PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone planning on doing the F&W Fest??

Dsnygirl
08-31-2012, 02:19 AM
I just realized, in all the excitement of thinking about being able to come down for the party, that not only was I going to be able to do MNSSHP, but that the F&W Fest will be going on!! It is one of my FAVORITE events, and I want to be sure to find time to hit some of the kiosks. Is anyone arriving Thurs or staying over 'til Monday that would want to go for awhile?? I am so excited to be able to do it again!! :wine: :chef: :eat:

dlpmikki
08-31-2012, 04:00 AM
Me :blush:

AgentC
08-31-2012, 07:27 AM
Me too.

TheSorcererofFantasia
08-31-2012, 08:19 AM
Us too! We are arriving Tue to start taking in the F&W festival.

Right now Thur and Mon are planning on evening hours as the days are planned at AK Park.

Dopey's Girl
08-31-2012, 08:42 AM
Me, Me, Me!!! I'm there through the 1st and would love to wander WS with a group!

Dsnygirl
08-31-2012, 08:52 AM
Yeah! Looks like we have the beginnings of a fun group! We should pick a time and place that works to meet for the majority of people... what fun! :cloud9:

If you haven't already, let us know you preferences re: day & time...

Mine - probably Thursday late afternoon/early evening before the meet up at Universal Studios. I could also do Sunday, but am leaving that open right now, as I am unsure of other things....

disneymom15
08-31-2012, 09:41 AM
We arrive Sunday the 21st. Thurday would work for us. If I remember, Sunday's schedule calls for DHS, then the podcast taping at BLT in the afternoon. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Jared
08-31-2012, 09:44 AM
General rule -- if you ever can't find me during the trip, the first place you should check is the Greece booth. That will be inhaling the griddled cheese.

dpamac
08-31-2012, 09:58 AM
I always move between the sausages and pierogies in Poland and the craft beer tent. Every once in a while I'll move along and get cheese somewhere.

BriarRose0708
I'll be in EPCOT that Thursday the 25th too, count me in for walking around the WS!

AgentC
General rule -- if you ever can't find me during the trip, the first place you should check is the Greece booth. That will be inhaling the griddled cheese.

Mmm. That cheese is so good!

TiggeRia
08-31-2012, 01:05 PM
I'll be in EPCOT on Thursday, as well. Looking forward to the F&W as I haven't been to it since 2005. And I don't know what griddled cheese is, but it sure sounds delicious!!

brownie
08-31-2012, 01:32 PM
We'll be doing some sampling on Saturday, since we'll be at Epcot then anyways.

Jared
08-31-2012, 01:33 PM
I'll be in EPCOT on Thursday, as well. Looking forward to the F&W as I haven't been to it since 2005. And I don't know what griddled cheese is, but it sure sounds delicious!!
You're in for a treat. The griddled cheese dish at the Greece booth is similar to a popular appetizer called saganaki. It consists of a Greek goat's or sheep's milk cheese that is lightly fried. It is then covered with sweet honey and chopped pistachios. Delicious.

Mousefever
09-01-2012, 11:20 PM
I remember that a few years ago you could use snack credits for samples. Is that still the case?

Amy

Dsnygirl
09-02-2012, 08:14 AM
I remember that a few years ago you could use snack credits for samples. Is that still the case?

Amy

Yes, as far as I know, it still is!! :)

dpamac
09-02-2012, 09:56 AM

Amy

Last year that's pretty much how we spent our entire free dining plan. Between snacks and converting counter service meals my girls ate like royalty in EPCOT. Of course, we didn't have much left over for the rest of the trip...

Mousefever
09-03-2012, 06:52 AM
Last year that's pretty much how we spent our entire free dining plan. Between snacks and converting counter service meals my girls ate like royalty in EPCOT. Of course, we didn't have much left over for the rest of the trip...

In what way can you convert counter service meals?

Amy

dpamac
09-03-2012, 07:52 AM
In what way can you convert counter service meals?

Amy

As far as I know there's no "official" way, as it's not in the small print. But at the register they will take one counter service and turn it into three snacks. It all depends on the cast member. If they know how to do it, maybe? For example, they didn't have a problem doing it at the resort or at the F&W kiosks, but for some reason the candy shop on Sunset Blvd in Disney studios wasn't allowed to do it.

TikiGoddess
09-09-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm planning on snacking around the World (with snack credits) in between meets on Saturday.

Kathy

SBETigg
09-09-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm planning on snacking around the World (with snack credits) in between meets on Saturday.

Kathy

Good plan. Me too.

