PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier & Rose & Crown reviews

Crow
08-28-2012, 03:06 PM
ate at Le Cellier, ADR for 4. the server was good. breadsticks.pretxel was in stick but the other 2 were rolls..they were ok. have canadian :beer:flight. scallops were eh..ok
i had short ribs which were sorta more like pieces of steak. too much pepper but it was good. used my TIW 20%. It wasnt bad..idk if id fight to go back there again but it was ok.
Rose & Crown lunch before hitting the airport. had a bumblebee instead of black & tan
cheese pairing app was good. fish & chips were too. TIW 20% off here also..id go here again.
off into the rain...then it stopped as got to airport..

Disneymom4ever
08-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Haven't been to either of those restaurants, but those are two that I've been really curious about. Thanks for the review! :mickey:

SBETigg
08-28-2012, 05:46 PM
Short ribs should never be like steak. That's a shame. Glad Rose & Crown was decent for lunch.

Lindsey310
08-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Love le Cellier, the filet is delicious and so is the cheddar cheese soup :eat:

Still haven't tried rose and crown pub but it's def on my list! :mickey:

faline
08-28-2012, 07:20 PM
We've enjoyed both of those restaruants. I really like Rose n Crown as a luncheon restaurant - love to sit on the patio and relax a bit while munching on fish and chips.

Gator
08-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Are the fish&chips as good inside as they are at the outside stand? This is one reason I've never gone to Rose&Crown - because they're signature dish is 8 bucks right outside the door.

faline
08-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Are the fish&chips as good inside as they are at the outside stand? This is one reason I've never gone to Rose&Crown - because they're signature dish is 8 bucks right outside the door.

Never had them at the stand. I enjoy sitting down in the restaurant and having table service so am willing to pay the extra for that.

missastrocat
08-28-2012, 09:41 PM
I've had them both in and outside, but really if you're going to eat inside, I'd get something other than the fish & chips, so you really taste a little bit of authentic British food.

Harry Ramsden's Fish and Chips (which is what is sold in Epcot) has turned more into a fast-food fish shoppe over in the UK. I've had it in Scotland and was greatly disappointed. Mom and pop frierys are so much better.

Thanks for all the reviews, Crow! I've enjoyed reading your reviews! Get's me excited about some of the ADRs I've made!

LandFan
08-28-2012, 09:44 PM
We have R&C set for a lunch on our last day as well - glad to know it is still a good option!

Crow
08-29-2012, 09:46 PM
i like having them inside w the TIW discount. plus u get to talk to a CM from over there.
They were pretty good. Id go to R&C before Le Cellier cause its easier to get into..and LC is a little dark, no windows to see outside.

LudwigVonDrake
08-31-2012, 06:17 AM
I had lunch at Le Cellier in July and it was :tasty: I was very happy with the Filet Mignon :eat:

jnfr2424
09-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the R & C review we usually eat from the stand but I hate the birds!!! So I am debating on making an ADR. Thanks for helping me with a decision

Crow
09-02-2012, 03:12 PM
you are welcome.
id def say to try inside, that way you get to sit out of the sun and talk to CM from England