PDA

View Full Version : Transportation from Magic Kingdom to Downtown Disney?

ASweetLov
09-04-2012, 12:37 PM
I have been to WDW several times but have never noticed if there was a way to get from the Magic Kingdom to Downtown Disney. Does anyone know if there is a bus that would take me directly to downtown disney?

Thanks!:mickey:

faline
09-04-2012, 12:38 PM
There is not. Disney does not run any direct transportation between parks and downtown Disney. You need to go to a resort and transfer there. From the Magic Kingdom, you might consider walking over to the Contemporary and getting a bus from that location.

Gator
09-04-2012, 03:50 PM
I remember the first time I found out I couldn't get from the MK to DD. I just took the nearest bus ready to leave for a resort, which happened to be Saratoga Springs. Then we got there and waited for a long time for a DD bus.

Funny. When you're at your home resort waiting to go to a park, it seems like all you ever see is DD buses. But when you need'em, no where to be found.

Janmac
09-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Yeah, there is no way to get there from here (MK). We had taken the launch from the Poly to MK one late morning - huge crowd at the turn stiles, so we thought - DD.
Walked to the Contemporary, waited forever until a DD bus came up - and next stop: the Poly. We were cracking up. After stopping at GF also, we did get to DD.

So, you might just as well take the launch to the GF and catch the DD bus there.

Jan

faline
09-04-2012, 06:38 PM
I remember the first time I found out I couldn't get from the MK to DD. I just took the nearest bus ready to leave for a resort, which happened to be Saratoga Springs. Then we got there and waited for a long time for a DD bus.

There's a walkway from Saratoga Springs to Downtown Disney.

steamboat willy
09-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Another option and way better than bus and bus...
Bus to Port Orleans, then boat to Downtown Disney! :sail:
Enjoy The Ride!

Tigerinvestigator
09-05-2012, 10:48 AM
I agree with Faline, walk to CR and then catch the DTD bus. The walkway ends at the bus stop anyway!:thumbsup:

JMTStone
09-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Another option and way better than bus and bus...
Bus to Port Orleans, then boat to Downtown Disney! :sail:
Enjoy The Ride!

I like this idea the best. SS is our home resort and we have taken a bus there and walked but your way sounds like so much more FUN!:mickey:

ASweetLov
09-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Thanks everyone! The boat ride from Port Orleans sounds like FUN! Might try that:thumbsup:

Main Street Jim
09-05-2012, 08:38 PM
I just took the nearest bus ready to leave for a resort, which happened to be Saratoga Springs. Then we got there and waited for a long time for a DD bus.

SS is our home resort and we have taken a bus there and walked but your way sounds like so much more FUN!Isn't there a *boat* from Saratoga Springs to DD as well? Why wait for the bus (you're *right* next to DD anyways), when you can either walk or take the boat (if there is one)?

JMTStone
09-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Isn't there a *boat* from Saratoga Springs to DD as well? Why wait for the bus (you're *right* next to DD anyways), when you can either walk or take the boat (if there is one)?

We've only taken the walk to DD from SSR and the bus back (the packages were too large to walk back, carry the little one and we were leaving for airport next day). It would be a short boat ride, I bet.

I bet there IS a boat but I would like to try the Port Orleans one. I like the Port Orleans theme.