PDA

View Full Version : Bringing Food In

DisneyFr33k
08-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Do they allow this? We just want to bring in heavy snacks.

goofysbabe
08-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Yep, we always pack snack & water to take to the parks, I have friends who pack pb&j's. I do think there is a rule about coolers and rolling coolers might look under the info tab.

disneymom15
08-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Husband brings snack bars in all the time.

IloveJack
08-30-2012, 04:22 PM
We take water and buy sodas with meals. We also take gummies, goldfish, and the like for the kids. Never once been questioned about it.

DisneyGuy1979
08-30-2012, 04:36 PM
My wife & I bought backpacks ( the ones that are used for hiking ) they are nice an insulated . We bring snacks & sandwichs & freeze waters ( funny tip though the backpacks are so good that we had are waters stay frozen even in 90+ degree heat). So then we just by soda in the parks ( are last trip we spent $30 on are park food budget an that was soda . Even then we just buy one refillable mug an just share it... Im pretty sure at the water parks you can bring coolers cause I seen a ton of those last trip. 88 days till dinner at Be Our Guest for MVMCP......:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-02-2012, 09:55 PM
As long as there is no glass or alcohol you can carry in snacks. They aren't supposed to allow rolling coolers but unfortunately I've seen those too.

DisneyFr33k
09-03-2012, 05:50 AM
They aren't supposed to allow rolling coolers but unfortunately I've seen those too.

Rolling coolers, really? I can't imagine lugging one of those around the parks. Too cumbersome!

Gator
09-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Yeah, it's not like a movie theatre where you truly have to smuggle in a candy bar or something. Just throw it in your backpack and you'll be fine.

MKFD43
09-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Camel backs packed with ice and frozen bottles of water work great too.

CleveRocks
09-15-2012, 09:40 PM
No glass, no alcohol, no hard-sided or rolling coolers, no bulk foods packaged so that it looks like you're going to try to sell it. Otherwise, there are no rules. Take in whole meals if you want to, you're not breaking any rules.

There are two exceptions to the "no glass" rule: baby food jars and perfume bottles.

There are additional prohibited items for Animal Kingdom: no balloons and no straws. The no straws thing seems easy until you're flagged at bag check for those juice boxes you're taking in ... juice boxes have straws attached and they're a no-no at AK.

Terra
09-16-2012, 08:41 AM
No glass, no alcohol, no hard-sided or rolling coolers, no bulk foods packaged so that it looks like you're going to try to sell it. Otherwise, there are no rules. Take in whole meals if you want to, you're not breaking any rules.

There are two exceptions to the "no glass" rule: baby food jars and perfume bottles.

There are additional prohibited items for Animal Kingdom: no balloons and no straws. The no straws thing seems easy until you're flagged at bag check for those juice boxes you're taking in ... juice boxes have straws attached and they're a no-no at AK.

I didn't even think of that. We've been quite a lot with our juice boxes for our boys and they've never said a thing or taken them away.

I love that WDW allows you to bring food. It saves us money and allows us to spend it on merchandise instead!

Kairi_7378
09-16-2012, 08:46 AM
We usually bring a couple of bags of Goldfish and other small snacks with us on the plane. I then divide them into 1-cup plastic containers for the parks. We also bring thermos bottles of water.

The only time anyone said anything to me about it was when the security guard asked where I was from, and then asked if I had a cheesesteak in my bag :)