PDA

View Full Version : Studios opening

BowTie7
08-27-2012, 06:41 PM
I believe I heard that the Studios no longer does the park opening show with the movie director. Anyone been to this park recently on a non-magic morning? What is the current timeline?

gerald72
08-27-2012, 07:07 PM
They open the gates about 15 minutes early.
Then you wait at the attractions until the actual park opening.

Bethanymouse
08-27-2012, 08:44 PM
That is correct. We were there last month and no magic opening- just let us through gates and waited at attractions....:(

Kairi_7378
08-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Oh dear. What is the line at TSM like?!

Melanie
08-27-2012, 09:57 PM
I love how they are doing this now. There is still a rush to Toy Story Mania, but not the MAD rush of the past. It's so much nicer.

MickeysBestPal
08-28-2012, 07:48 AM
They open the gates about 15 minutes early.
Then you wait at the attractions until the actual park opening.

I don't think that's true for "all" the DHS attractions.

At least TSM's queue (and FP machines) should be open to early-arriving guests as soon as the front gates are opened.

That's the point of opening the gates early.

Not sure if R'n'RC and ToT are open "early," but I'd expect that they are.

FriendsofMickey
08-28-2012, 09:27 AM
We were there in May and June and both times, they let people walk straight to the attractions. I loved it! Last November, they did not have the 'movie opening' either, but stopped everyone at a rope near the hat. My girls got to help opening the park by doing a dance/cheer (it was their birthday). We were also able to be the first ones on the ride. :mickey:

However, the way they are opening it now is much, much better, because the mad dash of people is much, much fewer. Plus families can actually make it to the ride without the non families running over top of them.

Gator
08-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Aw, that's too bad. I really like that openning. For all of you who, unlike me, hate the Hat and wish the Mann Theatre could be seen again, I'm surprised that you want less Hollywood in the park.

Give me the pre-show. It really sets the tone for the rest of the day, I think.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-28-2012, 12:34 PM
I don't think it is a case of less Hollywood, but less craziness and mad dashes.

I have always purposely avoided being at DHS for opening, since was such a madhouse that it just wasn't worth it.

The opening shows are cute, but the running that follows them just isn't worth it.