony and surrounding areas are sweeping and lovely. But the interior of our room left quite a bit to be desired. Lots of wear and tear. LOTS. In the end, I mentioned to my DH that it seemed like IKEA must have a commercial furnishings division. There was such a marked difference between the quality of the stuff in BLT and the stuff in every other hotel room we've ever stayed in - Disney or otherwise.

We called management to make note of this and got a visit from the supervisor on duty. This was clearly not his first time making such a visit. He was very nice - had maintenance fix or replace all the broken bits and bought us dinner at Cali Grill. But that doesn't refurnish the rooms so this doesn't continue.

I hope they rectify this situation soon. DH is annoyed that we (all DVC members) aren't treated as though we are the ones spending the most money to be there, when in fact, we are...We expected more when we purchased our membership.

Don't get me wrong - we love our WDW, and we'll return soon, probably to BWV if we can get a room there! ;)

PETE FROM NYC
10-13-2012, 05:15 PM
OK we just got back last week(with alousy Florida cold).
I did not notice the floors being that slippery any more. We had a 2 BR this time, and all the bathrooms had decent floors.

VWL Mom
10-13-2012, 05:20 PM
I did not notice the floors being that slippery any more. We had a 2 BR this time, and all the bathrooms had decent floors.

Good to hear, thanks for the update!

pox24
10-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Was there last month in a DED 2br MK and had no issues with the tile floors.