PDA

View Full Version : Canceling your ressies

Hull-onian
09-01-2012, 07:10 PM
We went to conceirge to cancel our ressie for Tusker House, she told me that there would be a ten dollar charge per person in my party. Since the ressie was held on a credit card, they can now charge you if you don't show up. Ugh!!! The CM told me that they are trying stop double booking. Next year, all ressies are going to require a credit card number. This year I had two cancellations, and no penaltiy. Phew!!!!!! Who knew???? :tasty:

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Yep, for restaurants that require a credit card guarantee, you have to cancel at least a day in advance, or $10 per person is charged.

Details from the Disney site:
What is the credit card guarantee policy? Will my credit card be charged if I cancel a restaurant reservation at Walt Disney World Resort?

On October 26, 2011, select table-service locations began using the credit card guarantee policy, a policy that was already in place at select restaurants at Walt Disney World Resort. When booking a reservation at these restaurants, Guests are required to provide a credit card to hold a reservation and will be charged $10.00 per person if the cancellation isn't made at least one day in advance.

More details are in this thread. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=186381&highlight=credit+card)

Sorry it caught you .. Disney is expensive enough without having to pay extra cancellation fees you weren't ready for.

Gator
09-01-2012, 11:43 PM
I guess it's a good thing, because it keeps some ADR available for others. On the the other hand, if I had to cancel and incurred that charge, I wouldn't be very happy about it. Wonder if Disney would have some grace if there was a legit reason to back out last minute?

Hull-onian
09-02-2012, 08:35 AM
I guess it's a good thing, because it keeps some ADR available for others. On the the other hand, if I had to cancel and incurred that charge, I wouldn't be very happy about it. Wonder if Disney would have some grace if there was a legit reason to back out last minute?

That would be a big "NO"........

Dsnygirl
09-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Wonder if Disney would have some grace if there was a legit reason to back out last minute?

I wonder, too, if there is any legitimate reason they would consider... we got caught once in-transit, as our bus driver got ill and pulled the bus over to the side of the road. She called for a replacement driver, and I actually went up and spoke with her (I'm a nurse - labor & delivery, actually, which wasn't her concern, but still... ;) ) and she said it was protocol for them to do that. Very smart, I think!! She turned out to be fine, but it was a good 30 minutes before we were on a new bus, and I called our restaurant early on to ask if we should cancel or still show up, albeit almost an hour late. Luckily, they still honored our ADR... but I wonder, if something like this happened, outside of your control, if Disney would re-consider??

TiggeRia
09-02-2012, 08:57 AM
I think were it some kind of emergency or condition beyond your control they would. Disney has been very kind to me in refunding all of my money, including MVMCP ticket (which they say are non refundable) when I had to cancel a trip paid in full with less than a week to go due to a medical emergency in my family last year.

ImagiAsh
09-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Wonder if Disney would have some grace if there was a legit reason to back out last minute?

Yes. I had booked a reservation at Narcoossee's (GF) about 4 months prior to our trip. The day finally came to go there and my boyfriend fell ill. I called dining and they waived the fee.

Hull-onian
09-02-2012, 05:51 PM
We showed up early for two ressies, and it wasn't a problem for them. We felt like eating lunch instead of dinner, and it all worked out.:thumbsup:

faline
09-02-2012, 08:34 PM
As an aside, if they go to this system for all table service restaurants, I will be even less likely to make advanced dining reservations and see what is available when I arrive.

While I usually keep most of my reservations, I have been known to cancel same day, at times (and yes, I always made sure I cancelled a reservation I was not going to keep as soon as I knew that I would not be there) and would not want to incur charges because plans changed.

missastrocat
09-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Maybe the new policy will help those that try to find ts places to eat while at the park, or at least open up more options for those that don't reserve 180 days out.

I think it is a good idea as it may help prevent adr squatters. It will definitely make me think twice about ifim really sure this is an adr I want to make and use.

green ranger
09-03-2012, 11:18 AM
This policy is one of those things that make me like Disneyland better. It's a shame that you just can't relax and enjoy where the day may take you because you have a reservation that you made months before. When we went to Disney a year ago, we did more counter services so we didn't have to worry about getting to a reservation. Vacation is supposed to be relaxing, not stressful!