PDA

View Full Version : ID for kids

rugby1725
09-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Is there any need to bring an ID for kids. We are planning on driving so our daughter who will be 2 year and 11 months old won't need one for a plane, just trying to make sure we don't get caught without it if needed for age verification in regards to the tickets.

faline
09-05-2012, 12:24 PM
I don't think you will need it. Disney will take your word on the age of your child.

brownie
09-05-2012, 01:20 PM
You can get an ID for someone that young? :D

We've never had to show anything for our boys.

rugby1725
09-05-2012, 03:47 PM
We went to Canada last year so she had to have a passport card at the age of 15 months. Good luck getting them to sit still long enough for that picture.

Disney Doll
09-05-2012, 07:38 PM
No need, you don't even need an ID for the plane unless you are flying with a non-paid lap baby in which case you just need to show a copy of the birth certificate for proof of age. Disney will take your word for it.

lawgirl
09-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Im probably just ocd (about everything!), but when we took my 1YO to Hawaii last year, the TSA actually asked him how old he was. Of course at the time he wasn't really talking yet, but he looked older than 1 YO. I don't know what they would have done if he looked up and said "3"! For that reason, I always travel with a copy of his birth certificate, just folded up in my purse, just in case. It would really stink to get there and for them to say, sorry, he looks too old. Of course, Im sure they would take the parent's word on their child's age, but still you never know. You might get an overly zealous CM at the gate!