PDA

View Full Version : The Plaza Restaurant

faberj
09-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Do they take reservations (ADR's)???

AgentC
09-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Yes, they are an ADR restaurant. They are very small and walk ups can be difficult, but I have had great luck using the mobile app and booking lunch for the same day as as long as I did it before 10.

Disney Hungarian
09-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Yes.
I would recommend having an ADR if you plan to eat there at a busy time.
In May, I walked up to the podium at 11am and asked for a seating at noon as I wanted to ride the JC before lunch. When I returned after the ride; the CM's were turning away walk-ups, stating there was no availability for the rest of the day.

Tigerinvestigator
09-06-2012, 11:02 AM
The Plaza is one of those restaurants that you can almost always get an ADR the night before, but once people get into the park and start thinking about lunch and dinner it gets tough. We have tried several times to walk in without success, so this year we made an ADR and really enjoyed the meal.:thumbsup:

Gator
09-06-2012, 12:24 PM
I've learned that if anyplace has ADR capabilities, never take a chance. Just book it, even if it's the night before.

darthmacho
09-06-2012, 12:56 PM
I had and ADR for Plaza this past trip. I made it with the rest of my reservations in February, but from what I've heard, it's one of the better ones for getting openings. I'd encourage booking it as soon as you know you want it. Why take chances? :mickey:

azcavalier
09-06-2012, 12:57 PM
This is a restaurant that I always forget about. Is it any good? Especially compared to the other offerings in the park?

VWL Mom
09-06-2012, 01:08 PM
We use The Plaza on EMH nights and enjoy it very much. Menu is pretty basic: sandwiches, burgers, strawberry salad and wonderful milk shakes. I will say we do pay OOP, if you're on DDP it's not a good use of a TS credit.

AgentC
09-06-2012, 01:39 PM
We've eaten there several times and I agree with Lynn. Good basic food. We usually get burgers. Prices are not much more than some counter service meals. My kids love the ice cream for dessert. :)

I don't often do table service at MK so I can't really compare. We sometime do lunch at the Liberty Tree Tavern. The Plaza is simpler and less expensive.

Ms. Mode
09-06-2012, 02:07 PM
This is a restaurant that I always forget about. Is it any good? Especially compared to the other offerings in the park?

Yes, it's lighter food such as sandwiches and salads...very nice after having heavier meals for a few days. Plus, the price is good! :thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
09-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Yes it does. I consider it one of the underrated restaurants in WDW :mickey:

darthmacho
09-10-2012, 01:53 PM

I thought it was the perfect way to end the trip with a lighter meal on our last day in the parks...until I ordered the banana split for dessert! ;)

It was light on my wallet though, as it was the least expensive of all the sit-down restaurants at which we ate during the trip.