PDA

View Full Version : MK - left, right or straight?

steamboat willy
08-28-2012, 11:14 AM
When we first enter the Magic Kingdom, we always go LEFT at Casey's and start in Adventureland. We continue now clockwise to Frontierland, Liberty Square, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland and finish up back at Casey's for the Fireworks and a Dog! Now this December, we're probably heading straight through Cinderella's Castle to the New Fantasyland!
When visiting the Magic Kingdom, which way do you go and why?
See ya in December! :santa::tree::santa:

Gator
08-28-2012, 11:21 AM
We usually go straight, but that's because we have kids who want to get to Fantasyland. We used to go left so that we could grab some fastpasses at BTM or SplashMT, and then ride Jungle Cruise or Pirates - but kids tend to change everything. And probably in a few years, the kids will want to hit Tomorrowland first, so then we'll be going right.

EJS-Houston
08-28-2012, 11:23 AM
When we first enter the Magic Kingdom, we always go LEFT at Casey's and start in Adventureland. We continue now clockwise to Frontierland, Liberty Square, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland and finish up back at Casey's for the Fireworks and a Dog! Now this December, we're probably heading straight through Cinderella's Castle to the New Fantasyland!
When visiting the Magic Kingdom, which way do you go and why?
See ya in December! :santa::tree::santa:

Hmmm. Good question. Never thought about it before, but I suppose more often then not I head left toward Liberty Square (The Haunted Mansion is my favorite Magic Kingdom ride), then do Frontierland and Adventureland before heading back toward Tomorrowland.

#1donaldfan
08-28-2012, 12:17 PM
We typically do left and around, nearly identical as you !!!:cool:

Pooh Fan
08-28-2012, 12:21 PM
I like to stroll down Mainstreet and head to Tomorrowland for a ride on the TTA!

Butters
08-28-2012, 12:21 PM
We used to always go left but as PP said with kids we now go straight to Fantasyland then we head left to liberty square fronierland.... And finish whith tomorrow land

Tygger7
08-28-2012, 12:27 PM
It's funny the routines we get in...going all the way back to my very first visit, we always go right. Usually, Space Mountain is our first ride...but we always hit Buzz & the Peoplemover during the first pass too. We then hit the Haunted Mansion...just tradition. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
08-28-2012, 01:14 PM
When our kids were younger we always went straigt to Fantasyland/Toontown. Since they've gotten a bit older we tend to head left toward Adventureland. This last trip we took the boys wanted to go to Tomorrowland first so we did things a bit different. I fully expect on our trip next Feb. we'll go straight to check out the new Fantasyland first thing. So for my family I guess it just depends.

CzepielCrew
08-28-2012, 01:19 PM
We have always gone left first, then to Fantasyland, back up the middle and saved Tommorowland for last.

Daisy'sMom
08-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Years ago when my children were small, my inlaws went to MK with us. The kids wanted to go to HM and so we started to go towards frontierland. My FIL almost had a heart attack. He insisted we go left. He actually stood there with his arms crossed and I thought he was going to have a tantrum! We went left and have ever since. My children today talk about Pop's meltdown.:mickey:

g8rgirl29
08-28-2012, 02:01 PM
We always head to whichever ride it is DD wants to ride first and then make a plan from there. But, I don't think we have ever started out by going to the right. We either go straight, left or somewhere in the middle of the two.

disneyfamilyforever
08-28-2012, 02:11 PM
I too have always gone left since I was a child and then carried it on with my kids. But we now have a little princess ourselves so our main goal is to find as many Princesses as we can. So Fantasy land will be our first stop this trip.

minnie04
08-28-2012, 02:19 PM
For us its "right" I don’t really know why. We have never gone straight through the Castle or to the left. When I was reading all the post and thinking back to all the years of going. I can’t explain it, but it’s always been the right side of the park first. It has never been because of a ride either hmmm wonder why?? :mickey:

retiredfigment
08-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Depends on time of day and if it our first time going during our visit. Usually left, if we have had our traditional breakfast at CP. Also read somewhere, long ago, that most people upon arriving go straight or right, so it is less congested to go left.

MrPeetrie
08-28-2012, 02:57 PM
We almost always go left and hit jungle cruise and POTC first. Then we swing around and hit one or both mountains. Haunted Mansion. Lunch in fantasyland.

Then we spend time in fantasyland, finishing in tomorrowland.

In between, we might try to see a parade. Always finish with shopping at Emporium.

Disney Doll
08-28-2012, 03:33 PM
We always hit Fantasyland first thing in the am. I can't stand to be there after 11am. It's just nuts and the layout is not good for congestion. Hope the new expansion breaks that up a bit.

