PDA

View Full Version : Wifi at AoA

faberj
08-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Is Wifi included at AoA or is there a charge to have it in your room? If so how much is it now?

Disney Hungarian
08-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Wi-Fi is now free at all Disney resorts. It is also free in the MK an EP. Coming to HS and AK soon. As for the quality?????

Crow
08-26-2012, 10:31 PM
quality not so good..been at POP this wk and keep getting kicked off every few min. WL last trip wasnt too good either

Roger's #1 Fan
08-27-2012, 07:46 AM
The quality of the WiFi at AoA is not much better. We were in the top floor in building 5 (Nemo) and it was very hit or miss.

I can say, however, that the WiFi at MK was very good, we used the "Disney Experience" app without any issues on our iPod Touch.

faberj
08-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Do you have the option to pay to get better service???

Is the signal better in the Lobby area??

My DH will need to log in daily for work while we are on vacation in November. We are booked at AoA in a Lion King Family Suite.

BrerGnat
08-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Do you have the option to pay to get better service???

Is the signal better in the Lobby area??

My DH will need to log in daily for work while we are on vacation in November. We are booked at AoA in a Lion King Family Suite.

No, you cannot pay for better internet. WiFi is the only option at Art of Animation. I just stayed there one night last week and did not see any Ethernet type cables around anywhere.

The Wi Fi in the rooms is pretty awful. It is better out by the pool and in the lobby, but not too much better.

If you have AT&T cell phones, you will run into "dead zones" inside the family suite buildings. My phone actually went into "SOS Only" mode in our room...think it's all the concrete in there.

JerseyDad
08-29-2012, 12:19 AM
No, you cannot pay for better internet. WiFi is the only option at Art of Animation. I just stayed there one night last week and did not see any Ethernet type cables around anywhere.

The Wi Fi in the rooms is pretty awful. It is better out by the pool and in the lobby, but not too much better.

If you have AT&T cell phones, you will run into "dead zones" inside the family suite buildings. My phone actually went into "SOS Only" mode in our room...think it's all the concrete in there.

.....agee completely with WiFi issues at AoA. My brother is there now...and I'm at POP. He's had issues with getting a connection to the net with his laptop (needed for my autistic nephew). They actually moved his room to another Lion King bldg to have WiFi connectivity.

....regarding cell phone service...if you have AT&T or T-Mobile and are in Lion King bldgs.... your phone will be basically a piece of hi-tech art. (that...is the fault of those cell carriers ....I have. Verizon and have no problems there).

BrerGnat
08-29-2012, 08:50 AM
FWIW, I received a survey about my stay at AoA via email yesterday and there were EXTENSIVE questions about my experience with the resort WiFi. They asked specific questions about how often I had a weak/no signal, how often my connection dropped/hung, how often I experienced slow speeds, etc. They even asked about which devices I was using and what type of activity I was trying to do on the connection (email, basic web surfing, streaming media content, uploading/downloading photos, etc.). In the comments field, I basically (nicely) went off about how awful the wifi was at this hotel.

It seems that they are at least aware that this is a problem, and they are planning to tweak things.

Crow
08-29-2012, 09:51 PM
i have ATT and my phone wasnt working in the rm much, better by the window. there were other places onsite i had a few problems too. i usually dont have many no service problems at other places
the WIFI is bad. the airport was actually a lot better than WDW.