PDA

View Full Version : Question for recent BLT visitors

DizneyFreak2002
08-27-2012, 07:34 PM
I have a serious question for those who have stayed at BLT, specifically those who had a room overlooking the Magic Kingdom...

Did you notice if they still pumped the music to Wishes into the rooms via the TV on a special channel or even though the sound system in the walkway to Contemporary???

I ask because last year they didn't... I remember, in 2009, they did... The first night of my trip in 2009 my friends and I decided to hang out at the room and watch the fireworks from the balcony... I turned on the channel they pumped the music through and we took in HalloWishes... I wound up turning the TV off because the music was also pumped into the speakers in the walk way and from the Contemporary...

In 2011, our plan was, for the first night, to grab sandwiches from Earl of Sandwich and chill out on the balcony to catch HalloWishes... However, no music pumped into the TV nor was there any music pumped into the speakers in the walk way... Needless to say we were disappointed we couldn't hear the music with the fireworks show... I meant to ask the front desk but I never did get around to it...

When I went on a DVC tour and saw the BLT rooms on display, one of the selling points the guide made a point to mention was the music in the rooms... They had a dedicated TV channel just for the firework show music to be listen to in the room while watching the show from the balcony/room...

So, if anyone who have stayed there recently who have noticed that yes, in fact the music is still broadcast on the dedicated channel or into the sound system, any notification you have would be appreciated... And yes, there is a specific reason I ask...

Mammabruski
08-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Yes they do. We stayed on June 16th of this year and enjoyed watching Wishes from our balcony with the music playing on a specific channel on the TV. We turned the volume up to 100% on the TV and had a wonderful time!

Your plan from 2011 sounded wonderful, maybe it will all work out for your next visit...

DizneyFreak2002
08-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Yes they do. We stayed on June 16th of this year and enjoyed watching Wishes from our balcony with the music playing on a specific channel on the TV. We turned the volume up to 100% on the TV and had a wonderful time!

Your plan from 2011 sounded wonderful, maybe it will all work out for your next visit...

Thank you... I was a tad disappointed, well more than a tad, the music wasn't pumped in... I never thought about it being an issue... But I had a conversation with a friend recently, and I was curious if this was just an issue that night or something ongoing or even stopped for some reason...

I appreciate the response!!! :)

LVT
08-28-2012, 07:30 AM
Is the music piped in during the special paid party fireworks as well as the regular fireworks?

DizneyFreak2002
08-28-2012, 11:16 AM
Is the music piped in during the special paid party fireworks as well as the regular fireworks?

I remember HalloWishes being piped in back in 2009... I wondered the same thing last year thinking maybe they stopped piping in music from the paid events... But I remember distinctly the music being from Hallowishes a few years back...