PDA

View Full Version : shopping for your pet at MK

disneykid99
09-03-2012, 07:37 AM
I have a memory of a shop tucked away - I think on Mainstreet in MK- that had a ton of stuff for pets. We have some pet lovers we would love to get gifts for. Do you know where this shop is?
Thank you!

Strmchsr
09-03-2012, 08:03 AM
I don't remember one in MK, but I know there's one in DTD.

Christine
09-03-2012, 09:01 AM
The fire station used to have pet merchandise. I miss that too. Now it's harder to come by.

disneykid99
09-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the DTD tip. :mickey: We will look there. I think I was thinking of the Firestation. Bummed to hear it is no longer there.

buzznwoodysmom
09-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Actually I had trouble finding anything at all for my pets on our last few trips. I was looking for new dog collars and couldn't find any at all.

Strmchsr
09-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the DTD tip. :mickey:

I need to retract my statement about DTD. I double-checked and apparently Disney Tails (the pet store) closed when they remodeled Pooh's Corner and turned it into Mickey's Mart a few months ago. So, I don't think there's much left in the way of pet merchandise anymore. Sorry.

Christine
09-03-2012, 09:56 AM
There still is some pet merchandise at DTD- but it's very limited. I think we will be going downtown today and I will see if there's anything.
Maybe I should buy my puppy Hulk a treat side he's been in the kennel all weekend while we are at okw.

Christine
09-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Went to "fun finds" where I'd seen per merchandise before. The CM said "no more let merchandise. All gone."

So there we have it I guess! :(

Pop Centurion
09-03-2012, 04:39 PM
I asked everywhere last Sept (Intercot, twitter, in the parks, etc) and was told everything had been discontinued. The only thing they had was a plush mickey ear shaped toy & a bandana in Mickey's Mart next to Pooh's Corner.
I did get in touch with the Disney dog kennel and they said their try to work a deal with Disney to sell themed merchandise. They even took down my info so they could contact me if they ever made it happen. It's been a year so I doubt it has.

BTW, I bought the plush toy for my dog & he killed it in a day. Hahahaha! His nickname is the toy killer.

disneykid99
09-03-2012, 04:56 PM
This is a bummer. I am very thankful to all of you for the posts. It saves me (and my family) from running around looking for things for our pets.

Christine
09-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Ugh! Sorry for the above typos- I was at DTD at the time and the glare on my screen plus the tiny tiny letters made it tough to proofread! :blush:
But yes, today they said "no more pet merchandise"

Sorry again. :D

coloradowendyl
09-03-2012, 10:11 PM
The gift shop at Best Friends Kennels has really cute pet stuff!

I was there in June...toys, clothes, collars!

Wendy

mgmnut
09-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Ugh! Sorry for the above typos- I was at DTD at the time and the glare on my screen plus the tiny tiny letters made it tough to proofread! :blush:
But yes, today they said "no more pet merchandise"

Sorry again. :D

Too bad, I would think pet merchandise would be a huge success for Disney. Some people are fanatics when it comes to their pets

Pop Centurion
09-08-2012, 03:23 PM
The gift shop at Best Friends Kennels has really cute pet stuff!

I was there in June...toys, clothes, collars!

Wendy
That's great news! I'll def have to check it out when I go in Nov. It is Disney themed right?