PDA

View Full Version : crowds in November

GINNY69
09-01-2012, 08:17 AM
I am going to Disney on November 5th. Does anyone know how busy it will be there as far as crowds go. I would assume it would not be too busy at all with kids back at school.

:mickey:

JerseyDad
09-01-2012, 08:43 AM
.....Nov 5th .... I think ....is the day before election day ....so that will technically be "Jersey Week" (yay!!) so .....crowds should be traditionally low.

....I offer this opinion based on my personal experience and many Jersey Week visits to WDW.

VWL Mom
09-01-2012, 09:24 AM
JerseyDad is correct, it is Jersey week. The last 2 years crowds have been running busier than usual but still very manageable.

I'm hoping that everyone is waiting for the opening of Fantasyland this year so it might be less busy.

GINNY69
09-01-2012, 05:47 PM
What is exactly Jersey Week ????

VWL Mom
09-01-2012, 05:54 PM
All NJ schools are closed Thursday and Friday for teachers' convention, many are closed on Tuesday for election day, too. Many people use it to get away without having to pull kids out of school for a long time. The district we're in also has half days Monday and Tuesday so we go for the week and DS only has one chargeable day against him.

Don't be afraid though, most of us are very nice and don't bite. :mickey:

jpcns50
09-04-2012, 03:27 PM
We are going November 9-17 .... we are also hoping that everyone is waiting for Fantasyland to open....I did a day trip in 2012 on November 13th and I must say MK was VERY VERY Quiet, the only wait over 15 minutes that day was Splash Mountain, and I think it was because it happened to be a warm day....:mickey:

azcavalier
09-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Free dining is not offered during Jersey Week (for whatever reason, that week is blacked out), but it is offered the week after. So, take that for what it's worth.

VWL Mom
09-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Free dining is not offered during Jersey Week (for whatever reason, that week is blacked out), but it is offered the week after. So, take that for what it's worth.

Free dining has been blacked out for that week as long as I can remember but rooms discounts are offered. Disney doesn't need an added draw that week, they know NJ will be there regardless. Interesting to note also, unless you buy your airline tickets when the books first open, airlines charge close to holiday fare in and out of Newark on the weekend before and after and the flights are booked. I still think it's one of the best times of the year to go.

Becca3557
09-08-2012, 07:37 PM
I think it's a great time to visit. For the third year in a row, we are going the week before Thanksgiving. :thumbsup: We enjoy the holiday decorations and the more comfortable weather. Epcot will be busy with the F&W Festival, but otherwise the crowds will be pretty much a non-factor.