PDA

View Full Version : Dumbo

kgoulash
09-07-2012, 06:49 AM
We leave in 10 days just wondering is dumbo open? Oh and goofy's barnstormer?

Melanie
09-07-2012, 06:56 AM
Yes, both sides of Dumbo are open, along with Barnstormer.

jimsgal05
09-07-2012, 06:58 AM
yes both Bumbos are open it is neat but strange how they did it...but I did like the fact they have 2 Dumbo rides as far as the rollar coaster yes but I can't remember if it was called that I didn't go on...I was there last week!!! the train stop over there is stopping in that area of the park...just so ya know

kgoulash
09-07-2012, 07:02 AM
Thank you, I don't want to be talking up rides to the kids that won't be open
We have a surprise trip in jan, can't wait to see most of fantasyland completed!

darthmacho
09-07-2012, 07:20 AM
Not only was Dumbo open during our trip, but we were given the choice to ride the classic or the new Dumbo. We ended up riding both, but chose to ride the classic first. :mickey:

K8screen
09-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Are there separate queues for the two versions? And are they very different? I thought they were updating the old one as well.

MargaretMessler
09-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Will I feel tremendously out of place and silly riding Dumbo as an adult with no kids? Going next year with my BFF and we kind of tend to turn into kids again at WDW.

Kairi_7378
09-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Both sides of Dumbo are open as well as the Barnstormer. Try to ride them at night if you can!

We saw a couple celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary riding Dumbo last week. They were not the only adults on the ride without kids. Ride and have fun!

mgmnut
09-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Not only was Dumbo open during our trip, but we were given the choice to ride the classic or the new Dumbo. We ended up riding both, but chose to ride the classic first. :mickey:

That's cool, we were given the choice last week, we were just handed the pager at the podium.

mgmnut
09-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Will I feel tremendously out of place and silly riding Dumbo as an adult with no kids? Going next year with my BFF and we kind of tend to turn into kids again at WDW.

I don't think so, I say if you want to ride it then ride it, no matter what age.

joonyer
09-07-2012, 11:49 AM

Doesn't everybody? I mean that's the point of going to MK in the first place; everybody's a kid again. Ride anything and everything you want to and have FUN! :woohoo:

Gator
09-07-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm guess by the new version, you mean it's the one that goes opposite of how the original went?

Christine
09-08-2012, 06:13 PM
I rode it today...by myself! I don't think it's looked at as strange, and couldn't care less if it was :blush:

FYI-Here's some new signage as you enter Storybook Circus...

kgoulash
09-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the photo!

darthmacho
09-08-2012, 08:39 PM
I rode it today...by myself! I don't think it's looked at as strange, and couldn't care less if it was :blush:
FYI-Here's some new signage as you enter Storybook Circus...

Is that new? I swear it wasn't there last week?

Thanks for the photo!

Yes, thank you!

Christine
09-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Is that new? I swear it wasn't there last week?

Yes, thank you!

It is indeed new! Cool eh?
Amd you're all very welcome! :mickey:

KevMcNJ
09-09-2012, 10:22 AM

Any one who sees you on there and thinks you are silly doesnt know you, doenst know your name, doesnt know where you live and will never see you again.

Ride whatever YOU want to ride. Dont worry about what some stranger from Dover, Delaware might think

AgentC
09-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Are there separate queues for the two versions? And are they very different? I thought they were updating the old one as well.

I meant to reply to this last week and forgot. When you go to Dumbo there is a fast past queue on the left and a standby queue on the right. Both queues go into the center tent.

If you fast pass, you go in the tent and the cast member will send you to one of the two outdoor queues. The wait in the outside queue is quite short. If you go in the standby queue, you will be given a pager and sit in the play area until your page goes off. The you go into a new line that merges with the fast pass line.

When I went in July, the wait in play area was minimal and there were not many people in it.

When we went on Saturday, the posted time was 30 minutes. We had to wait in a queue inside. They could not let people into the play area until people came out because it was at capacity. We waited about 15 minutes in the play area. And then about 5 minutes in the inside queue before we were sent outside.

Our standby ride took about 40 minutes. We fastpassed after that and it was about 10.

And definitely try to ride at night. It is gorgeous.

Imagineer1981
09-22-2012, 03:33 AM
I can't wait to take the kids on Wednesday. They will be so happy!!!

Wolf
09-24-2012, 03:13 PM

I wouldn't, I plan on riding it with my Mom when we go in 5 days, and I'm 25 lol

Wolf
09-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Any one who sees you on there and thinks you are silly doesnt know you, doenst know your name, doesnt know where you live and will never see you again.

Ride whatever YOU want to ride. Dont worry about what some stranger from Dover, Delaware might think

AMEN! When yall see a goofy red head "yehaw"ing her head off on Big Thunder Mountain you all have my permission to laugh as loud as you want, I do respond to Wolf so feel free to call me out :)