PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Disney Era?

ValenciaCalling
09-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Mine has to be the Walt Disney World of the late 80's and early 90's. My first trip was in 1991, and The Little Mermaid came out a few month after I was born, so it has a lot of sentimental value.

I also loved it because:

-Spaceship Earth still ended with Tomorrow's Child and most of EPCOT wasn't outdated yet.

-Disney's Hollywood Studios was Disney-MGM Studios and everything was brand new.

-There was no Animal Kingdom. I've tried going again and again. I just can't get into it.

What about you? When was your favorite Disney era?

mgmnut
09-06-2012, 12:13 PM
I can see exactly what you are saying, I fondly remember EPCOT as a teen with all it's fan fare and the original attractions like Horizins and World of Motion, and with MGM Studios being brand new.

I would have to say my favorite era is now. This is the era I have the most cherished memories. I enjoy Disney so much more now with my DW and kids than I ever did before seeing it as a child myself. We first came with our twins when they were 3 y/o back in 2000 and have been back 5 times since. In fact, we just got back from our latest trip this past Sunday and the twins will be 15 next week. The reason we go back now is because there is such a great sense of family when we are all there together. I never laughed and enjoyed myself more than I did on this past trip. So when I think of Disney, that is what I remember.

darthmacho
09-06-2012, 01:00 PM
There's certainly room for improvement, but I'd go with now for overall, but there was something a little more special about the cast members when we first visited in the late 90's. There seemed like there were a lot more jaded, unfriendly, or downright unprofessional cast members this past trip, especially in the quick service establishments. Now I can understand that not being the best job in WDW, but there has to be people out there that can handle that job with a smile, no? :)

Gator
09-11-2012, 04:58 PM
I can only compare WDW from only 10 years ago, but this era certainly is the best for me. I loved going there with just my wife, but taking my kids on all the rides and letting them see the fireworks - that makes it great for me. Plus, with all the new attractions that they've added since then, I love all that the parks have to offer.