PDA

View Full Version : EMH transportation ?

disneykid99
09-03-2012, 07:35 AM
I have a EMH transportation question. If we have the idea to drive to Epcot in the morning and then take the monorail over to MK for EMH will the monorail take us back to Epcot to get our car, eventhough Epcot will have been closed for a while? DH says yes - I say no. Please help us determine who is right ;)
Thank you!

11 Days and counting down :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-03-2012, 09:23 AM
No. The Epcot monorail closes about an hour after park closing.

It would be better just to drive to the MK parking lot, and then you don't have to worry about getting back to your car.

Disney Hungarian
09-03-2012, 10:29 AM
I agree with Heather. Park at MK ride the monorail to EP. Then ride the monorail back to MK for EMH.

faline
09-03-2012, 11:53 AM
The monorails no longer run on the schedule they used to keep. We tripped up on this on our last trip. We were staying at the Beach Club but dining at the Poly and Epcot was gaving extra magic hours. We thought we'd take the monorail back to Epcot and walk through to get "home". The Epcot line had already shut down so we ended up taking the monorail to the Magic Kingdom and bussing from there.

MargaretMessler
09-03-2012, 04:41 PM
The monorails no longer run on the schedule they used to keep. We tripped up on this on our last trip. We were staying at the Beach Club but dining at the Poly and Epcot was gaving extra magic hours. We thought we'd take the monorail back to Epcot and walk through to get "home". The Epcot line had already shut down so we ended up taking the monorail to the Magic Kingdom and bussing from there.

So are you saying that even though EPCOT was still open for EMH, the monorail did not continue? That just seems so wrong. :(

Anyway, everything else aside, I would say the best and safest option is park at the TTC and monorail to EPCOT, then back to the TTC/MK for EMH. Most definitely the monorail will be closed down if the park is.

disneykid99
09-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Thank you for the help and warnings. We will stick with parking at TTC and using the monorail to get to Epcot first then MK.

10 days and a wake up :mickey: