PDA

View Full Version : Reservation after closing time @ HS?

dreadpirateemily
08-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Hello all,
I have a reservation at the Sci-Fi Drive In on 01/08/13 @ 7p. But I just read that the park closes at 7p that week in January.
Hmmm.. What to do?

Thanks in advance!

VWL Mom
08-28-2012, 04:35 PM
If you're relying on Disney transportation it may be a bit rushed but as long as you are seated on time you should be okay. Last week the buses were running until 1 1/2 hours after park closing but I've never heard of anyone being stranded.

MargaretMessler
08-28-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm sure that they will make sure you get back to your hotel no matter what, but who knows what kind of hassle it could be. I always bring the car if we're going to be there past closing for whatever reason.

AllDisney
08-28-2012, 07:17 PM
One year daughter & I were there after closing. We weren't paying much attention to the time. We were strolling around the streets and into the shops:thumbsup:

We headed out and over to the bus stop. We were the only ones there. We waited and waited and waited (about 40 minutes). My daughter began to get nervous and said "How are we EVER going to get back to the resort?". I simply said, "It's Disney we'll get back. I am not worried":number1:

We began wandering around the bus area. A few minutes later a Disney bus pulls up (it had another resort listed on the front) and asked where we needed to go. He took us back and we were the only people on the bus. No worries....it's Disney:cloud9:

faline
08-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Busses will continue to run at all parks until the park is totally clear. It's possible (if you're really late) that you will end up on a bus that will visit more than one resort but you won't be left stranded at the park.

Gator
08-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Even though the Studios closes at 7pm officially, Fantasmic runs until 7:30. The all the people have to walk back to the center of the park and then the bus stop. The first people from that will arrive at the stops around 7:40. The buses will then run fast and furious for about an hour. All that to say, don't sweat it.:mickey:

dreadpirateemily
08-29-2012, 07:51 AM
Thanks everyone! I didn't even think about the Fantasmic crowds, etc. Feeling much better... man, you Intercot people know your stuff. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Please don't worry at all!

We were VERY late out of Rose & Crown one night, and when we got to the bus stop, there was a CM waiting and asked where we were going and called for a bus.

He did the same for the couple of other people who wandered up behind us.

It was well after park closing, so don't worry that you'll be stranded in the least ... enjoy your meal, and Disney will get you back to the resort.

Gator
08-31-2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks everyone! I didn't even think about the Fantasmic crowds, etc. Feeling much better... man, you Intercot people know your stuff. :mickey:

We got yo back :rocks: