PDA

View Full Version : How do You get to toy story mania?

Lizzie
08-29-2012, 09:54 PM
So this is a silly question. We haven't been to dw since toy story and I don't know the area of the park well the ride is. Can we walk to the right of the great movie ride to get to it. What is the quickest most direct way?

Dsnygirl
08-29-2012, 10:51 PM
Yes, you need to go to the right of the Great Movie Ride... down the steps that are to the right of the Sorcerer's Hat, and then to your left, past One Man's Dream and you'll see the street designs for TSM start - Fast Passes will be on your right, the ride entrance is on the right just past them.

Side note -- if you want to try to ride it twice, be sure to get to DHS before the park opens and wait at rope drop -- then head straight for TSM, send one person to the FP line and have everyone else get in the queue -- they can join you once they have the FP's for later in hand! :)

Lizzie
08-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Thanks our flight gets in at like 630am and we are going to check in and go straight there to get fast passes and than wait in line.

MickeysBestPal
08-30-2012, 01:10 AM
if you want to try to ride it twice, be sure to get to DHS before the park opens and

1- wait at rope drop -- then head straight for TSM,

send one person to the FP line and have everyone else get in the queue --

2- they can join you once they have the FP's for later in hand! :)

1- There is no longer any internal Rope Drop or Rope Drop Ceremony at DHS.
The DHS ticket turnstiles are opened to guests 10-30 minutes before the
scheduled opening time, and guests may enter and head immediately to the attraction
of their choice.

2- Sorry, but If your party has already entered the building/queue,
a person who has remained outside the building (getting FP or otherwise) is not permitted to crowd through the line of waiting guests to "rejoin" the rest of her/his party.

CM's are often positioned at the entrance of the queue in the mornings making announcements to that effect.

And, that is generally considered "line-jumping" (and bad form) under any circumstances.

Dsnygirl
08-30-2012, 03:00 AM
1- There is no longer any internal Rope Drop or Rope Drop Ceremony at DHS.
The DHS ticket turnstiles are opened to guests 10-30 minutes before the
scheduled opening time, and guests may enter and head immediately to the attraction
of their choice.

a person who has remained outside the building (getting FP or otherwise) is not permitted to crowd through the line of waiting guests to "rejoin" the rest of her/his party.

CM's are often positioned at the entrance of the queue in the mornings making announcements to that effect.

And, that is generally considered "line-jumping" (and bad form) under any circumstances.

I'm glad of the clarification, but has this changed recently?? We were there a year ago, and there was still an "internal rope drop" at the corner of Hollywood & Sunset Blvds. It was immediately at park opening - no one was allowed near a ride until after rope drop.

And we, as well as MANY other families were in line waiting for other family members to get FP's... and if we got to the internal door of TSM before they arrived, we just waited there with the CM, they were allowed to join us there and then we entered the bldg. We must have seen this happen 6 or 7 times at least, and the CM's seemed fine with it... it was suggested to us by a friend who was a CM yrs before, and we had done it quite a few times. There was no "line jumping", as we were waiting in line for him, not butting ahead of anyone, and it was actually at OUR offer to wait outside until he arrived, so he didn't have to make his way through the internal crowded line.

If this has changed, I stand corrected - I wouldn't want to put someone in the place of doing something that is now considered taboo. :blush:

MickeysBestPal
08-30-2012, 07:38 AM
1- We were there a year ago, and there was still an "internal rope drop" at the corner of Hollywood & Sunset Blvds.

2- There was no "line jumping", as we were waiting in line for him, not butting ahead of anyone, and it was actually at OUR offer to wait outside until he arrived, so he didn't have to make his way through the internal crowded line.

1- Yes. There is no longer any internal Rope Drop at DHS. Same for Epcot.

2- I was very specific:

If your party has already entered the building/queue,

K8screen
08-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Not a silly question! We were there in July, and I had been to DS several times before TSM opened. I had planned everything, but though we found TSM to get our fast passes, when we came back to ride we couldnt find TSM and almost missed our FP window. It is not easy to get to in a hurry.

faline
08-30-2012, 09:05 AM

Yes. This is the current procedure. We've seen folks who have "almost" gotten to the door stand aside to wait for the person who has not yet returned from the fast pass machine. This is NOT what they were doing a couple of years ago but now, once inside the building, anyone on the ouside, will NOT be allowed inside to "catch up" to other members of their party.

mdricks
08-30-2012, 09:16 AM
"How do You get to toy story mania?"

Ruunnnnnn!!

Then wait.

:number1:

Gator
08-30-2012, 01:11 PM
I would say, follow everyone else. They're all either head for TSM or headed to get a fastpass.