PDA

View Full Version : Trasnfer from value to DVC

Dyanna
09-07-2012, 01:46 PM
We are spending one night before our week long stay at BLT at the new AoA. Our luggage will be sent from one hotel to the other while we take WDW bus transportation to the MK then walk over to BLT to check in. As an actual DVC member & not one using someone elses points what are the chances of checking in & getting a room before noon?

laprana
09-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think the chances of your room being ready before noon are very good. There's always a possibility, but I wouldn't make any plans around getting into your room that early. Of all our DVC stays, we've never gotten into our room before 4:00 p.m. A couple times, (once at SSR and once at Kidani) our room wasn't ready until around 5:30 p.m.! You might try doing the online check-in because it allows you to enter your expected arrival time. I'm not sure if it would help you get your room earlier or not, but it's worth a try! Best of luck and have a great trip! :thumbsup:

PETE FROM NYC
09-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Our one and only time at BLT, 9/10, we were able to check in shortly after noon. Hoping that we can have a repeat performance when we check in on 9/18.
Look for me, I will be the guy in the funny hat.

FiggyFan
09-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Getting into a room early does happen, but not often. I'm going to guess it happens only when the room was empty the night before. Try checking to see if the room type is still available for your arrival date using the on-line reservation page on the member site. If it is, and you are not particular about where your room is and what view it has, things might work out.

TinkerbellT421
09-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Maybe it's the time of the year we go, but every time we have stayed at the Boardwalk there was one time we didn't get a room on arrival, and that was this past trip when we made a room request after they told us where we were, we asked to be closer the a stairwell and on the second or third floor and they said that was fine but it wasn't ready yet.