Jared
09-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Good plan. Me too.
If anyone's around earlier in the week, I'll probably be snacking a bit on Wednesday or Thursday as well. (Or both. Why not, right?)

Feel free to join!

Dsnygirl
09-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Good plan. Me too.

Me three.... as well as Thursday... :wine: :eat: :marg: ... :D

Jared
09-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Maybe we can meet for a lunch or late-afternoon snack run that day? That Greek griddled cheese still haunts my dreams.

SBETigg
09-09-2012, 05:46 PM
If anyone's around earlier in the week, I'll probably be snacking a bit on Wednesday or Thursday as well. (Or both. Why not, right?)

Feel free to join!

I'm hoping to be around Wednesday, so we'll see. And why not! Yes.

Jared
09-09-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm hoping to be around Wednesday, so we'll see. And why not! Yes.
Cool! My girlfriend and I love Food and Wine. See you on the promenade!

AgentC
09-09-2012, 08:16 PM
I'm not official there until Thursday, but might be able to come over for a few hours on Wednesday. I've got some vacation days to burn. :)

Mousefever
09-09-2012, 08:50 PM

Kathy

Me three!!

Amy

Mousefever
09-09-2012, 08:52 PM

Sorry Blythe! I mean, me four!

Amy

BriarRose0708
09-10-2012, 10:58 AM
I am torn. I am on the TS dining plan and made lunch reservations for both my EPCOT days. Saturday I don't have dinner plans so that works out for browsing F&W Fest before & after our Mickey meet. But Thursday I have lunch at Via Napoli and dinner at 'Ohana. As much as I'd love to eat at Via I am thinking of canceling it so I can snack more, try new food at the booths, and spend time with you all. It will also be less busy Thursday than Saturday too (remember how crowded it was at iCot10??? Took us 25 minutes to walk from Norway to France!). I already have one too many TS reservations so cancelling Via would also solve that problem. Jared, would you and Talie mind terribly if we didn't do lunch on Thursday and just snacked at F&W Fest? I'll buy you a Griddled Cheese!

Dsnygirl
09-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Checking in with everyone, as we're getting closer.... (:woohoo:)

Thinking I will be getting to Epcot by about 4:45 on Thursday... want to hit AK first, prob will stay at Epcot 'til about 7:15...

Does this timeframe work for anyone?? :wine:

If so, thinking of meeting at the Greece kiosk? (Usually right across the bridge on the right... :eat:)

disneymom15
09-25-2012, 10:37 AM
That will probably work for us.

KylesMom
09-25-2012, 11:17 AM
I too am planning on snacking in between our INTERCOT schedule on Saturday! Better get to sampling BEFORE the LaCava time! :D :marg:

Dsnygirl
09-25-2012, 05:22 PM
I too am planning on snacking in between our INTERCOT schedule on Saturday! Better get to sampling BEFORE the LaCava time! :D :marg:

:ditto: Gotta get as much sampling in as possible!! :eat: :wine: :marg: :D

Buttercup
09-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Can someone just clarify something for me? This is my first food and wine festival. :blush::mickey:
You don't have to buy any special tickets or anything to take part in the food & wine samplings, do you? I know they have special events (like cooking classes, etc.) that you have to buy tickets for. But if I just wanted to walk around World Showcase and stop by a booth here or there to try some stuff, I can just pay out of pocket, right?
I saw someone (Christine?) on Twitter that had a fancy plate with a checklist of all the booths printed on it and a handy wine-glass holder built right in! Looks neat!

Dsnygirl
09-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Can someone just clarify something for me? This is my first food and wine festival. :blush::mickey:
You don't have to buy any special tickets or anything to take part in the food & wine samplings, do you? I know they have special events (like cooking classes, etc.) that you have to buy tickets for. But if I just wanted to walk around World Showcase and stop by a booth here or there to try some stuff, I can just pay out of pocket, right?
I saw someone (Christine?) on Twitter that had a fancy plate with a checklist of all the booths printed on it and a handy wine-glass holder built right in! Looks neat!

Yes, you are right -- you can just circle the F&W Festival, and try whatever you like, just paying out of pocket. If you are on the DDP, you can use snack credits for many of the items, depending on their price. And if you have a general idea of what you'd like to spend, you can pre-load a wristbanded mini gift card when you get to the F&W Fest, and they'll just swipe it each time you use it, up to whatever you've put on it. (We've used it once, very handy to have!)

