PDA

View Full Version : Any rides you physically have trouble with?

mom2morgan
09-07-2012, 09:27 AM
In another thread we're talking about vertigo/motion sickness - other than ones that directly spin, are there others that bother you? What about other problems? I like Dinosaur, but find it way to rough - I really feel like I spend the whole ride bracing myself so as not to be thrown all around. And I find Space Mountain pretty jerky as well - makes me worry I'll put my back out or something!

Disney Hungarian
09-07-2012, 09:34 AM
You named the 2 rides that I can no longer handle and flat refuse to ride anymore. Space Mountain and Dinosaur are down right painful for me. Other than those 2, I haven't had any other problems yet.

BrerGnat
09-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Space Mtn and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster both give me headaches these days. I love them both, but I have to be very careful when deciding whether to ride or not. If I even feel slightly like I might get a headache that day (I am prone to migraine), I have to avoid them.

At Disneyland, I simply won't ride Matterhorn anymore. It's just WAY too painful of an experience overall.

figgie
09-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Mission Space at EPCOT has always given me the wobbly knees reaction, even the "lighter" version! Rockin' Rollercoaster, not my favorite either because I loose my stomach at the start and it doesn't catch up with me 'til the end!:sick:

MargaretMessler
09-07-2012, 10:54 AM
I never have problems on thrill rides, but the regular version of Mission Space really screwed me up for an entire evening. The tamer version they have since added, not quite as bad. Other than that, I don't remember having any issues with WDW rides/attractions.

If you venture over to Universal IOA, be careful on some of the coasters, make sure you leave plenty of time after eating. Specifically the Hulk coaster.

retiredfigment
09-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Tower of Terror. Last time I had trouble with my back, the one thing doctor said to avoid was jumping jacks or any similar activity. The sudden stops, starts of TOT would probably ruin my trip.:(

DisneyFr33k
09-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Two:

1- Mission Space Orange - made me so motion sick it ruined my day at Epcot. It wasn't the "get sick to your stomach" motion sick. It was the extreme fatigue kind. One I've never experienced before. The nurse at their first aid station explained it to me. Ugh. Since then, we've only done the green version so I don't get green -- :sick::dizzy:

2 - Primevil Whirl -- or more affectionately know as the Primevil Hurl. That one made me :sick: and I will never go on it again!

tink'72
09-07-2012, 11:37 AM
I can't ride the Indy Speedway the smell is just way to much and I get an awful headache.

joonyer
09-07-2012, 11:41 AM
I can ride Mission Space orange, but i have to focus only on the video screen, just like the instructions say. If I look away at my family to see their reactions even for a few seconds, the motion sickness creeps in. The worst ride for me is the Teacups. After about 30 seconds of that spinning I am done for several hours (just have to lay down somehwere). So now, I just avoid it altogether. For some reason, I am fine on Primeval Whirl, it's one of my family's favorites cause my wife screams all they way through it, which delights my boys (and me). But she is a brave mom and does it for her kids even though it scares her. :thumbsup:

Dopey's Girl
09-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Aside from the spinning rides, I can't do simulator rides....road Star Tours once and was not well the rest of the day.

I even have to close my eyes in parts of Soarin, because the movie makes me feel funny.

SBETigg
09-07-2012, 12:07 PM
I have trouble on Primeval Whirl (as we'd been discussing on the other thread), the teacups, and Star Tours. Oddly enough, I have no trouble on Mission:Space orange. But last time I did Star Tours, after the refurb, I felt very ill for an hour or so.

ChipDale2708
09-07-2012, 12:12 PM
I had a tough time on Space Mountain the last time I rode , thought that has been a few years. I'm not sure if it was the ride or the fact I was extremely hot. First time I have ever felt seriously wobbly after a ride. Maybe I'll give it another try sometime if I'm there when it's cooler. :blush:

Gator
09-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Goofy's Barnstormer, for sure. I guess it's ok, but the last time we were there the CMs let me and my son ride it 3 straight times because of low lines. After the third, they offered a fourth and I flatly refused. That headache form neck pain didn't go away all day.

Space Mt is a little that way, too. The one at DL is much smoother.

buzznwoodysmom
09-07-2012, 12:18 PM
As much as I love RNRC I sometimes end up with a headache when I get off due to my head being banged around between the headrest.

Space Mountain is really jerkey, sometimes I find my back hurts with the sudden jerks.

And I also agree about Dinosaur, I end up bracing myself for most of the ride.

The one ride I flat out refuse to ride again isn't at Disney. It's the Hulk coaster at Universal. My head hurt so much when I got off that I almost went to first aid. I was sure there was something wrong with me, until I saw several other guests grasping their heads and moaning about the pain. I felt as though the pressure was crushing my skull. After that ride I was done for! Couldn't bring myself to ride anything else that day.