If we are stopping by midday we usually head left for POTC and a Dole Float.

Quadstriker
08-28-2012, 03:34 PM
MK is usually right first for a Space Mountain fastpass.

Disneyland is usually left first for an Indy Jones fastpass.

tiggerbuddy
08-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Left to Pirates !! Yo Ho !!:mickey:

Gator
08-28-2012, 04:11 PM
We always hit Fantasyland first thing in the am. I can't stand to be there after 11am. It's just nuts and the layout is not good for congestion. Hope the new expansion breaks that up a bit.

I doubt the new Fantasyland will do anything but make it more congested back there. Think of all the people who don't spend a lot of time in Fantasyland who now will want to see what's new. Gonna be chaos.

Janmac
08-28-2012, 04:50 PM
We split our MK time.

First morning we go left to Aladdin's Magic Carpet while the current youngster in our extended family gets used to all the sensory overload. Then we do favorites in Adventureland and Frontierland and possibly Liberty Square. Often our first MK morning coincides with an early breakfast at Crystal Palace, so we're waiting at the Adventureland rope drop.

Second morning - which might be day 3 or 4 at WDW - we go straight and head for Fantasyland. By this time the current youngster is in tune with all the noise and bustle and thoroughly enjoys Fantasyland and then Tomorrowland.

And lunch at Cosmic Ray's! :thumbsup:

So far, thank everything, our current youngster is not needing either hugs or signatures from every character she sees in the parks. And by some stroke of luck, she's not a Princess kind of girl either. Saves time and money! :D

Jan

tjstrike
08-28-2012, 08:15 PM
We always go right, hit Buzz, then the TTA, COP then on to SM and Indy cars.

epceddie
08-28-2012, 08:27 PM
My wife and I always go right. Our first stop is always Buzz Lightyear, which we ride six or seven times while there's little or no wait. Allison is a big fan of Carousel of Progress and we both enjoy the People Mover.
After Tomorrowland, we head to the Hall of President's and the Haunted Mansion. Then we like to do the Country Bear Jamboree and ride Pirates of the Caribbean a few times. Then, we usually head back to Main Street to ride the steam train around the park a couple of times and we get off at Frontierland to start all over again with POC and a ride reversal all the way back to Tomorrowland.

LandFan
08-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Usually to the right for some reason... Space, Buzz, COP, Monsters, TTA.... then wherever the mood takes us. :D Only 30 days and 16 hours now!!

Chase055
08-28-2012, 10:26 PM
I always go left at both magic kingdom and disneyland. Then I hit potc or jungle cruise first. Also, I always use the right entrance when going under the train to enter main street and exit on the left. It's just something I have always done my whole life and I cannot explain why.

Cinderelley
08-29-2012, 01:35 AM
We got straight . . . to BTMRR :D

Elias1901
08-29-2012, 04:46 AM
Hmm. This one has changed for me over the years. When my family visited WDW's Magic Kingdom for the first handful of times, we always trended to go to the left towards Big Thunder Mountain Railroad & Splash Mountain when the park opened. We then would work our way around the park clockwise and finish in Tomorrowland.

This recently changed however when our family has been visiting Disneyland Park in California more frequently. In Disneyland, we did the exact opposite rotation of what we typically would do in Florida. This time we hung a right and started in Tomorrowland and would end in the Adventureland area on the left side of the park. In California there is only a few major reasons for this. Space Mountain and now more recently, Star Tours II: The Adventures Continue! :thumbsup:

But honestly, when you sum it all up... there is no right or wrong way to do Disney. Anyway you slice it, you can't miss!!

Dulcee
08-29-2012, 08:28 AM
First stop is always Small World, followed by Peter Pan followed by Haunted Mansion.

Only on day 1. After that all bets are off.

Mendelson
08-29-2012, 08:28 AM
To me the stuff back in FL, like Peter Pan and IASW, is essential Disney...kinda like the foundation on which so much else was built. I guess in part because of that - and in part tradition - we've always started there. Then we head counter-clockwise. We can usually knock out FL, HM, and the parts of Frontier and Adventureland we like by noon. Just in time for Dole Whip floats for lunch!

Kenny1113
08-29-2012, 07:27 PM
It depends on What time we get there, which direction the crowd is headed and what my kids want to ride first. In the past it's been left to POTC

CuteAsMinnie
08-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Straight! Fantasyland comes first. :cloud9: Then we head to the left.

PlutoToo
08-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Left to the Dole Whips.:number1:

Jayhorn
08-30-2012, 09:31 AM
If we arrive for EMH, my wife and I go straight and do ALL of Fantasyland before the crowds show up. If it weren't for EMH, we'd never ride Dumbo! Every other time, I tend to the right. I think that comes from the days when I was a kid, and Tomorrowland was my favorite land at the MK and DL.

