PDA

View Full Version : BLT Check-in moved

VWL Mom
08-27-2012, 10:26 AM
It's being reported that people checking in to BLT are now being directed to the BLT lobby. There are now manned desks there so no more CR. I can't find this on the DVC site and thought maybe one of our insiders could provide some info?

faline
08-27-2012, 11:24 AM
I haven't heard anything about this but, if true, it would be a welcome change!

Christine
08-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Oh my gosh! I hope so!
I'm going to see about this this week. Does this mean the front doors will not be key access only? Because otherwise how would a guest get IN to check in? Hmmm- ill have to see

Melanie
08-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Oh my gosh! I hope so!
I'm going to see about this this week. Does this mean the front doors will not be key access only? Because otherwise how would a guest get IN to check in? Hmmm- ill have to see

Let us know Christine. I'd love to know for sure since we are checking in in 56 DAYS!!! :joy:

Christine
08-27-2012, 01:54 PM
I definitely will, Mel!

That is the biggest hassle to have to park twice or walk back and forth. I hope it's true!

And :number1: how exciting! You'll be back here before you know it!!

DizneyFreak2002
08-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Can't confirm but a friend said he saw it listed on the Hub that BLT now has its own check in desks... I'm trying to figure out how... The lobby in the BLT is small....

CantonMichigan
08-28-2012, 10:30 PM
I checked into BLT at Contemporary last Saturday night.

VWL Mom
08-29-2012, 07:48 AM
It's finally been posted to DVC site

Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort adds check-in desk

As part of a commitment to the continuous improvement of the Member experience, Disney Vacation Club has created a new check-in desk to allow Members staying at Bay Lake Tower to check in at the Bay Lake Tower lobby.
This convenient new service is available from 7 a.m.-10 p.m. daily until further notice.

Members arriving by Disney's Magical Express will continue to check-in next door at Disney's Contemporary Resort (where the Front Desk operates 24 hours a day).

The check-in desk in the Bay Lake Tower lobby also provides a variety of services for all Bay Lake Tower Members and Guests to enjoy throughout their stay, including check-out, ticket sales, dining reservations, recreation and spa reservations, and more.

DizneyFreak2002
08-29-2012, 02:41 PM
It's finally been posted to DVC site

Thanks for posting that and confirming it officially... I'm still trying to figure out how in the heck they are doing this... Again, the lobby is small and the two desks that have aren't big enough... Unless they don't count on many people checking in directly at BLT...

VWL Mom
08-29-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm wondering what they'll do about luggage if your room's not ready? Will they call bell services to take it back to CR for storage?

Good to see they're trying though. Having a manned desk in the lobby is definitely a move in the right direction.

faline
08-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Good to see they're trying though. Having a manned desk in the lobby is definitely a move in the right direction.

I agree - it always felt a little strange to wander through the lobby area and see it deserted half the time!

PETE FROM NYC
08-30-2012, 04:16 PM
What about personel to handle luggage ? We are driving to BLT in 18 more sleeps. Or will we have to call luggage services, or are they also stationed in BLT lobby ?

Melanie
08-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Ok but...if you come in on Magical Express, why can't you check in at BLT? What am I missing? Something to do with luggage?

Christine
08-30-2012, 05:43 PM
I still don't understand how you will get in to Check in at BLT? You have to check in to get a key, but you need a key to get in the building to check in?

DizneyFreak2002
08-30-2012, 06:59 PM
I still don't understand how you will get in to Check in at BLT? You have to check in to get a key, but you need a key to get in the building to check in?

Wow, yes, that is a good point... You are only allowed to enter the resort if you are a staying guest who has a key... Well, guess that now means ANYONE can enter the "private" resort... So, there goes one of the selling points and kind of cheapens the resort for the ones who point into the resort on the selling points...

faline
08-30-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm not sure how it applies to check-in but, on the member website, where it discusses access to the lounge for DVC owners not staying at Bay Lake Tower, it states that someone will open the door for you if you show your DVC card and/or will be stationed on the door of the lobby to allow access. Perhaps they will have someone to open the door for those checking in as well?

Christine
08-30-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm not sure how it applies to check-in but, on the member website, where it discusses access to the lounge for DVC owners not staying at Bay Lake Tower, it states that someone will open the door for you if you show your DVC card and/or will be stationed on the door of the lobby to allow access. Perhaps they will have someone to open the door for those checking in as well?

That'd be neat- a doorman so to speak?

Aurora
08-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Wow, yes, that is a good point... You are only allowed to enter the resort if you are a staying guest who has a key... Well, guess that now means ANYONE can enter the "private" resort... So, there goes one of the selling points and kind of cheapens the resort for the ones who point into the resort on the selling points...

When we were there last year, all you had to do to walk into BLT without a key was walk into the Contemporary, take the elevator to the fourth floor, and walk across the bridge. The doors at both ends of the bridge, which were supposed to be closed and able to open only with a key card, were always standing wide open.

VWL Mom
08-31-2012, 07:14 AM
During our June '11 stay the doors were always open too. This summer they were closed through out the whole stay.

DizneyFreak2002
08-31-2012, 12:46 PM
When we were there last year, all you had to do to walk into BLT without a key was walk into the Contemporary, take the elevator to the fourth floor, and walk across the bridge. The doors at both ends of the bridge, which were supposed to be closed and able to open only with a key card, were always standing wide open.

When I was there in October they were locked tight... And only access was with a room key...

DizneyFreak2002
08-31-2012, 12:46 PM
During our June '11 stay the doors were always open too. This summer they were closed through out the whole stay.

Which is what they are supposed to be...

Melanie
08-31-2012, 01:18 PM
So no one has any idea on why you can't check in at BLT if you are arriving via Magical Express? Seems like that would be a big chunk of guests. :confused:

faline
08-31-2012, 01:29 PM
So no one has any idea on why you can't check in at BLT if you are arriving via Magical Express? Seems like that would be a big chunk of guests. :confused:

If I had to make a guess, it would be that they would not have enough staff to handle an influx of guests all arriving at that same time which could lead to long waits at check-in and unhappy guests.

Christine
09-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Checked it out today. Indeed , the doors are open and the are checking-in guests at each desk.

Melanie
09-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the update Christine!

MinnieMommie
09-18-2012, 06:18 AM
This is a much better way to serve guests than having the desks manned by DVC staff who have not been all that helpful in my experience. Good to see this space put to good use. :thumbsup: