PDA

View Full Version : The GREAT STROLLER THROW-DOWN 2012

dpamac
08-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Shall we start taking bets?

We have Mel, experience mom, experience park goer. Not only has she lugged kids to and from parks, she's packed and moved homes at a moment's notice thanks to the military's whims. She's experienced, mentally focused and has an affinity for her passenger, Duffy.

Ian is an experienced father of something like 18 kids. We suspect he's Amish. He's had more recent experience trying to negotiate a stroller filled with twins and his pin books around the theme parks. He has two recen stroller graduates. He has no love for Duffy and may, in fact, sabogage his own chances to merely hurt Duffy.

I'd say it's evenly matched. If it had been after the Tequila meet we may be looking at a different outcome. But right now I wouldn't say there's an odds on favorite.

It's still two months out. Mel could twist her ankle if she sees someone she thinks looks like Chipper Jones. Ian could rupture a blood vessel because his favorite radio station won't stop playing "Someone I Used to Know."

Who will be the victor? Mom or Dad? Sweet, kind Mel or snarky, mean Ian (Mel, I expect payment for that.) Will the previous night's sleep play into it? What's a better pre-game meal? Juice mixed with beer or angry liquor chased down with copious amounts of cheese and various dips?

You be the judge. Place your bets.*

*No money will be collected. No one will remember if you call the outcome. No money is tied to this bet. You may be awarded bragging rights under the condition that both Mel and Ian agree on a fair outcome. So, you know, you probably won't be awarded bragging rights.

EDITED TO ADD: Was I drunk when I typed this? I just reread it and some of the typos are frightening. And, yet, I refuse to edit it because words like "sabogage" are funny.

Ian
08-28-2012, 11:42 PM
I'm not even sure I'm doing this. Just sayin'

Ms. Mode
08-29-2012, 06:34 AM

Chicken?
I was going with Mel anyway but this just cements it! (She's a MOM, clean or dirty we take care of the passenger) LOL

dpamac
08-29-2012, 08:04 AM

Dude. You have to. The pride of a nation rests on your shoulders.

AvaNellMouse
08-29-2012, 08:05 AM
:cheer: Go Team Mel! :cheer:

Melanie
08-29-2012, 08:07 AM

I'll throw it to you and we'll call it a day, sound good? :D I'll even buy you a beer celebrating your win. :beer:

Seriously, Ian has waaaay more stroller experience than I do. That's a fact.

And, he's Amish. :funny:

dpamac
08-29-2012, 08:11 AM
Wow. Why didn't anyone tell me that half of my brain checked out while I was typing that? I'm not editing it though. It looks like one of my hands was typing a different message than the other.

Melanie
08-29-2012, 08:18 AM
Mel could twist her ankle if she sees someone she thinks looks like Chipper Jones.

And this could totally happen. I saw John Smoltz at Mission:Space once. LOL! :yes:

Buttercup
08-29-2012, 08:25 AM
And this could totally happen. I saw John Smoltz at Mission:Space once. LOL! :yes:
Or if Aladdin walks by on his way to the Morocco Pavillion...:cool:

VWL Mom
08-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Sorry Mel, but the vision of Ian trying to get Duffy with his stroller seems like a man on a mission. Going to have to go Team Ian on this.

dpamac
08-29-2012, 08:47 AM
I'm going to be Ian's trainer for this. I want to be the Mickey to his Rocky. I refuse to let him lay down and let Mel win.

"You're gonna eat lightnin'!"

disneymom15
08-29-2012, 09:44 AM
I'm with Mel on this one.
"G I R L P O W E R" all the way!
:cheer:Give me an M
"M"
:cheer:Give me an E
"E"
:cheer:Give me an L
"L"
What does it spell-MEL, MEL, MEL, MEL, MEL!!

Ed
08-29-2012, 09:56 AM
My money's on Mel. :spend:

I have insider info on the stroller she's using.

brownie
08-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Better check those Duffy bears to make sure none of the stuffing has been pulled out to reduce weight.

My money's on Ian (sorry Mel.) He was upset about the whole stroller parking thing so I think that'll speed him up.

dpamac
08-29-2012, 04:10 PM
I don't think Ian's going to be able to get out of this. His people want him.

Dsnygirl
08-30-2012, 05:26 AM
And, he's Amish. :funny:

I KNEW it!!! Can't figure out which way to throw my vote... gotta love the vision of Ian w/ Duffy in a stroller, but gotta go for Mel, too... sooo torn.... :blush:

hoop de do
08-30-2012, 08:12 AM
I have a question.
Is this a special ticketed event and what number do I call to get tickets if it is?
:babyroll: :thumbsup:

brownie
08-30-2012, 10:31 AM
I have a question.
Is this a special ticketed event and what number do I call to get tickets if it is?
:babyroll: :thumbsup:

Maybe Column will sell tickets.

MNNHFLTX
08-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Gotta go with our girl Mel! Sure, Duffy is cute, but if we dangle a new Dooney at the end of a stick it's pretty much guaranteed she will win. But for sure you can't chicken out, Ian. You will never hear the end of it. ;)

Septbride2002
08-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Please tell me there will be video!!!!

My money's on Ian only for the fact that east coasters seem to walk/run at remarkable speeds.

~Amanda

dpamac
08-30-2012, 03:37 PM
Please tell me there will be video!!!!

My money's on Ian only for the fact that east coasters seem to walk/run at remarkable speeds.

~Amanda

Mel's a military mom who can pack a full house and load it on a truck and still have time in the afternoon to go have one last Golden at R&C. She can probably beat Ian if she gets there late and has to also deal with everyone else's stroller too.

Dsnygirl
08-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Gotta go with our girl Mel! Sure, Duffy is cute, but if we dangle a new Dooney at the end of a stick it's pretty much guaranteed she will win. But for sure you can't chicken out, Ian. You will never hear the end of it. ;)

Heck, if you dangled a Dooney in front of me, there's no telling what I might attempt... :D

Mel's a military mom who can pack a full house and load it on a truck and still have time in the afternoon to go have one last Golden at R&C. She can probably beat Ian if she gets there late and has to also deal with everyone else's stroller too.

lol!! :funny:

MNNHFLTX
08-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Mel's a military mom who can pack a full house and load it on a truck and still have time in the afternoon to go have one last Golden at R&C.I can vouch for this. :thumbsup:

brownie
08-31-2012, 01:38 PM

If Ian's smart, he'll get a couple characters to line the route. Mel will be sure to stop to take pictures and tweet them.

Melanie
08-31-2012, 01:47 PM
If Ian's smart, he'll get a couple characters to line the route. Mel will be sure to stop to take pictures and tweet them.

:funny:

Funny, but so true Steve! :D A Golden and a character, and Ian is a shoo-in. :trophy:

SBETigg
08-31-2012, 01:54 PM
I want to say Melanie, but I think the maternal instincts to protect her Duffy might hold her back. And you mention that Ian has no love for Duffy, which I suspect might give him the edge. Plus, the Amish are very good with wheeled, man powered devices. No, I'll stick with Melanie. Go, Mel!

SBETigg
10-09-2012, 10:58 AM
I always start my INTERCOT day on the news page and look down the Discussion Live column on the far right for new topics. And I saw Team Meal and thought it was Team Mel and we were all about to trash-talk for the Stroller Throwdown. Alas, no. But anyway, TEAM MEL! (There, I feel better).

AvaNellMouse
10-09-2012, 11:07 AM
I always start my INTERCOT day on the news page and look down the Discussion Live column on the far right for new topics. And I saw Team Meal and thought it was Team Mel and we were all about to trash-talk for the Stroller Throwdown. Alas, no. But anyway, TEAM MEL! (There, I feel better).

:ditto: I was thinking, "we need TEAM MEL shirts".

disneymom15
10-10-2012, 04:01 PM

I thought the same thing. Thought it was a typo.