Aurora
08-30-2012, 09:43 AM
Before we had kids, always to the left and did Jungle Cruise and Pirates first.

After kids, straight to Dumbo and other Fantasyland rides.

Our next trip will probably be to the right of the castle to get to the new Fantasyland!

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
09-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Generally grab peter pan FP, hit HM as our first ride and then Fantasyland... and then lunch at Columbia harbour and then wherever. jockeying FP's for Splash and BTMRR, while also being sure to hit pirates, jungl cruise, aladdin, and then TTA, BuZZ and COP and Monsters laugh floor. But for several years now... it has been HM first then Fantasyland for sure.

Joannelet
09-02-2012, 06:28 AM
Without kids we head to haunted mansion and then POTC and all of frontierland. Now with kids we rush to Dumbo and spend up to many hours in Fantasyland. :) now it's going to get even worst! But we love every minute! :)

WDWgoofy
09-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Depends on time of day for me.

On EMH - always turn right to Tomorrowland.

When arriving after 4pm, I look at the wait board, but usually head left.

LudwigVonDrake
09-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Most times I hang a right towards Tomorrowland. Why? Beats me :mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
09-02-2012, 07:17 PM
every trip, i always run straight up main street, and hook right to tomorrowland. I do all the tomorrowland stuff (sans stitch) and then head to adventureland and then to the HM. Then based on how long that took, or on skipping/fp rides w long waits I go back and repeat as necessary. :D

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-02-2012, 09:34 PM
I'd never really thought about it but it's usually a left turn to either Pirates, Jungle or HM. Not usually Splash right away because I don't want to get wet right away.

Jeffybob
09-02-2012, 09:48 PM
To the right, Space Mtn, Buzz, etc, making the circle counter clockwise.

Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Owner since '98) :mickey:

2011 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2010 - BWV - Valentine's Day
2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - BWV (2)
2007 - BWV
2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
2005 - HH, BWV (2)
2003 - BWV
2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
2000 - BWV
1999 - BWV, HH, VB
1998 - BWV, Swan

Dsnygirl
09-02-2012, 11:54 PM
We always go to the left... we usually start our day at the CP, and then head to Pirates for our first ride... then we backtrack and do everything else. From that point on, there's no rhyme or reason, it's whatever we're in the mood to do! :)

MKFD43
09-03-2012, 01:14 PM
We always go left for some reason. Just a habit.. i guess. It feels weird when we take a right.

ANG
09-03-2012, 05:19 PM
THIS TRIP we will be going straight to Fantasyland. Then probably go counter clockwise (assuming we don't ride the train to a particular stop)

Mousemates
09-03-2012, 08:56 PM
we run right...space mountain for fast pass and then to buzz lightyear

paragon
09-04-2012, 07:27 PM
ahhhh, the left or right decision.....it appears that most of us go to the left, or at least used to. I do, for this simple reason......people are like sheep, and we all tend to drift towards the right, we are taught to do it that way, in school ( keep to the right in the halls, and on the stairs ),when driving, (drive on the right ) in stores, ( most retailers set up the best items on the right ) and at WDW people always used to flock to the right. Especially before fastpass. You always had the choice in a line to go left or right, the line on the left was always much shorter. ( notice that the fastpass lines are on the left ) Even at the ticket windows and gates. We would always watch everyone heard to the closest gate, or the right ones, and always, the far left gates were empty, and we would walk right through. When we go now ( actually-will be there in 9 days!) we go to the left, its just shorter all around...

Becca3557
09-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Great post! We go left, usually heading first to Pirates, stopping at the Jungle Cruise if the line is not too bad. Then on to Splash Mountain and around to the Country Bears, then the Haunted Mansion and then to Fantasyland. Pirates was our first ever WDW ride. :mickey:

Utopia74
09-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Clockwise

disneylovinmom
09-10-2012, 11:05 PM
We also start to the left with POTC first and work our way around. It always seemed like everybody else went right, so I went left.

bruin1344
09-11-2012, 08:58 PM
I have no consistent directions. I usually check wait times and get fastpasses first on the side with longest waits.

If no waits, I would go left since my favorites rides like Pirates, Splash, and Thunder are on that sides.

CosmicRay
09-13-2012, 05:24 PM
We always go to the right, and head straight to the Tomorrowland to ride our traditional first ride of the trip - the TTA!

joonyer
09-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Usually it's left to head to Splash Mountain, but for a couple of years in there our youngest son was hooked on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, so then it was turn to the right.