Mousefever
09-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Blythe, I still plan on the F&W Festival, but not until Saturday. It wouldn't make any sense to snack before 'Ohana, or I won't make it to the banana bread pudding! :mickey:

Amy

Dsnygirl
09-30-2012, 10:41 PM
Blythe, I still plan on the F&W Festival, but not until Saturday. It wouldn't make any sense to snack before 'Ohana, or I won't make it to the banana bread pudding! :mickey:

Amy

lol... I'll snack w/ ya Saturday, too!! I can't blame you on Thurs, I LOVE the bread pudding, and if I was having it, I'd be thinking the same thoughts!! I'll be at 'Ohana to say hi after I hit the Fest, tho... :)

AgentC
09-30-2012, 10:51 PM

tes, Christine tweeted it. The plates are very cute and actually pretty practical. Most of the booths are serving the food in brown paper containers. A few still have plates. I got a dessert, a drink and a main dish at one booth and it was a bit hard to juggle. I think the plate was only $5. My husband was very sad that I didn't buy him one. He has a lot of eating planned for October. :D

SBETigg
10-01-2012, 09:20 AM
tes, Christine tweeted it. The plates are very cute and actually pretty practical. Most of the booths are serving the food in brown paper containers. A few still have plates. I got a dessert, a drink and a main dish at one booth and it was a bit hard to juggle. I think the plate was only $5. My husband was very sad that I didn't buy him one. He has a lot of eating planned for October. :D

I loved hearing about and seeing some things in advance, so thank you Christine and Cindy! I'll be in Epcot on Wednesday between FW and WS and probably back after AK on Thursday if there's time before 'Ohana. Though, I want to save room for 'Ohana so maybe won't sample much Thursday. And then there's Saturday!

Dsnygirl
10-01-2012, 09:45 AM
I'll be in Epcot on Wednesday between FW and WS and probably back after AK on Thursday if there's time before 'Ohana. Though, I want to save room for 'Ohana so maybe won't sample much Thursday. And then there's Saturday!

Ditto to Thurs & Sat... I'm thinking our stomachs are going to need a vacation from our vacation when we all get home... :)

Jared
10-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Ditto to Thurs & Sat... I'm thinking our stomachs are going to need a vacation from our vacation when we all get home... :)
Blythe and Sherri, I'm planning to roll into Epcot at around 1 or 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday. We're heading straight to World Showcase to start sampling.

See you both there, I hope!

BriarRose0708
10-01-2012, 12:10 PM
I'll be in the MK Wednesday and will split my F&W Fest sampling between Thursday and Saturday. Can't wait!

BriarRose0708
10-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Just read on FB (and it was probably posted on the park hours but I didn't notice) that Saturday night the park and the festival booths are open until 10 p.m.! Yay for an extra hour of last-minute snacks and drinks after IllumiNations!

John
10-02-2012, 11:47 AM
From what I was told by Disney for our event - Illuminations is at 10 that night.

Take it for what it's worth - because our party at Norway is sceduled to let out between 915 and 930 becasue of that ;)

BriarRose0708
10-02-2012, 12:07 PM
From what I was told by Disney for our event - Illuminations is at 10 that night.

Take it for what it's worth - because our party at Norway is sceduled to let out between 915 and 930 becasue of that ;)

Ahhh, ok. I suppose that makes sense. At least it's an extra hour in EPCOT, for which I will never complain!

Melanie
10-02-2012, 12:11 PM

Crowded! ;)

So glad we'll have the special things to do that day. :rocks:

Jared
10-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Out of curiosity, do we have to register to watch IllumiNations with the group? We're not attending the breakfast this time, but the fireworks would be fun.

Dsnygirl
10-15-2012, 12:53 AM
So, I am now thinking that our F&W Fest touring will happen for the most part in-between I'cot events Sat... just not thinking we will be able to squeeze it in Thurs, b/w AK, dinner and Universal!! If that changes, I'll be sure to Tweet it or text it or whatever seems to be working down there... and seeing as we'll all be hooking up at some point at the different events Sat, I'm sure we'll all get to wander together at some point!! Sooooo can't wait! :D

Dsnygirl
10-15-2012, 12:55 AM
Out of curiosity, do we have to register to watch IllumiNations with the group? We're not attending the breakfast this time, but the fireworks would be fun.

Jared, I could be wrong, but I think the registration was just for the Living Seas bkfst and Norway meet... the gathering for Illuminations I believe is open to everyone. Glad you guys will be there! :)

John
10-15-2012, 08:28 AM

Breakfast and evening meet are by registration only - everything else is just show up. :)

We don't have a special viewing area for Illuminations - we're just getting together since Disney doesn't allow you to reserve those spots during the weekends of F&W.