PDA

View Full Version : Hallowishes from outside the Magic Kingdom

disneynarula
09-08-2012, 04:51 AM
How different is Hallowishes from Wishes? I was wondering if we should plan a special trip to try and watch it from the beach at the Poly or some other place. We don't have tickets to MNSSHP.

Kenny1113
09-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Do it! :mickey: just know that it is really best seen within the park, but as you don't have tickets watching from outside will do. :)
Our first year going to a party we were amazed by the fireworks, then the next night saw them from the water.

Strmchsr
09-08-2012, 08:18 AM
From outside the parks HalloWishes won't be hugely different. What makes HalloWishes so different is a lot of the lighting and effects on the castle. The music is different, too, but I don't know that I would make a special trip to try to see HalloWishes from outside the park.

SBETigg
09-08-2012, 11:21 AM
From outside the parks HalloWishes won't be hugely different. What makes HalloWishes so different is a lot of the lighting and effects on the castle. The music is different, too, but I don't know that I would make a special trip to try to see HalloWishes from outside the park.

I disagree. I've watched both from the Polynesian and from California Grill. The fireworks in the sky are different as well as the lighting and music. I think they're very different shows and it's worth catching HalloWishes if you haven't seen it. The Polynesian beach is a great place to catch HalloWishes. The panoramic view is spectacular.

JPL
09-10-2012, 11:57 AM
It's worth a trip to the Poly to watch it of course you don't get the full effect of being in the park but the music and extra fireworks make it different enough from Wishes

lawgirl
09-10-2012, 06:08 PM
It's worth a trip to the Poly to watch it of course you don't get the full effect of being in the park but the music and extra fireworks make it different enough from Wishes

I wasn't really expecting it to be that different, but it really blew me away. I think its worth going! Besides, its free to watch from outside.

Janmac
09-13-2012, 09:57 PM

Sorry, beg to differ. We were at the Poly one year and saw both Wishes and HalloWishes from the resort. HalloWishes is obviously different and way better. One neat effect is the reflections of the fireworks on the Contemporary.

We have never seen HalloWishes from inside MK but I'm sure that's the best vantage point. If I have a choice of fireworks shows to view from the Poly - I'll choose HalloWishes, hands down.

Jan