PDA

View Full Version : Food and Wine Fest Tips for Newbies

faberj
09-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Hi All,
This is the first time we will get to experience the Food and Wine Festival. Any tips for newbies???
It will be Myself, DH, and DS2.

jnfr2424
09-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Pace yourself!
Food may seem a little bit but before you know it you will be stuffed!

Stop and the Welcome Center ( over where WoL was and get a free passport so you can check off some of the foods/drinks you've tried and purchase a mini gift card easier to pay for the foods/drinks.

To save $$ and also to sample more DH and I share - we get two different things and share/swap unless its something we really like (my fave is in Ireland - chocolate cake with Irish Bailey gnauche YUMMY)

If on a dining plan some of the items are considered snack items

Most of all have a GREAT time Enjoy!!

tinksmom02
09-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Do your research. There's a sticky at the top of the Dining page here on Intercot that lists all of the booths and the offerings available. Check them out so you know where you absolutely MUST stop. You can google Food & Wine 2012 for photos and stuff when the event gets closer.

Kenny1113
09-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Avoid the weekends of possible. Enjoy!!! :mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
09-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Go to the back of the world and start from there. It is less crowded because most start at Mexico or Canada. Get there early for less crowds and avoid weekend evenings with a young one.

Quadstriker
09-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Tip 1: Bring money.

Tip 2: Forget about making an ADR on your Epcot day. Just eat as you go.

Tip 3: Bring more money. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
09-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Pick up one of those checklists that list all the booths/offerings so you can keep track of what you have hit and missed.

Study the offerings first and decide what you most want to try because it's expensive and time-consuming to do it all.

Keep in mind that four-five samples pretty much fill you up as if you've eaten a full meal. More or less for some. It helps to share samples so that you can sample more and won't fill up as fast.

Have one person get something from one booth while someone else gets in line at another and meet in the middle. There are tables all around where you can park for just long enough to eat and drink your samples. Sometimes the tables have no room, other times you find space.

You only have so many hands, but it helps to have a small bag or something where you can keep a bottle of water to sip after sampling so that you're not buying water bottles or extra beverages all along the way. Those little glasses of wine are great, but not much for palate refreshment after some of the more strongly flavored foods.

DisneyFr33k
09-07-2012, 11:29 AM
The top two, which have already been mentioned:

Avoid the weekends - locals frequent it then

If you have the dining plan, save all your snack options to use at the food booths. Once done, you've had a nice snack or even lunch!

mrte62
09-07-2012, 12:33 PM
All the points mentioned above are right on and may I add the following:

1) Splurge on a special event if you can.

2) Be adventorous - try something new!

3) The event should really be called the Beer, Wine & Food Festival. :mickey:

MrPeetrie
09-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Tip 1: Bring money.

Tip 2: Forget about making an ADR on your Epcot day. Just eat as you go.

Tip 3: Bring more money. :thumbsup:

Quadstriker, great tips.

Also, I agree with other posters, ESPECIALLY if you have little ones, and avoid weekends. Sometimes the crowd gets more "adult-like" and less Disney-like on weekend evenings.