CzepielCrew
09-07-2012, 01:18 PM
The only ride that really bothered me was Rock n Roller Coaster. For me, it was too fast and I felt like I was going to lose my head to one of the neon signs.:mickey:

Madame Leona
09-07-2012, 01:22 PM
I have troubles on Soarin'. The motion on it makes me a little queasy and I feel unsteady when I get off of it.

disneynarula
09-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Mission Space... I rode it during a soft opening a long time ago and ended up back at my hotel room with a terrible case of motion sickness.

darthmacho
09-07-2012, 02:53 PM
I used to get nauseated after Star Tours, but I didn't this time, so I wonder if it has to do with the change? I also felt uneasy after Mission: Space in 2003, and since they've offered the green version, I stick with that now. :mickey:

DNS
09-07-2012, 02:57 PM
I love Dinosaur, but seldom ride it anymore because it gets my back hurting. Normally I love that type of ride, but that one is just too jerky for me.

Another one is Soarin', but in fairness to the ride, heights always make me very dizzy. About half of it makes me dizzy and I have to close my eyes.

ANG
09-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Just the Tower of Terror. I've ridden it twice and literally threw up shortly after I got off.

TiggeRia
09-07-2012, 08:24 PM
I found Astro Orbiter to be physically painful. I only rode it once, but I rode with another person and we were crammed in and once the ride started my legs got pinned to the sides of the car, I guess from centrifugal force? I'm not sure but it was horribly uncomfortable and I've never been back on.

January-2007
09-07-2012, 11:46 PM
I haven't been able to ride Splash Mountain for years. I also can no longer ride TOT which is sad for me since it used to be my absolute favorite.

CosmicRay
09-07-2012, 11:52 PM
I hadn't done Space Mt. in a few years and was so excited to ride it earlier this year. It was jerky and painful! I might consider riding it again for a second test just to see. But if it turns out the same way, then sadly... I think I must be done with it :(

A ride that makes me feel sick is Primeval Whirl though. No thank you!!

texas211
09-08-2012, 09:59 AM
I can ride Mission Space orange, but i have to focus only on the video screen, just like the instructions say. If I look away at my family to see their reactions even for a few seconds, the motion sickness creeps in. The worst ride for me is the Teacups. After about 30 seconds of that spinning I am done for several hours (just have to lay down somehwere). So now, I just avoid it altogether. For some reason, I am fine on Primeval Whirl, it's one of my family's favorites cause my wife screams all they way through it, which delights my boys (and me). But she is a brave mom and does it for her kids even though it scares her. :thumbsup:

For me, looking away helps keep from getting too caught up. How funny.

Melanie
09-08-2012, 10:17 AM
It's funny, but it depends on the day for me, depending on how I'm feeling. I can usually tell when a certain ride is going to bother me. The rides that affect me the most are Star Tours, Mission: Space Orange and Primeval Whirl. Usually on Star Tours I can close my eyes and bow my head and it's fine. Even in the LA scene of Soarin' I sometimes get a funny feeling. :ill:

I don't do Rock 'n Roller Coaster anymore because of the takeoff. My on-ride pics on there were always so funny with my face all scrunched up because the takeoff took my stomach so badly. :ack:

kakn7294
09-08-2012, 10:54 AM
For me, it's not so much a matter of what shakes me around too much as it is what I have trouble getting into and out of with my Pooh-sized body. I haven't ridden Astro Orbiter in a number of years but I remember having a heck of a time getting into and out of the rockets. I do usually ride Space Mountain but I have a great deal of difficulty hauling myself into and out of the cars. Same thing with Goofy's Barnstormer and I'm so crammed into the car that I'm not comfortable for the short ride. Since I don't like the new theming, I'm just not going to ride it again. I also have trouble getting into and out of Rock 'n Roller Coaster although I've just discovered that the front of each section works better for me. I've also found that I'm much better on the aisle of Tower of Terror. I used to always be crammed into the wall and miserable.

PETE FROM NYC
09-08-2012, 06:39 PM
I just cannot take any ride with a big drop.Rode Space Mtn and Splash Mtn, once each. That hurts because Splash has some of the best decor in all of WDW.
Mission:Space and Star tours I am fine on.
Now both DW and I have bad knees, and we find it hard to get off of some rides with low seating like POTC, and Small World. She also has problems with Test Track if she is in the back nseat, it cripples her.

TheVBs
09-08-2012, 06:58 PM
The only ride that really bothered me was Rock n Roller Coaster. For me, it was too fast and I felt like I was going to lose my head to one of the neon signs.:mickey:

LOL! Me too! It also left me shaky. So did ToT and EE. I did them once, never again!

