PDA

View Full Version : DDP prices?

fanofdisney
08-27-2012, 06:03 PM
I am looking over our receipts to see if not using the DDP was beneficial or not. I should have looked up the price before we went but I didn't think of it. Could someone tell me what the DDP prices would have been for the 1 table service, 1 counter service and the snack in July? We used the TiW card and am interested to see how we did.
Thanks for your help :mickey:

faline
08-27-2012, 06:13 PM
I believe 2012 prices are $51.54 per adult and $15.02 per child

fanofdisney
08-27-2012, 06:17 PM

DizneyRox
08-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Be sure to post your results... We found TiW is significantly less than OOP (of course) and the dining plan. Friends who just came back spent $400 more for the dining plan than if they just paid OOP.

When doing the math, make sure to include tip and other items that aren't included in the dining plan.

For me, we can wipe at least 2% off, right off the bat, as the gratuity surcharge actually saves us from tipping what we normally would. When added to my bill, that's the only "gratuity" you'll be seeing. I may speak with a manager if everything wasn't great.

faline
08-27-2012, 07:28 PM
We tracked it pretty closely a couple of years ago and found that we saved quite a bit over what we would have paid using the standard "free" dining plan. Given that we ate at far more 2 table service restaurants that the dining plan would have allowed us, we had to count some meals as "out of pocket" had we been on the dining plan. We used tables in wonderland.

fanofdisney
09-06-2012, 12:37 PM
We are a family of 5 and the youngest is 9 so still the child's price. We stayed 7 nights, and you pay per night not day correct? If that is correct according to Faline's prices we would have paid $1548.26 for the DDP.

On the TiW we paid $1526.99. That included a lunch at CRT, all snacks, tips, taxes and several adult beverages :beer::marg: :secret: So we definitely came out ahead of using the DDP and we loved it :thumbsup:
Even with paying $100 for the card we still saved money.

Brer_Fox
09-06-2012, 01:04 PM
I saved all of our food receipts from the past 3 trips we have had using the dinning plan.

I dont have the actual numbers anymore, but in every case the DDP was around 10-15% cheaper then what we would have spent OOP. Each visit includes 3 to 4 signature places that can easily add up to $200 just for 2 people.

Everytime we go down, I already have a rough idea of what the cost of food will be, then its deciding the cost of DDP or OOP? In my case DDP usually makes sense.

VWL Mom
09-06-2012, 01:05 PM
I agree, TIW is the better route. I always save my receipts and compare when we get home.

You might even have saved a bit more because I think July would be peak pricing so the DDP would have be slightly higher $53.54/adt $16.04/child.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
09-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Can ANYONE purchase TiW or is it only for Florida residents?

TinkerbellT421
09-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Can ANYONE purchase TiW or is it only for Florida residents?

Annual pass holders and DVC

Butters
09-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Not sure how people are showing a savings with TiW. I just calculates it out for two adults doing one QS one TS an one snack a day and the price between the two is within $10 and that didn't include desserts, so it seems DDP would be the better option

disneynarula
09-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Not everyone can get the TIW card. Correct me if I am wrong, but you have to be a Florida Resident, an annual passholder or a DVC member. We are not any of those.

We are staying at AoA in October and just happened to get the free dining.

I am going to keep track this time and will be interested to see what we would have spent on dining.

One thing to keep in mind is what you would have ordered if you had not been on the Dining Plan. I would probably not order dessert if it was not part of the dining plan. When I figure out the calculations I am going to keep two figures; The actual cost of our meal and what I would have ordered if we had not been on the dning plan.

faline
09-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Not sure how people are showing a savings with TiW. I just calculates it out for two adults doing one QS one TS an one snack a day and the price between the two is within $10 and that didn't include desserts, so it seems DDP would be the better option

I often do not want dessert. With free dining, we ordered dessert because it felt like we "had to". Oftentimes, I would rather have an appetizer instead of dessert and that is not included with free dining. Sometimes, I only want the meal and nothing else. With the Tables in Wonderland Card, I get to order what I want and not order those things I do not want. I can also get a discount on alcoholic beverages which are not included in the free dining. When I'm done with my meal, my tip is "free" and I get back 2% (The Tables in Wonderland discount is 20% but, when you use the card, they tack on an automatic 18% gratuity. Since we "normally" tip 20%, we save on the tip as well.)

DizneyRox
09-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Not sure how people are showing a savings with TiW. I just calculates it out for two adults doing one QS one TS an one snack a day and the price between the two is within $10 and that didn't include desserts, so it seems DDP would be the better optionLast time we at at the castle, we got a refund of over $30 just for that meal. There were 10 other days in our vacation with more savings. I don't understand how anyone can come out ahead on the dining plans, even when they are "free".