View Full Version : Disney Marketing

DizneyFreak2002
09-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Now THIS is how you market and get the hype ready for something:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/new-fantasyland/

Kudos and well done...

SBETigg
09-06-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm sorry, what? Was that a compliment to Disney marketing? I'm shocked. ;)

Dsnygirl
09-06-2012, 04:24 PM

:rotfl:

Thanks for the link, probably would have never seen it myself... and I agree, well done... :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
09-06-2012, 05:05 PM
I think it looks great too.

However, it looks an awful lot like Universal's Marketing when Wizarding World of Harry Potter was getting ready to open. As soon as I saw the map I thought of WWOHP, and as soon as my son walked up to the computer he said "wow, what's that, looks like Wizarding World of Harry Potter". When I told him what it was his exact words...."Copy Cat". Leave it to a 10 year old.....LOL.

Jared
09-06-2012, 05:43 PM
I know, really! But it's totally justified here. This is good work.

BrerGnat
09-06-2012, 05:54 PM
I think it makes Fantasyland out to be a lot "darker" and "medieval" than it is. What curse are they talking about? Kind of weird. But, better than most of the recent marketing, I suppose. Visually, it's great.

Melanie
09-06-2012, 06:32 PM
I saw someone mention it reminded them of Once Upon A Time. Maybe they are trying to tack on to that popularity? Agreed though, it won't be that "dark".

Dsnygirl
09-06-2012, 09:05 PM
I saw someone mention it reminded them of Once Upon A Time.

What I thought immediately... don't mind, though, as I love the show... :blush:

DizneyFreak2002
09-06-2012, 10:04 PM

Hey, a broken clock is right twice a day.. LOL

brownie
09-07-2012, 10:26 AM
What curse are they talking about?

Doesn't it include Beast's Castle? That's the curse that comes to mind for me.

BrerGnat
09-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Doesn't it include Beast's Castle? That's the curse that comes to mind for me.

Yeah, but wasn't that curse broken by the end of the movie. ;)

tink'72
09-07-2012, 11:43 AM

However, it looks an awful lot like Universal's Marketing when Wizarding World of Harry Potter was getting ready to open. As soon as I saw the map I thought of WWOHP, and as soon as my son walked up to the computer he said "wow, what's that, looks like Wizarding World of Harry Potter". When I told him what it was his exact words...."Copy Cat". Leave it to a 10 year old.....LOL.

I thought the exact same thing when I opened the link.

joonyer
09-07-2012, 11:53 AM

Better copying someone else's success than just sitting on their own laurels.

brownie
09-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Yeah, but wasn't that curse broken by the end of the movie. ;)

It was, but since it's Beast's Castle it must be from before the curse was broken. Although, if they break the curse, it won't be Beast's Castle anymore...

Gator
09-11-2012, 04:52 PM
This was a really great site and pull. I got it through the weekly Disney email and thought it was great. Man, TDO really missed an oppurtunity to mess this one up, right fellas?:D