PDA

View Full Version : Bummed to miss MNSSHP

ANG
09-06-2012, 07:45 AM
All the MNSSHP posts are making me so jealous and second guessing if we should. I'd really love to go but think it may be best to skip this year. DH and I went without kids and loved it. Halloween is a huge deal for me and we'll be in WDW for the 31st.

Problem is our kids (1 and 3) go to bed at 7pm when we are at home. And with the parade and fireworks not starting until like 8-9 (?), I don't want to waste the money if they are screaming tired.

I realize that taking young kids to Disney is a game changer. And I don't mind missing other things. Just bummed about the party. Is anyone else in the same boat right now?

faberj
09-06-2012, 09:13 AM
I am in the same boat as you. Our DS is 2 and he goes to bed around 8 PM while we are at home.

We have never been to MNSSHP, so have no idea what it is like.

We arrive on 11/1 and the last party is on 11/2. I did buy tickets to go to the party though.

I am planning on putting DS down for his normal afternoon nap and letting him sleep until he wakes up (we usually have to wake him up!) and then head over to MK for the party around 5:00 grap something to eat and do what we can until he gets tired.
I hope he at least makes it to the 1st parade, but if he doesn't that is okay too.

I don't have anyathing planned for the next morning so we can all sleep in.

AgentC
09-06-2012, 10:02 AM
If you your trip is a week when MNSSHP is not likely to sell out, I would see how your children are doing at the parks and then decide if it will work for your family.

We went to MNSSHP when my son was around 2. He is a night owl so the late time was not an issue. We enjoyed the parade and the fireworks but he didn't really get the trick or treating.

Last year we went to MVMCP, my daughter was 3 and my son was 6. My daughter is not a night owl and fell asleep in her stroller. She doe snot mind sleeping in her stroller and we still managed to have a great time.

Disney Doll
09-06-2012, 10:27 AM
We were always blessed by changing time zones. Our kids stayed up a little later at Disney, but were really on the same schedule. We would also plan a late nap for party day so they would be able to last a little longer than usual. Even still, we always leave after the fireworks. Some say you don't get the full value unless you stay until midnight, but we always had fun and I was glad to be able to experience it at all.