PDA

View Full Version : Help on giving a gift card for trip.

Bethis26fan
09-04-2012, 02:05 PM
I need some help. We are planning a trip to the world next Dec. There will be me and my sister (E) and then our other sister (L) & her husband (M) and 2 kids (A 5 at time of trip) L (9 at time of trip). As with most people money is tight. We really want to make this trip happen E & I normally buy stuff for the kids every holiday. What we were thinking about doing is starting with this Halloween put money on a gift card for each of them and just add to it for each thing we normally buy for (excluding Christmas) we figure between the 2 of them there will be enough to buy a kids 7 day pass with the gift cards. Now comes the part I am having the problem with. We want to give them the cards this Halloween and then just keep putting money on the same card (we know we can write the #’s down to do this) we are just trying to figure out a way to give the cards to them without telling them they are going to Disney next year in case it doesn’t work out. 2 things we have come up with is because the closest Disney store to them is where we live and they live 2 ½ hours away that we are just giving them money to save to go to the Disney store because the next few times they come down we have so much going on there’s no way we can go to the mall, or just tell them it’s like the change jar in mom and dad’s room that they are saving for a trip and can spend it then. Any ideas help suggestions? Oh and a side note there will be money on the card for them to spend at Disney too. Thanks!!!

Zippy 1
09-04-2012, 03:09 PM
I like the idea of telling them it is like a change jar for saving for a future trip. That way they know sometime in the future they will be going just not when. Then you can keep adding to the cards and even encourage them to add a few dollars of there own. Just make sure the cards are kept in a safe place - not the kids hands. Great idea though I will have to keep it in mind for my 2 nieces who want to go but have a hard time leaving money in the Disney jar.:mickey:

Bethis26fan
09-04-2012, 03:32 PM
There mom has a fire safe box they are going to go in. :) We always buy for things like candy and toys for the holiday that they don't really need. This way the money will go to something good. Like at Easter instead of doing a gift they will get money on there card and a chocolate bunny instead of like $20.00 worht of toys that last a week or two. We are going to make up our own Disney Dollar type thing to give them since they won't have the card each time.

January-2007
09-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Sounds like a really sweet idea!