PDA

View Full Version : Planet Hollywood

mydisneygirls
08-28-2012, 11:03 AM
I know this has probably been asked and answered, but I can't seem to find a post.

Opinions please. We have never eaten here and in our packet from Disney, we received a voucher for $15 for here. We are on the DP but one meal I need to pay for OOP. I'm wondering if they give this voucher because it's not great and they try to drum up business for them?

Tigerinvestigator
08-28-2012, 11:12 AM
We ate at Planet Hollywood a few weeks ago and the food was good. The atmosphere is fantastic IF you like movies. My girls loved looking around. They actually encourage you to wander up to the top floor while you are waiting on your food. It is not a place I care to eat at every trip but we go every few years and always enjoy our meal. They also offer a AAA discount for those who are members!:thumbsup:

mydisneygirls
08-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Thank you!!! I think we'll give it a try then. It will be something completely different for us!

Mickey'sIrishPAl
08-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Try the fried lasagna. AMAZING!!!!

MargaretMessler
08-28-2012, 06:19 PM
The food is good, the atmosphere is great (I am a BIG movie buff), but depending on when you go it can get a little crazy in there. We ended up walking out once because we were waiting for approaching an hour on a quoted 30 minute wait and it didn't look to be getting any better.

Motto of the story, stick with lunchtime.

Lindsey310
08-28-2012, 06:21 PM
We love planet hollywood! In fact, we always make it a tradition to eat there on the day we arrive in WDW! Try the fried LA lasagna or the pasta dish. Great!! :eat:

Only 1 day left until we leave!!! :joy:

Gator
08-28-2012, 07:56 PM
I'm surprised at all the good reviews. We went with the same voucher/coupon. The food was just barely OK, and the atmosphere was stinking loud and obnoxious. I don't mind loud, but this place took it to a whole new level. With all the resort dining options, not to mention the options at Epcot World Showcase, I can say I have no reason to ever return there.

Gator
08-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Oh, just saw where you were from - Go RedSox! (Not this season, though:()

mydisneygirls
08-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Loud and obnoxious I can't handle. And forget the Red Sox (even though we Bostonians still watch them get their pants beat off them) BUT....it is now football season. GO PATS!!!! We can at least rely on them to win more than half the games they play!!!!

A Big Kid
08-28-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm surprised at all the good reviews. We went with the same voucher/coupon. The food was just barely OK, and the atmosphere was stinking loud and obnoxious. I don't mind loud, but this place took it to a whole new level. With all the resort dining options, not to mention the options at Epcot World Showcase, I can say I have no reason to ever return there.

^ this. We went once a few years ago and I can't ever imagine going back. It was loud. It was crowded. It was loud. Food was bland. It was loud. Service was slow. It was loud.

Did I mention it was loud?

There is a reason why they they have to offer a $15 coupon and a free keychain.

DisneyWFan
08-28-2012, 09:34 PM
We went at lunch time in Dec. the food was really good (I had the fried lasagna) I wouldn't say it was horribly loud & obnoxious. Its kinda like the the Hard Rock cafe noise wise. But I guess that depends on what you can tolerate.

#1donaldfan
08-29-2012, 12:18 PM
It is NOT worth the 15% off !!! The service was incredibly poor and the food was no better than a CS where you don't have to tip......the 15% will be eaten up with your tipping....so, IMHO I would not go, it's truly not worth it !!! YUCK !!!:cool:

savafan
08-29-2012, 02:16 PM
It is NOT worth the 15% off !!! The service was incredibly poor and the food was no better than a CS where you don't have to tip......the 15% will be eaten up with your tipping....so, IMHO I would not go, it's truly not worth it !!! YUCK !!!:cool:

Is it 15% or $15? I'm getting the same certificate with my package, and I could have sworn I was told $15.

Tigerinvestigator
08-29-2012, 03:25 PM

I have to disagree on the service. While it is no where near one of our favorites, the food was good. The service we received was probably the second best of the trip only behind Fulton's. Our waiter was excellent and even pointed out some of the girl's favorite movies to them. Service is going to depend on who your waiter is but that is every restaraunt. Our service was excellent. As far as the noise goes apparently it wasn't too loud as I don't remember the noise being an issue with us. We did go at lunch (about 12:15 or so). Give it a try it's a pretty cool place with decent food!:thumbsup:

Jeri Lynn
08-29-2012, 04:52 PM
There are always mixed opinions on PH. That being said, it's one of my kids favorite places. Can be loud at times. We've never had a meal there that we did not like.

I personally like the place, I think it's pretty cool and I love the Captain Crunch Chicken!!!

quicksand
08-30-2012, 08:40 AM
We had lunch here last year - mid November. We thought food was delicious and service was above average. Probably my favorite meal this entire trip. The restaurant was not crowded at all. The theaming is really cool, as others have stated. I guess it just depends on when you go. I would love to eat here again. :mickey:

mydisneygirls
08-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Hmmm..Captain Crunch Chicken???? Now I know my younger daughter will like that!

#1donaldfan
08-30-2012, 12:18 PM
Is it 15% or $15? I'm getting the same certificate with my package, and I could have sworn I was told $15.

When we went several years ago it was a percentage off, maybe not 15, maybe 10%. We also had a voucher to pick up some cheap souviner......

Hull-onian
09-01-2012, 07:21 PM
We went to Planet Hollywood last Wednesday, August 29th, and you could not get in. The line was down the stairs. Having never been in there b 4, we took the elevator up, and checked out the place. I thought it was colorful and noisy. We didn't get to eat there, and I'm not too unhappy about it. We did go to Ghiredelli's for ice cream....so that was good.....I'd like to say "GO SOX", but it ain't happening.....