PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k

alliekat
08-30-2012, 11:00 PM
Hi everyone I have signed up for my first Disney race I will be running in Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k. I'm very excited it seems like it's going to be fun. Upon looking at the infromation at the RunDisney website I saw that it is not listed where spectators watch the race,that being said if anyone knows where it is that would be helpful .Thank you. :mickey:

PlutoToo
08-31-2012, 10:05 AM
Where did you find this?I went to the Run Disney website and don't see this run listed. It sounds like fun and we'll be at WDW in Dec. I'm just getting back into running and this sounds like a good motivational tool.

Melanie
08-31-2012, 11:10 AM
What's crazy is that it's not in December, but in the first part of November as part of the Wine & Dine Weekend. Sorry, I know the seasons are stretched a bit at Disney, but I think this is kinda silly. ;)

As for spectators, not sure what will be open. The only race my family has participated in at Animal Kingdom is the Everest Challenge, and then we had after party tickets and could see our runners in the park. That said, I do believe these 5K's all start and finish outside the park, and the Animal Kingdom parking lot is great for this, and there should be many spots to cheer on your runner. :thumbsup:

PlutoToo
08-31-2012, 12:12 PM
Thanks Melanie. We won't be there until after Thanksgiving....:( maybe next year.

brownie
08-31-2012, 01:48 PM
What's crazy is that it's not in December, but in the first part of November as part of the Wine & Dine Weekend. Sorry, I know the seasons are stretched a bit at Disney, but I think this is kinda silly. ;)

I could understand it if it was over Thanksgiving weekend, but the beginning of November is not part of the Christmas season (unless you step into any retailer during that time.) They should call it something else.

diz_girl
02-28-2013, 04:48 PM
I was wondering why that was being held in November too, but the first MVMCP will probably be held the night before, so it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

Christine's story in the last Podcast has made me want to start running again. While I've done a half and a 20K, right now I think that Mickey's 5K would be a good place for me to start right now.

I just have two weeks to decide if I'll give it a go or not. We'll be there during Jersey week, but leave the day on which the races will be held. But we just need to be at the Auto Train by 2 p.m. and the race is at 7 a.m. So now I'm thinking if I can also squeeze in MVMCP the night before too.