I can't do simulator rides either, motion sickness. I did Star Tours once years ago, made for a very bad evening. :(

Mousemates
09-08-2012, 09:03 PM
the teacups...but I haven't been able to do tightly spinning rides since I was a teenager.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
09-08-2012, 09:08 PM
RNRC, any roller coaster with the thing that goes over your shoulders boxes my ears and head and gives me a terrible headache.

disneymom2000
09-08-2012, 09:20 PM
You know, I have spinal implants from scoliosis but I still ride everything from ToT, Splash Mountain and even Everest. But the only thing that has ever gotten to me is when I rode Soarin' three times in a row. There were no crowds and I had a fast pass so I rode it three times in about 25 minutes. Boy was I dizzy. So we laid low for about an hour and it went away and back I went. :thumbsup:

T-Belle
09-09-2012, 08:41 AM
This is going to sound so silly as everyone else's post sound logical and mine is just well...stupid!
Several trips ago I rode The Seas with Nemo & Friends. When I got out I had to sit down for awhile as I felt so :ack:. Ok, I blamed it on the heat and the :marg: from Mexico I had just had. Fast forward to the next trip and the same thing happened! Now, no other ride does this to me. In fact, I have no trouble eating a hugh meal and riding Mission Space!!! So ok, something about those slow, sideways moving little clam shells really does a number on me. I can live without this ride. But, on the last trip I was getting off Spaceship Earth when that feeling began again!! Oh no!! I will NOT give up S:E!!! Never!!! Has anyone had this problem? And what did you do about it?

bruin1344
09-09-2012, 11:08 AM
I get very brief nausea from rollercoasters that subsides within minutes. Mission Space Orange is the only one that makes me nauseous for a longer period of time.

I got really nauseous on Mad Tea Party when my mischievous friends took control of the spinning.

Aggie97
09-09-2012, 03:08 PM
The simulator rides are a problem for me. I cannot do Star Tours or Mission: Space! :sick:

ElenitaB
09-09-2012, 04:25 PM
It's been a long time that I've done any rollercoasters, and I can handle TT and M:S just fine. but I was caught off guard the first time I rode Toy Story Mania. Is it just me or does it kinda throw you from side to side?

LudwigVonDrake
09-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Primeval Whirl just plain hurts.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-09-2012, 08:54 PM
I agree, Primeval Hurl throws you around too much. It didn't make me sick but I have no desire to do it again! And ToT is not one of my favorites. I hate the feeling of leaving my stomach behind. And the Tea Cups, Dumbo and Aladdin make me feel queasy now.

I haven't tried RnR ever or Space Mountain in years.

Surprisingly I was fine on Mission Space. I just kept my eyes open and focused straight ahead. And the same thing with Expedition Everest, I have to keep my eyes open and head back against the seat and I'm fine.

azcavalier
09-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Space Mountain is the worst for me. One trip gives me a headache, and it's too bad, because I really love the ride.

Goofy's Barnstormer (Great Goofini, whatever) is uncomfortable because of how small the cars are (I'm 6" 1', 200lbs.).

It's funny, because Dinosaur is super jerky, and yet it doesn't mess with me. RnR is more of a **** shoot. I've gotten off before with headaches, and other times, nothing. I've gotten to the point, though, where I take a couple of Aleve or four Ibuprofin to start the day at WDW, just so I can enjoy whatever rides I want. Last trip we tried the refurbed Star Tours, and while I thought they did an incredible job, I was in a cold sweat (and possibly a little green) by the time it was over. I don't know if I could have lasted another 30 seconds. We're going with a new family this year, and I think that i'm going to take some Dramamine before we head over to DHS this time.

Wolf
09-10-2012, 03:41 PM
I don't know how to properly describe these ailments these cause me at the ripe old age of 25 but Primeval twirl makes me feel like its gona sling a crick into my neck and Mission Space makes me feel like I'm gona swallow my tongue so I just avoid them both like the plague. :ack:

EJS-Houston
09-11-2012, 03:18 PM
The only one I really have trouble with these days is Space Mountain. My legs are too long and the safety bar hits me right in the stomach...so all ride long I feel like I'm being repeatedly punched in the gut. No problem with any other ride, though.

disneydeb
09-11-2012, 03:40 PM
EE hurt my back last time. it may have been a fluke though, I'll have to try it again in November just to make sure!:mickey:

Utopia74
09-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Stich's Great Escape made me really nauseous. Not because of the intensity, mind you, but because it sucked donkey balls.

NewDVCowner
09-11-2012, 04:55 PM
The only one I really have trouble with these days is Space Mountain. My legs are too long and the safety bar hits me right in the stomach...so all ride long I feel like I'm being repeatedly punched in the gut. No problem with any other ride, though.

I always seem to have problems getting my legs into Space Mountain as well.

Wolf
09-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Stich's Great Escape made me really nauseous. Not because of the intensity, mind you, but because it sucked donkey ******.

OMG I loled so hard it hurt!!! <3<3<3

Wolf
09-12-2012, 10:09 AM
I always seem to have problems getting my legs into Space Mountain as well.

I have that same issue!! I'm 5'9 and my knees end up almost to my shoulders lol

DisneyGirl85
09-12-2012, 10:45 AM
None to date....except I am terrified to go on the extreme version of Mission Space because of all the stories I hear about people getting sick and/or being miserable the rest of the day. It's weird because I can go on any type of ride (whether its going in circles, rough & bumpy, or steep drops) and I am the courageous one of my family but for some reason I am terrified to try it. Maybe I'll do it one evening (so my whole day isn't ruined if I feel miserable afterwards) when I'm there for the ICOT15 if I don't wimp out!!

disneynarula
09-12-2012, 12:37 PM
I also have problems with space mountain and height issues. I am only 5'9" as well. I always have trouble getting in and out of the ride.